Will AT&T get the multi Window multitasking feature?

OneDeepForLife

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if AT&T is gonna get the update that allows u to multitask, I hate having to exit out of my movie or YouTube to read and reply to a message. I still don't understand why the note 2 didn't come with that feature out the box Samsung advertises the feature the phone should come with it.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I was at a store today and the rep said the update would be pushed out at the end of this month but that's what he says idk if its true for sure

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, is it any coincidence that the international GSIII has that 4.1.2 update with multi window update starting, the day AFTER the regular JB update hits ATT?
Shows you how quick ATT is...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Is there an issue with the GSM version of the Note 2 preventing this update from happening? I ask because At&t, and Tmobile are both still waiting, while Sprint and Verizon pushed them out immediately without an issue.

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that in a few places. I hope so.I don't know why it takes At&t so long!!! One of top two carriers. Seems like they could get their act together.

I was at a store today and the rep said the update would be pushed out at the end of this month but that's what he says idk if its true for sure

crimsonsky

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
When buying any Android it's always a crap shoot as to when or even if it will ever get updated by the carrier. I've just decided to buy the best device for me and not worry about when it will get updates. Much less stress that way!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if AT&T is gonna get the update that allows u to multitask, I hate having to exit out of my movie or YouTube to read and reply to a message. I still don't understand why the note 2 didn't come with that feature out the box Samsung advertises the feature the phone should come with it.
Same here, I can't wait for the update.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
When buying any Android it's always a crap shoot as to when or even if it will ever get updated by the carrier. I've just decided to buy the best device for me and not worry about when it will get updates. Much less stress that way!!

Here is my proposal. Samsung, HTC, et al come together with Google and approach the carriers with being allowed to push updates direct to the consumer as long as the update doesn't breach anyone's rate plans (ie...something like facetime over 4g). If they don't then pull them, offer their devices much like Google did with the nexus and let the carriers offer the public POS Pantech's.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Jesse Elkin

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Check out ChompSMS. It has a quick reply popup that works in any app without having to exit... as well as quick compose option.

csinclai

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I saw this thread. I thought I was just dull-witted, that I couldn't figure out how to get the floating windows and the multitasking going. I kept pressing on the "back button" (bottom right on front of case), per a tutorial I watched, and all it would do was ... duh ... go back! But that's what the tutorial said to do, and I knew nothing else to try, so I was beginning to think it was user error somehow. NOW I know it isn't ME! Whew! Thanks for asking your question, which answered mine. :)

Last edited:

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Here is my proposal. Samsung, HTC, et al come together with Google and approach the carriers with being allowed to push updates direct to the consumer as long as the update doesn't breach anyone's rate plans (ie...something like facetime over 4g). If they don't then pull them, offer their devices much like Google did with the nexus and let the carriers offer the public POS Pantech's.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a nice idea. I wish it were more like itunes. Where I could just download and update whenever I felt like it. Not gonna happen though. Carriers WANT to install the bloatware it seems. I dont know how apple was able to get away with it. But now the carriers have zero power over the most popular phone type and im sure they hate it.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Not only that, but the manufacturers only have to give out 1 copy to each carrier and they are done. Now the carrier has to provide a means of pushing it out to millions of subscribers and, most of all, provide support for it. That's hugely expensive, why would a manufacturer pick up those costs?

Never forget: It's all about the money.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Not only that, but the manufacturers only have to give out 1 copy to each carrier and they are done. Now the carrier has to provide a means of pushing it out to millions of subscribers and, most of all, provide support for it. That's hugely expensive, why would a manufacturer pick up those costs?

Never forget: It's all about the money.

Actually, not in this case. It is going to be available via Kies, so all they have to do is pretty much send it back to Samsung. When I spoke to Samsung, they basically told me that until att or other providers submit it back to them for push out, they can only stand by and wait.

But Samsung stressed to me and from what I have read on other threads, that they provide the pipeline to push the update once they get it back from the provider.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
hmm.
ATT should have update available before end of the year but why wait?

Root your device , Install TWRP & install bloat free custom rom with multiview.
From there install Perseus Kernel & enjoy incredible battery life / performance.

The path to true Android freedom & happiness:
1st Root - [2012.12.04][SGH-I317/M] CF-Auto-Root - xda-developers
2nd TWRP- [RECOVERY] TWRP2.3.2.3 TeamWin Recovery Project 11/24 - xda-developers
3rd Custom Rom recommendation - [ROM][12/9] CleanROM 3.0.1 -★| Aroma! | JB 4.1.2! | Multi-View! | Fast! | STABLE! |★- - xda-developers
4th Perseus Kernel- [Kernel][Dec 14] Perseus - xda-developers

ENJOY!!!!!

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
hmm.
ATT should have update available before end of the year but why wait?

Root your device , Install TWRP & install bloat free custom rom with multiview.
From there install Perseus Kernel & enjoy incredible battery life / performance.

The path to true Android freedom & happiness:
1st Root - [2012.12.04][SGH-I317/M] CF-Auto-Root - xda-developers
2nd TWRP- [RECOVERY] TWRP2.3.2.3 TeamWin Recovery Project 11/24 - xda-developers
3rd Custom Rom recommendation - [ROM][12/9] CleanROM 3.0.1 -★| Aroma! | JB 4.1.2! | Multi-View! | Fast! | STABLE! |★- - xda-developers
4th Perseus Kernel- [Kernel][Dec 14] Perseus - xda-developers

ENJOY!!!!!

Have u had any issues with it since u did all that? I am debating on wether or not to do this when I get home tonight. I haven't even rooted my note 2. But I do have experience with my old droid x I rooted and flash it plenty of times. I really want the multi window feature. And I miss rooting and flashing :) but I really don't want to lose any s pen functionality. Have u had any major hiccups or bugs that u notice ? Thanks ahead of time for responding

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey