Unlock your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 for free!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I found this post on a method to unlock the ATT GN2 for free. I did it and checked it with my wife's t mobile SIM and it did work just fine! It took several minutes for the T mobile network to come on but it did. Save yourself a few bucks.

Free UNLOCK N7105 - xda-developers

Last edited by a moderator:

willmsbrg

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unlock your ATT Galaxy Note 2 for free!

Is there any real way of telling if it worked without a different carrier sim to use?

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Is there any real way of telling if it worked without a different carrier sim to use?

Not that I'm aware of. I didn't recall seeing anything change in the special menu to show it was locked or unlocked.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site

Pretty cool. On my unlocked model it just says menu does not exists there. Lots of other neat info in there too.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

What advantages are there besides ability to switch carriers?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Update: How to unlock you friggin Awesome Galaxy Note2:

After speaking with AT&T land of idiots last night and being told "No", I decided to call back today and got a tier2 support person. He was unable to address the subsidy unlock and escalated it. About 5 minutes later I received a call from AT&T. Done deal..code and instructions on the way.
My earnest the suggestion...make sure you speak to a tier2 technician and have them escalate the unlock issue with a case #. Took exactly 5 minutes. Now they cant say, "you altered the phone through a non authorized vendor therefore youve violated your warranty"

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Update: How to unlock you friggin Awesome Galaxy Note2:

After speaking with AT&T land of idiots last night and being told "No", I decided to call back today and got a tier2 support person. He was unable to address the subsidy unlock and escalated it. About 5 minutes later I received a call from AT&T. Done deal..code and instructions on the way.
My earnest the suggestion...make sure you speak to a tier2 technician and have them escalate the unlock issue with a case #. Took exactly 5 minutes. Now they cant say, "you altered the phone through a non authorized vendor therefore youve violated your warranty"

Good for you! Glad you got the unlock code. In this method I linked to there is nothing you put in from any third party source. I do not even know the unlock code for my phone. I do not know exactly how it works but it is network unlocked. It is still under warranty becasue all I did was use the phone internal menu system to unlock it. It is just a matter of time before someone develops an app that does the steps for you and may even give you the unlock code like with the OG Galaxy line of phones.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

What advantages are there besides ability to switch carriers?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

That is it. You can put in any SIM card and it will work provided the radio frequencies work which ATT uses the same as the international GSM models. Also a bit more valuable if and when you sell it.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Very simple process.. put Alien sim card in, when window opens asking for unlock code enter number... end of story, shut phone down put AT&T micro sim back in...you now have a subsidy unlocked absolutely friggin gorgeous and awesome Galaxy Note 2! Ready to boogie anywhere.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Very simple process.. put Alien sim card in, when window opens asking for unlock code enter number... end of story, shut phone down put AT&T micro sim back in...you now have a subsidy unlocked absolutely friggin gorgeous and awesome Galaxy Note 2! Ready to boogie anywhere.

although I unlocked my GN2 my SGSIII was still locked. I jumped on my account online and did the international chat and had that unlock code in a few minutes. I used an older t mobile SIM card that was inactive. I cut it down with my SIM cutter, popped it into my SGSIII, entered the unlock code and presto! Unlocked! The chat way was pretty simple too!

Last edited:

andyjwang

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I called AT&T to give me the unlock code. And, the AT&T lady was very kind to give it to me. I got the Samsung Note 2 free. My son won it at the mall via random lottery drawing.
It's an 8-digit code. I gave the lady my IMEI, She checked and made sure that it was not a stolen phone. It works with T-Mobile using the micro sim card.
I am very delighted.

So may be you should try to call the phone provider first. You never know.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Can you use a none working att SIM card to do this unlock process? I don't have tmobile sim and most of my friends and relatives have att :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ExtraExtra

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

Was able to use this for my att Note 2 on the Rogers network, but I can't get tethering activated. I get a "not available on your SIM" message, but I know that feature is available to me. Other than the tethering the phone seems to work fine with the Rogers sim card.

Anyone have any suggestions? APN settings?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX