Thinking of switching from Verizon to At&T how is the Note 2?

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Does multi window work? Any issues complaints with it. I know the verizon model is crippled. Your opinions would be appreciated.

Metro2033

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just received my NOTE 2 this week. I thought my GS2 was an awesome phone but the NOTE 2 puts it to shame! This is an awesome phone. I'm short, 4' 11" and I have no problems holding the phone. I am a little more cautious using it one handed. It fits in my pockets with no problems. Speed is amazing. I love being able to see the text without having to bring the phone closer or constantly zoom in and out. The features are outstanding. I love being able to jot down a quick note with the S-Pen.

Ref AT&T - been with them a long, long time. most times I have no problems but occasionaly I go through a month or so of really HATING them and threatening to switch. Most of those times I was on an i-phone and was constantly dropping calls, loosing signal, etc... when I switched to the GS2 I did not have that problem. Last week in the store and this week when I called to activate my new phone I did experience problems. This week, the agent transfered my phone number to my new phone but neglected to transfer my data. I did not realize it until the next day when i left the house and turned wi-fi off. Come to find out she changed my plan to a pay as you go data usage. Uggggg. When I called ATT back the gentleman was great, outstanding, wonderful customer service. He had me fixed up in no time. First night customer wait time was about 7-10 minutes before I was able to speak with a rep. Second night customer wait time was about 2 minutes if that to speak to a rep.

Ref ATT stores - HATE THEM!!! Do not recommend purchasing anything through their stores. I bought my partner a note 2 the week before (yes I had phone envy) and we went to the store. After waiting in the store for 30 minutes that had only 1 bench for customers to wait at, we were assisted by the next representative. He was more interested in socializing with his co-workers and making sure they knew the score to the football game. The phone was not in stock and had to be ordered. Rep recommended delivery to the store (don't do it!!!). We received email phone was in so went to pick up. Again, a 20 minute wait. During this time we overheard a rep bull'sing a customer about accessories for their phone wich we knew were lies. Then he spent another 10-15 minutes socializing with the customers while other customers were waiting to be helped. Later, same rep was trying to convince a young woman that the iphone was the best phone (each should make their own mind up; not be persuaded by an ifanboy). The rep that assisted us this time was very nice. However, he said our phone was not there. We showed him the email with the tracking number... no phone. We waited 20 mintues and more to be told nope, sorry no phone. Ugggg, as we were leaving we received a note from ATT saying the phone was in. We left and decided to come back later. Third attempt we finally got the phone. So when I ordered my note 2 I had it delivered to house, recieved it in less than a week and activated over phone.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Does multi window work? Any issues complaints with it. I know the verizon model is crippled. Your opinions would be appreciated.

Multi window has not been enabled as yet, but plenty of custom roms have it integrated quite well. No complaints with the phone itself nor AT&Ts network so far. I recently switched from Sprint myself.

xartic1

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I own the international version so it may apply differently. The multiwindow is definitely a feature with room for improvement. I only use it when I need to reference something while typing. I the phone itself is great, as I am coming from using the original. I obtain about 2 days worth of moderate use, 5 hours on screen and 2 hours of blue tooth Pandora streaming over cellular. The screen is beyond amazing, as it isn't pentile anymore and the difference is night and day in comparison to the old note.

The speed on this device is unreal. Everything performed on this phone is silky smooth.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

inspectagadget1973

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been with at&t for 15-18 years. Never had a problem with them. Customer service has always been great. I make all my phone purchases at best buy. Their black tie protection can't be beat. It's also way cheaper than at&t's.

I just switched FROM my SGSII TO the Note 2. Love it! Their coverage in Vegas is excellent. That doesn't mean you'll get great coverage like me, I guess it depends on you area. Hopefully you'll have a positive experience like the rest of us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Admorris

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Switched from Verizon about a year ago and couldn't be happier. Their customer service over the phone has been nothing but top notch ever time I've called them. In store experience has been great too...very friendly, quick and too the point. Verizon wasn't a bad company per se, however, I always got the feeling from their customer service folks that they knew they had a great network and didn't give a crap if you stayed or not because they had plenty waiting to come aboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jj42431

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the AT&T note 2, I had the original note before it my first andriod phone. I have the note 2 rooted and running a ported international N7105 rom which has the multi window feature. This is a great phone I don't think I will every go back to the iphone.

Jimbo5000

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've only been with AT&T for a couple years - switched from US Cellular. Prior to this fine phone I had an HTC Inspire 4G (rooted). Before I renewed with AT&T I checked the plans available with other carriers. It seemed like other carriers were trending towards unlimited plans or unlimited except for data plans. I don't use a lot of minutes for my phone plan, rarely text and my 2gb data plan gets me by (even with some non-carrier sanctioned tethering) so for me I save a few bucks by sticking with AT&T. I agree with the recommendation to NOT purchase from the AT&T store, I got better customer service at Best Buy and am happy with their warranty option.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You are aware you will pay the same as you are now with Verizon correct? Its almost like downgrading seeing how you are going from a great network to a meh network......

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
(...) Later, same rep was trying to convince a young woman that the iphone was the best phone (each should make their own mind up; not be persuaded by an ifanboy (...)

I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience in your AT&T store. I was reading your post and I just wanted to point out one thing about this part; the reps are pushed to sell a certain amount of devices during certain times of the year by their managers. For example, as a rep, you may be required to push really hard for a Windows Phone purchase from all of your customers one week, and then an iPhone push the next week. Or perhaps the switch will happen monthly. The point is, at the end of the day, reps are salespeople; their job is to sell you something - you should know this going in. It's really no different than going out to buy a vehicle. Salespeople push to sell you things you may not even need - not necessarily because they are bad people, but, it is simply what their job is. You can dislike them, but you can't deny they are just doing their job to get by and put the bread on the table, even if you disagree with their job.

Surprisingly, no, I am not and have never been a rep, nor have I ever been in a sales position. But I know a few who are reps at different stores now, so I've become a little more educated than I was previously in what exactly goes on at these carrier stores these days behind closed doors, between managers and their sales staff.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Multi window has not been enabled as yet, but plenty of custom roms have it integrated quite well. No complaints with the phone itself nor AT&Ts network so far. I recently switched from Sprint myself.
I just switched from Sprint and I love ATT's data speeds. LTE is amazing! Also love being able to talk and surf at the same time. I do it all the time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34