Will AT&T get the multi Window multitasking feature?

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Im scared to reboot my device I dont want to lose my contacts, pictures, and music......I did download the goo manager app and watch the video but I'm jus nervous to reboot it

I performed the root using the instructions from slingbox However after I performed the install of the zip file. I did not perform a factory wipe and just hit restart phone and my phone came back up. And the same way I had it before just with the multiview features. I didn't lose contacts or installed apps. Or anything on my phone. I dont think you have to factory wipe after the install of the new ROM however if you want the best performance with a new rom. It is recommended to factory wipe. But having said that I have not experienced any issues with my beast of a note 2. Running awesome with multi window. Just thought I would share some of my knowledge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
First post around these parts, but after only having 3 smart phones, I'm still looking for one that fully meets my needs.

And so far, the Motorola Droid seems to be it. I know of the other Android devices, but not too much in how their features work. I hope out of the box, I have an option of using a full on screen touch keyboard (even though it already has a slide out full qwerty one). As well as browsing the web, when the keyboard is open, I can still navigate the screen with my finger and not be limited to the directional pad. As well as be able to just drag and drop play lists from my itunes, over to the phone via a USB cable or over bluetooth (as well as pictures and other documents for that matter).

I went from a Blackberry 8330, to currently a 9530 and an iPhone. I'm a huge fan of how customizable the Android OS already is and I sure hope this will be THE phone to get.

What features are you guys most looking forward to?

Is there a spec for the s4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

No Chance

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to Droid, bought my Note 2 the day it came out and loving it. I've rooted it but have not used a ROM as of yet. I'm seeing alot of posts about CleanROM on here. On page 1 of the forum hjsizemore asked if installing the ROM will overwrite or get rid of TouchWiz. I went through the thread and haven't seen anyone answer this question. Can you please tell me if TouchWiz is still on the phone after installing the CleanRom? I apologize if someone has already answered this question. If they did, I missed it. :(

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not slingbox but I can answer your question. Yes, if you install cleanrom, you will still have the same touchwhiz interface. If I can remember correctly, there may be another option but can't remember for sure what it was. I like touchwhiz fine but I do use go launcher over it. It does get rid of At&t bloatware. I actually got impatient waiting on update and rooted. Then did Twrp. Then at&t put out update. So I said, great. Was just going to do update but wouldn't work. So did cleanrom instead. Don't care how I get the good stuff just as long as I do. Slingbox can probably tell you more. Here's a youtube video that really helped me. I'm not really very technologically knowledgeable so this really helped me. This may be too easy for you but will post anyway. There is a part 2 but you should be able to find that with that video.
Samsung Galaxy Note II How to load a custom ROM CleanROM Part 1 - ItsBTsWorld - YouTube
I'm new to Droid, bought my Note 2 the day it came out and loving it. I've rooted it but have not used a ROM as of yet. I'm seeing alot of posts about CleanROM on here. On page 1 of the forum hjsizemore asked if installing the ROM will overwrite or get rid of TouchWiz. I went through the thread and haven't seen anyone answer this question. Can you please tell me if TouchWiz is still on the phone after installing the CleanRom? I apologize if someone has already answered this question. If they did, I missed it. :(

Thank you in advance for your help. :)
Edited to add a bit more info.

No Chance

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your quick reply lynnpudas!!
I updated the ROM lastnight. Everything is SO much nicer! And SOOOO glad all that bloatware is gone. I got tired of waiting for the update as well. Mine said it started updating but didn't finish and never has. Very glad to have people out there that can get us what we want when we want it. This forum is great. Now if I can just get the bootanimation to work I'll be set. LOL Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated!!! :D

I'm not slingbox but I can answer your question. Yes, if you install cleanrom, you will still have the same touchwhiz interface. If I can remember correctly, there may be another option but can't remember for sure what it was. I like touchwhiz fine but I do use go launcher over it. It does get rid of At&t bloatware. I actually got impatient waiting on update and rooted. Then did Twrp. Then at&t put out update. So I said, great. Was just going to do update but wouldn't work. So did cleanrom instead. Don't care how I get the good stuff just as long as I do. Slingbox can probably tell you more. Here's a youtube video that really helped me. I'm not really very technologically knowledgeable so this really helped me. This may be too easy for you but will post anyway. There is a part 2 but you should be able to find that with that video.

Edited to add a bit more info.

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Which Perseus file should I dl? Or, do I need all of them? Thanks!
hmm.
ATT should have update available before end of the year but why wait?

Root your device , Install TWRP & install bloat free custom rom with multiview.
From there install Perseus Kernel & enjoy incredible battery life / performance.

The path to true Android freedom & happiness:
1st Root - [2012.12.04][SGH-I317/M] CF-Auto-Root - xda-developers
2nd TWRP- [RECOVERY] TWRP2.3.2.3 TeamWin Recovery Project 11/24 - xda-developers
3rd Custom Rom recommendation - [ROM][12/9] CleanROM 3.0.1 -★| Aroma! | JB 4.1.2! | Multi-View! | Fast! | STABLE! |★- - xda-developers
4th Perseus Kernel- [Kernel][Dec 14] Perseus - xda-developers

ENJOY!!!!!

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Please explain perseus kernal. I've installed cleanROM 3.5. Not sure what perseus kernal is and why I would want to install it?

hmm.
ATT should have update available before end of the year but why wait?

Root your device , Install TWRP & install bloat free custom rom with multiview.
From there install Perseus Kernel & enjoy incredible battery life / performance.

The path to true Android freedom & happiness:
1st Root - [2012.12.04][SGH-I317/M] CF-Auto-Root - xda-developers
2nd TWRP- [RECOVERY] TWRP2.3.2.3 TeamWin Recovery Project 11/24 - xda-developers
3rd Custom Rom recommendation - [ROM][12/9] CleanROM 3.0.1 -★| Aroma! | JB 4.1.2! | Multi-View! | Fast! | STABLE! |★- - xda-developers
4th Perseus Kernel- [Kernel][Dec 14] Perseus - xda-developers

ENJOY!!!!!

No Chance

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Plano,
I am using the CleanROM ATT SE (special edition). Seems to be working great! And the bloatware is gone, TouchWiz is still there and the Multitasking is amazing!!! No issues with it so far, but I've only had it a few days.

Anyone flash the cleanROM ATT SE which is a ATT special edition? What are your thoughts on it?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi Plano,
I am using the CleanROM ATT SE (special edition). Seems to be working great! And the bloatware is gone, TouchWiz is still there and the Multitasking is amazing!!! No issues with it so far, but I've only had it a few days.

Thanks for letting me know. I got the multi view the day it released but was going to root to remove all the ATT bloat. I saw this ROM. Thanks for letting me know. I may flash it. My only reservation is it is version 1.0 lol!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08