Battery drain seems high due to screen?

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
4a2a4u8u.jpg

I'm a new Note 2 owner who has no intention of returning to the iPhone. I have Apple everything else. The screen is taking up a lot of my battery drain which is weird because I have the brightness turned down or set to auto when not in use. I'm using Nova Launcher if that helps. I'm not sure what is causing the drain, and I am still getting a full day out of the battery, but feel I'll get more if I can figure out the screen issue. Any thoughts as to the culprit? Sorry for the Android um...ignorance I guess you can call it. This is a completely new platform for me given I've been such an Apple geek this whole time.

While I have you here: any good voice dailing apps for Blueooth in the car? S Voice isn't good, Google Now tends to not be hands free, and Vlingo is terrible. Siri was great for this but it was not enough to keep me in the iPhone camp. Loving the Note 2!

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You only have 5% missing after an hour so I wouldn't worry too much that's like having 20 hour battery life but if you feel it is excessive do a reset. It's so high because its only been an hour since unplugged. Wait until the end of the day then check it should even out to about 35% or less depending on what you do on it.

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I had my N2 at 100% charge last night at 11. I unplugged it at that time and when I grabbed it this morning at 7 it was already at 65%!! Is that normal? Obviously I didn't use it so what's draining it??

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
adetebys.jpg

This was my use after 13 hours last night. This morning I rooted and flashed Clean ROM 3.3 (my first time doing so...only had this phone 3 days). Hopefully that will help the battery. Multi view is awesome at least!

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had my N2 at 100% charge last night at 11. I unplugged it at that time and when I grabbed it this morning at 7 it was already at 65%!! Is that normal? Obviously I didn't use it so what's draining it??

Hell no! If you are on ATT, uninstall the ATT LOCKER update.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I use my phone phone alot and only have to charge it every other day.

Same here

- - - Updated - - -

You only have 5% missing after an hour so I wouldn't worry too much that's like having 20 hour battery life but if you feel it is excessive do a reset. It's so high because its only been an hour since unplugged. Wait until the end of the day then check it should even out to about 35% or less depending on what you do on it.
+1

Super Ultra Mega

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue on my AT&T Galaxy SII Skyrocket.

After a relatively short period of time removed from the charger, the battery drain shows that the screen has consumed a lot of the battery, even though the screen was hardly even on during that timeframe.

The attached screenshots show it seems to run down about 8-9% per hour and identifies the screen as consuming about 40% in spite of the screen only having been on for a couple of minutes. That gives me about 12 hours of battery life in standby...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-21-10-58-10.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-21-10-58-10.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_2012-12-21-10-58-25.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-21-10-58-25.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 42

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Wrong forum, but that sounds about right for the skyrocket. Battery life for me was about 12hrs light to moderate use. I have 4 batteries for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
At&t Locker is the source of many a battery drain issue. Since I rooted and flashed Clean ROM 3.3 ( hah Samsung keyboard knew thats what I was typing) I have very little battery complaints anymore. Here is my usage without putting the phone on the charger last night.

amuda2ad.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1