Why am I getting ads in my notifications?

Shadedsoul

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to android from iOS so forgive my ignorance. I traded in my iPhone 4 for a Note 2 last Saturday. Along with email and messaging notifications in my notifications pull down (I'm not sure what you guys call it) I'm also getting ad notifications. I'm not only getting ads but I'm getting a notification chime that I've got an ad.

Please tell me this isn't working as intended. Please tell me it's a setting I can change or something I can fix.

Thanks.

lbros360

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had this happen on my nexus 7. It usually occurred when I installed a free app. Check to see if it's not any recent apps you installed causing the ads. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Admorris

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely an app...I installed a dog whistle app and immediately began to get ads in my notification bar. Needless to say, app go bye bye :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Chozin

May 1, 2013
Visit site
While new to the forum, I had the same issue. Loaded Ad Network Detector which is soooo great that it told me to long press the ad and see the information. Sure enough it was a font package that was doing the damage. Uninstalled and all is well. Thanks for the information. Love this forum and now back in love with my Galaxy S4 :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21