Where Are These S Voice Default Settings Stored?

Michael4000

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
If I ask S Voice to navigate, it brought up a menu for choosing between AT&T Navigator or the Google Navigator. The buttons were "Always" and "Just Once". If someone selects "Always", and changes their mind, where is this stored so it could be changed? I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

Also if S Voice needs to bring up a webpage, it asks for "Internet" or "Popup Window", again with "Always" or "Just Once" buttons. I couldn't find where it stored thsi setting either.

Michael

sethwardo

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
this is android not s?voice asking just once or always and believe you need to clear the default of the app you chose. So if you chose att navigator to open then clear the defaults for that app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, first of all, I would use google voice (look for widget google search or just search). Much more reliable. It will again ask which to use and unless you are absolutely positive, I would use just once. Also, if you are using google navigation (which is quite good actually) try going into that system, getting voice directions. That will probably reset what s voice automatically goes to. Not really sure though. Worth a try if you are just set on s-voice..

If I ask S Voice to navigate, it brought up a menu for choosing between AT&T Navigator or the Google Navigator. The buttons were "Always" and "Just Once". If someone selects "Always", and changes their mind, where is this stored so it could be changed? I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

Also if S Voice needs to bring up a webpage, it asks for "Internet" or "Popup Window", again with "Always" or "Just Once" buttons. I couldn't find where it stored thsi setting either.

Michael

Michael4000

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I am still not following where Android is storing the defaults. I don't see how it could be stored in the apps, because it is asking you to select between two apps. I have scanned the Settings every place I can think of. Perhaps someone can point me to the location step by step.

Michael

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Press the menu button, select "Manage Apps". Find the app you selected to be the default app for an action. Click on the app to bring up its details. Find the section about defaults, and there is a button to clear the defaults. Push it. Next time you do the action that used that default, Android will ask you again which app to use.

Hope this is easy to follow, I'm writing it from memory as I don't have my phone with me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante