Out of stock, out of stock, out of stock. Try gray.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My Note 2 is supposed to be a Christmas present, but after seeing Amazon go out of stock/unavailable twice in the last week I started getting worried. Tonight the AT&T web site has the gray but not the white. I checked my 3 closest stores and all are out of stock on the white but all have the gray.

Checking online I see a few stores in NH that show stock, so I'm driving down there tomorrow (plus there's no sales tax in NH!!)

Just for grins I did a little googling, and it seems the Note 2 is now outselling the GS III at a 3:2 ratio. So don't expect any big Christmas sales.

So if you're like me and expecting this as a Christmas gift, get moving!! Unless you want grey. Everyone has them except Amazon, who now shows a 1-2 week backorder on both colors.

Capthowdyy

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'll be buying the Note 2 as a replacement for my S3. But I'll get the gray. Can't understand why anyone would want a white phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing is when I wen to the store all they had is white and I wanted a grey. but I got the white never had a white phone.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing is when I wen to the store all they had is white and I wanted a grey. but I got the white never had a white phone.

Funny, all I have ever had were gray(or silver) or black phones and that's what I originally wanted. But the white kind of grew on me. It'll be a nice change, and will stand out when the whole family has their phones laying on the same table. I read there may be red next year, but I can't wait that long.

I'll be buying the Note 2 as a replacement for my S3. But I'll get the gray. Can't understand why anyone would want a white phone.

Two words. Chick. Magnet.

(j/k :D)
Try calling AT&T

I did. They say "We can order it" but don't know when they'll get it. At least Amazon says 1-2 weeks.

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
you can always get the white and you have 14 days to return it. If you dont mind paying $35 restocking fee if they get a grey one in and you want it

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I had my heart set on white and was lucky to get one of the lasr ones in my area. Don't settle for less! The white is the best :p looks sexy in my cheap ebay clip on black case.

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I went to 6 AT&T stores in the Houston area and all of them had a white one to sell, but I wanted grey. Finally found one at the 7th store and ironically it was the one closest to my house.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I got it!!

Drove down to NH and got the last one in the Portsmouth store. :) They even waived the upgrade fee, and no tax!!

(now excuse me i'm going to hide where nobody will bother me and play with my new toy for the rest of the week while i wait for my accessories to arrive)

Megan Arlitz

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I got it!!

Drove down to NH and got the last one in the Portsmouth store. :) They even waived the upgrade fee, and no tax!!

(now excuse me i'm going to hide where nobody will bother me and play with my new toy for the rest of the week while i wait for my accessories to arrive)

Seriously, I may just go ahead and get this before my freaking otter box gets here. I am so freaking jealous you have no idea... the whole

Just about sum's me up as well.

I also want the grey, I hope that the store that I have been keeping an eye on the price it's 249.88 at the store where I want to get it, has the Grey in stock, I am a chick and I don't like the White.. I never really liked a white phone, never saw the hype in white.

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Cuz I like the white. My mom always said different strokes for different folks. I think gray is a sucky color myself. White is clean and refreshing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

illuxion

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Last Thursday morning I looked on ATT's site and low and behold there was a green light at a local retailer. I called to make sure it was in stock and requested that they hold it, but they claimed they couldn't although it shouldn't be a problem. I raced over there in 15 minutes and requested my new pride and joy to be told that no more than 2 minutes before I walked into the door it had been transferred to another store. The banter went back and fourth and I was truly furious. I could see the box sitting on the counter, but it was more important to ship it to another store than give it to me. Anyhow, I got back to work and called ATT venting my frustration to the poor sales girl. She asked me if I still wanted the phone, to which I proclaimed, "HELL YES." She giggled and said, "if it's ok I'll ship one to you today and you should get it tomorrow morning, I'll also waive activation for your time and trouble at the store." I thanked her very much for her help, but had a bit of reluctance to get too excited. I stroll into work about 9:30 Friday and notice a message light on my desk phone. Fingers trembling I listened to my messages, "Hi, this is receiving. You have a box from ATT, I tried to deliver it to you but you weren't in, you can pick it up any time." I skipped down the street to the other building and cheered when the dock guy handed me my little brown box. I opened it, skipped the charging, and activated it. I got absolutely zero work done on Friday lol.

TLDR: Call ATT, vent your frustration, you may get a new phone the next day.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, I may just go ahead and get this before my freaking otter box gets here. I am so freaking jealous you have no idea... the whole

Just about sum's me up as well.

I also want the grey, I hope that the store that I have been keeping an eye on the price it's 249.88 at the store where I want to get it, has the Grey in stock, I am a chick and I don't like the White.. I never really liked a white phone, never saw the hype in white.

I like the gray, but I just wanted to have something different for me as I've never had anything but a gray/silver/black phone before. I would really prefer the dark red rumored to be coming in spring but can't wait.
FWIW: The 3 stores nearest to me (plus ATT online) all had gray but not white, I got the last white one at the store I was at. I saw some figures showing gray as more popular sales wise, so I guess they stock more of those. You should have better luck than I did.

Tracking info shows me receiving packages from both UPS and USPS tomorrow. So order your phone and you can use my comfy little closet as I'll be done with it then :D

Megan Arlitz

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I like the gray, but I just wanted to have something different for me as I've never had anything but a gray/silver/black phone before. I would really prefer the dark red rumored to be coming in spring but can't wait.
FWIW: The 3 stores nearest to me (plus ATT online) all had gray but not white, I got the last white one at the store I was at. I saw some figures showing gray as more popular sales wise, so I guess they stock more of those. You should have better luck than I did.

Tracking info shows me receiving packages from both UPS and USPS tomorrow. So order your phone and you can use my comfy little closet as I'll be done with it then :D

So order your phone and you can use my comfy little closet as I'll be done with it then :D

haha yeah. i am going to call thursday night and see how many they have in stock and I will continue this during the day on Friday till I get there.. Gah.. It's so killing me....

Capthowdyy

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Funny, all I have ever had were gray(or silver) or black phones and that's what I originally wanted. But the white kind of grew on me. It'll be a nice change, and will stand out when the whole family has their phones laying on the same table. I read there may be red next year, but I can't wait that long.

Two words. Chick. Magnet.

(j/k :D)

I did. They say "We can order it" but don't know when they'll get it. At least Amazon says 1-2 weeks.

There will be a red one? Where did you see that rumor at? I'd like to follow up on that because I'll get a red Note2 instead of the gray.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

crimsonsky

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow, surprised to read that it's still so hard to get one of these. I bought mine on 11/11/2012 at the only one of the three AT&T stores close to me that had them in stock and I bought the last one (white - not the colour I really wanted, but I wanted the phone too badly to pass on it just because of the colour). I'm really surprised at how popular this phone is.

If you don't like the colour, just buy an official flip cover to add some variety! That's what I did - I bought the grey flip cover and it goes quite well with the white phone.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1