Some friendly advice (:

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Good day all! I have some advice for all AT&T members (especially premier). I have had a ton of success with this so don't disregard. This is a How To guide for getting a Note 2 for $299 at (almost) any point in your contract. Have patience it may take a couple days and a lot of phone calls but I promise it will work.

Step 1: Call AT&T by dialing 611 and say something is wrong with your phone or that you don't like it but be honest. If you really just want the Note 2 (or any other phone, this works for almost all phones) then tell them. Most reps will tell you to buy outright or wait. Hang up if this happens.
Step 2: Be polite and call back later (usually wait a day or at least 5 hours. If you get the same results then call back again another time.
Step 3: The rep will tell you that they can override for a certain amount and voila! You can get your phone for the contract price.
I have done this a few time and it may be petty and make me seem cheap but I feel that AT&T takes advantage of me on occasion so this is my fire back! Plus I always pay on time and have a $80 bill every month so maybe that helps but hopefully everyone will see this as a good thing! Also hope it helps someone get their dream phone early!

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I just go to local AT&T store and ask manager for a early upgrade, she always gives me one, but it probably because I have 9 lines and always pay on time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Haha wow yeah probably and you're probably due for one soon almost no matter what! I got the iPhone 5 on launch day and now I'm eligible for the Note. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Good day all! I have some advice for all AT&T members (especially premier). I have had a ton of success with this so don't disregard. This is a How To guide for getting a Note 2 for $299 at (almost) any point in your contract. Have patience it may take a couple days and a lot of phone calls but I promise it will work.

Step 1: Call AT&T by dialing 611 and say something is wrong with your phone or that you don't like it but be honest. If you really just want the Note 2 (or any other phone, this works for almost all phones) then tell them. Most reps will tell you to buy outright or wait. Hang up if this happens.
Step 2: Be polite and call back later (usually wait a day or at least 5 hours. If you get the same results then call back again another time.
Step 3: The rep will tell you that they can override for a certain amount and voila! You can get your phone for the contract price.
I have done this a few time and it may be petty and make me seem cheap but I feel that AT&T takes advantage of me on occasion so this is my fire back! Plus I always pay on time and have a $80 bill every month so maybe that helps but hopefully everyone will see this as a good thing! Also hope it helps someone get their dream phone early!

Very good advice!
My niece works with AT&T (store manager) and most reps can help you out like that if you have been with AT&T for a long with a good standing credit with them like stated above.
I got my GN2 with an early 2 year contract discount and a trade-in iPhone 4s for $120 out the door. Sure it helps to know someone but it also dosen't hurt to have a good standing with a company you do business with.

"Most people just like to complain and moan about their service"
Stated by most retail employees

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've had really good luck with this and have even done it for a few friends haha but yeah At&T has been good to me the last few years!

Admorris

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

So to sum up what you wrote...keep calling att until someone lets you upgrade early?...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

hjsizemore

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Saw this on Amazon wireless yesterday afternoon. Printed it out and went to the local Best Buy. They said they would match. However, when they went online to verify, the price had changed in the hour since I printed it out. D'oh! :-( Back to $289.99 now.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Saw this on Amazon wireless yesterday afternoon. Printed it out and went to the local Best Buy. They said they would match. However, when they went online to verify, the price had changed in the hour since I printed it out. D'oh! :-( Back to $289.99 now.

I think you posted in the wrong spot :/

pilsbury

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I got my Note (Tuesday) with a six week early upgrade. They wouldn't do it at the local store but with a small amount of persuasion I was able to talk ATT CS into granting it.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
My bill is not as bad as you would think, 10gb share plan with 9 lines, 2 of them are ipads the rest smartphones, the family members involved all pay their part. The more lines you have the cheaper it is per person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Still, 9 lines. Got to be a bit. My one line and 2 gigs is more than I want to spend but gotta have my smart phone. :)

My bill is not as bad as you would think, 10gb share plan with 9 lines, 2 of them are ipads the rest smartphones, the family members involved all pay their part. The more lines you have the cheaper it is per person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums