Will AT&T get the multi Window multitasking feature?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Have u had any issues with it since u did all that? I am debating on wether or not to do this when I get home tonight. I haven't even rooted my note 2. But I do have experience with my old droid x I rooted and flash it plenty of times. I really want the multi window feature. And I miss rooting and flashing :) but I really don't want to lose any s pen functionality. Have u had any major hiccups or bugs that u notice ? Thanks ahead of time for responding

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
No issues what so ever been running root since 2nd day release no worries of spen loss.
If things go bad....you want to go back stock....etc... there's att tar available for Odin flash so your stock out of the box once again.

Now to the Benefits
Device was great out of the box but adding root - custom rom & kernel to the mix takes it higher level of performance .
Battery life is a beast running Perseus Kernel - 10hr Device sleep 2% battery lose.
OS performance greatly improved much smoother , lots of great tweaks & customizations is a winner.

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
No issues what so ever been running root since 2nd day release no worries of spen loss.
If things go bad....you want to go back stock....etc... there's att tar available for Odin flash so your stock out of the box once again.

Now to the Benefits
Device was great out of the box but adding root - custom rom & kernel to the mix takes it higher level of performance .
Battery life is a beast running Perseus Kernel - 10hr Device sleep 2% battery lose.
OS performance greatly improved much smoother , lots of great tweaks & customizations is a winner.

Well u talked me into it .I now know what I will be doing tonight lol

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Right on you wont regret.
Perseus released updated kernel yesterday ,some users are reporting Stweaks headaches with it.
If you want older build of kernel - Perseus27.4 which I'm using , hit me up in PM with your email address & I will send copy.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I've been running the CleanROM 3.0.1 and it has been great, very fast and stable, there should be a new version of it coming out pretty soon with even more features, I have been following the thread for it on XDA pretty close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been running the CleanROM 3.0.1 and it has been great, very fast and stable, there should be a new version of it coming out pretty soon with even more features, I have been following the thread for it on XDA pretty close.

Yeah Scott puts out A+ roms f,sure.

A little off topic but I'm finding these forums to have lots of iphone users that made switch to Android for GN2....a great choice I must add.
Those xiphone users need to root up enjoy what OS freedom has to offer your Apple shackles are no more make the device truly yours.
Rooting is easy with many safety nets in place so there's little to no worry of doing damage to device. Development community is very helpful as you will find.
From there you can enjoy the true power device has to offer in Custom roms , custom kernels and tweak galore making the user experience the best it can be.
Once you flash your 1st rom you will be hooked.....no doubt.

Some screen shots of my current setup

Running CleanRom3.0.1 - International N7105XXDLK7 Jellybean 4.1.2 Base with PK27.4 kernel

Home screen -Digital Flux live wallpaper / 4x5 icon layout / International Data icons H - H+ = HSPA+
2a7he2q.png

Home screen Multiview selection menu open
jgtz54.png

Multiview being used- Google maps & Youtube
34ijlgl.png

Last edited:

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
yeah man.
I got flash hooked on Sprint 1st HTC EVO 4G years ago , It was a shocker coming from blackberry seeing what android had to offer but gees battery life was sad back then lol

Just finished my rooting and flashing this new rom on my note 2 I guess I will have to see how my battery life is really affected. I am really liking the multiwindow feature though. Im glad I did it lol I wonder how come att won't take the initiative and go ahead and do that update for everyone because its simple you know. Thanks for the information however

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I have never rooted. Don't have a Note II, yet. But might root my GS3 until I do get the Note. Maybe that should be a different forum, but think it applies here as well.

Once you root and install custom ROMs, what do you do for backups? Can you still backup with KIES?

Thanks for indulging me. Think you guys are finally talking me into the Android Dark Side :eek:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if Kies will still work or not, I never use it.

The 2 best options for backing up when rooted are:
Titanium Backup from PlayStore, it allows you to backup Alps and data associated the them. Such as progress in a game, it settings for the app.

For a complete backup if system settings and ROM, Nandroid backup from within the new recovery you have flashed. Whether it is Clockwork Mod or TWRP, they both do a great jib of making a restore point for whatever ROM you are running.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Not here. I will not do it to obtain features that should by default be on the device. Features that the manufacturer "designed"the device around. For me, enough is enough. I'm not going to do what they are paid to do, but messed up.

Besides the fact that I purchased it and use it as my daily work tool that I rely on. They need to come with what they advertised.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Just finished my rooting and flashing this new rom on my note 2 I guess I will have to see how my battery life is really affected. I am really liking the multiwindow feature though. Im glad I did it lol I wonder how come att won't take the initiative and go ahead and do that update for everyone because its simple you know. Thanks for the information however

You usually wont see true battery life improvement until full charge cycle.
Let it get down to 5% then full charge overnight.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Not here. I will not do it to obtain features that should by default be on the device. Features that the manufacturer "designed"the device around. For me, enough is enough. I'm not going to do what they are paid to do, but messed up.

Besides the fact that I purchased it and use it as my daily work tool that I rely on. They need to come with what they advertised.
Oh I understand were your coming from felt the same way once upon a time then woke up to the fact that most carriers suc.
From there it only made sense to get what I wanted out of device rooting was a great option opening features carrier would never provide.
The current custom rom I'm on is my Daily driver providing much better performance then stock every did or will.
When att finally releases multi-view build a developer will customize making it even better removing bloat , adding tweaks bettering overall rom performance.....Its the android way

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Nope, won't do it. Android way or not, I will not void any type of warranty because they are lax. For me, that's not waking up, that's giving up the power of my hard earned money. There are just some things worth fighting for because it's "just and right". That as a customer and consumer, your promised and pay for a product and it is not what they advertised, you should not have to "break your contract"to deliver the features that that they advertised.

Oh I understand were your coming from felt the same way once upon a time then woke up to the fact that most carriers suc.
From there it only made sense to get what I wanted out of device rooting was a great option opening features carrier would never provide.
The current custom rom I'm on is my Daily driver providing much better performance then stock every did or will.
When att finally releases multi-view build a developer will customize making it even better removing bloat , adding tweaks bettering overall rom performance.....Its the android way

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, once I have root and super user, I need to do a backup correct? And then flash the cleaner rom from the sd card correct?

Or is there another step that I am missing?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, once I have root and super user, I need to do a backup correct? And then flash the cleaner rom from the sd card correct?

Or is there another step that I am missing?
After root you will want to install TWRP
That can be done easily by installing goomanager at playstore , There's a how to video watch carefully .
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.s0up.goomanager&hl=en&token=-vBARi0I

After you get TWRP installed make backup then put Cleanrom zip onto SD and flash using TWRP

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, let me go grab goomanager.

And is the 3.3 from Scotts roms stable? And correct me if I'm wrong, but it's power+home+volume up correct?

Thanks btw... I am going to need the function for some idf/mdf work tomorrow. I just can't wait on them any longer Unfortunately.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, let me go grab goomanager.

And is the 3.3 from Scotts roms stable? And correct me if I'm wrong, but it's power+home+volume up correct?

Thanks btw... I am going to need the function for some idf/mdf work tomorrow. I just can't wait on them any longer Unfortunately.
Cleanrom 3.3 is more stable then stock rom..
Yes Volup , powerkey & home key at same time , hold until TWRP splash screen is displayed.
From there make backup.
After that's complete reutrun back to TWRP home screen &
Wipe data/cache
Format system
Install rom you placed on sd card
Reboot

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member