Sadly Considering Returning The Note 2...

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a galaxy s3, I can honestly say I'm not wowed by the note 2. I thought the phone would blow me away but I'm kinda turned off by the weight and size (I'm 6'2 with big hands and it feels huge to me) enough to consider going back to my s3.

Anyone else having buyers remorse with their note 2? I'm not trying to hate on it because I'll bet anything I'm the minority when it comes to my opinion of the phone but I guess to each their own, right? We'll see what happens when I get back home Thursday. Maybe some of the intelligent minds of AC can help me to love this already well loved phone more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Admorris

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a galaxy s3, I can honestly say I'm not wowed by the note 2. I thought the phone would blow me away but I'm kinda turned off by the weight and size (I'm 6'2 with big hands and it feels huge to me) enough to consider going back to my s3.

Anyone else having buyers remorse with their note 2? I'm not trying to hate on it because I'll bet anything I'm the minority when it comes to my opinion of the phone but I guess to each their own, right? We'll see what happens when I get back home Thursday. Maybe some of the intelligent minds of AC can help me to love this already well loved phone more.

I think you're definitely in the minority in returning your phone...Haha. If you have the time, give it a couple days and you very well may get used to the size. I'm a pretty big guy and the size really never bothered me from day one, but I have heard a lot of people say that it took them a couple days to really get used to it. The S3 is a nice device though...nothing wrong with going back to that if it fits you better.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I owned the note 1 and now the note 2, and yes, there is a few day usage time before the note grows on you.

The note 1 felt heavier to me, but I liked that as it made the device feel more sturdy, not indestructible, but sturdy.

The note 2 is also a little thinner than the original note, so it feels better in my hand. I also believe it is slightly thinner.

I too owned a GS3 and traded it in for the note 2. To me the size is moot as the functionality of the s pen is what has sold me on the note, twice now.

I would say that if you feel the note is not right for you, go back to the S3. A two year commitment is too long to dislike a device, so why be unhappy for so long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have owned numerous 4.3" screen size devices. The S3, the first Note and all the iPhones. I'm 5'10" with average size hands. I really worried about the gn2 being too big, but after using it for a week, I feel thematic the other phones were just too small. The gn2 really feels right in my hand.
I had to help my niece with something on her iPhone 5 today and it felt tiny, and uncomfortable. I almost kept the s3 instead of getting the gn2, now I'm glad I didn't.

For the first time in a long time I'm very satisified with my device and haven't even thought of looking at another phone. As someone else stated, if you have time, wait a few more days and see if you grow to like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The S3 is no little device either, keep that in mind. It has a friggin 4.8" screen for God's sake!:p For me, it fits perfectly in my hand, even when I put my heavy duty CaseMate Tuff case on it, which protects it very well.

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Like you I also came from the S3 to the N2. I had trouble at first getting used to the bigger size, but I'm 5'4'' with smaller hands as well. I found a way to make it work, though. Even with a CM Pop case on, it can fit in the back pocket of my jeans if I need somewhere to put it and I don't happen to have my purse or a jacket on me.

I like the phone overall and I wouldn't go back to my S3 even if I could (I've already sold it).

I can type better on it than I could on any other touch screen phone before this one (nothing beats one with a physical QWERTY keyboard, IMO however), just by using the S Pen and the Swype method.

The processing power versus the S3 is just... wow--switching between tasks is virtually flawless when comparing phones (and my N2 isn't even rooted yet).

The screen is gorgeous, but unlike some users, I'll be willing to sacrifice the crystal quality with a screen protector soon. That's no big deal to me as long as the screen isn't scratched to preserve resale value several months or even a year down the road. But for now, I love the quality of the movies on my N2. But the screen on my S3 was nice as well.

Using web-based apps and the browser also doesn't present with any problems for me. It's fast, I don't have to wait half a minute for pages or apps to load up on my home wifi or AT&T's network and I live in a rural area.

The battery life, without having rooted it, is acceptable to me. I can unplug my phone at 7 AM and use it off and on throughout the day with texting, surfing, phone calls, playing music, and start feeling uncomfortable with the battery level about 12 or so hours later.

The build quality is also impressive. I bent over to pick something up off my wood floor when I first got the phone and it slipped out of my sweater pocket, landing face down on the floor. No scratches whatsoever on the screen or bezel.

I am still learning a few things about the phone, running into some problems now and then that have to be fixed (a while back I came across a problem with the stock calendar syncing to my FB friends' birthdays on its own and my calendar looked like a nightmare, luckily someone on here helped me fix it). So it's still a learning experience even weeks later. This still would not make me go back to the S3, however.

But, I mean, if you're not comfortable with the N2 then don't keep it. There is no sense in keeping a device if you're not going to be happy with it. If I went out and got an iPhone tonight, I'm telling you right now I would miserable with it. Would I keep a phone I would be dissatisfied with? Of course not. I wouldn't expect someone else to, even after telling them the pros of the device. Do what you have to do, no one is going to change your mind once its made up.

crimsonsky

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
And like others in this thread, I traded in my S3 after 2 months to get the GN2 and haven't looked back! I love the outrageous screen size and the S-Pen brings a level of functionality to the device that I've been longing for since my pure PDA days. I use the S-Pen all the time and write out everything since the handwriting recognition is first rate. AT&T hasn't deigned to give us the multi-screen functionality yet, but it's not something I think I would use a lot anyway and we'll get it eventually. (For the record, I did briefly root my device and run CleanROM 3.3 which has the feature, but ultimately decided to unroot and return to stock). For myself, I fell no regret for having made the trade, but each person is different and has to work with what's most comfortable for him or her.

Shirodx

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from an iPhone 4s and I just LOVE the Note 2!
The size is a bit big but that's what I love about it. The big screen.

Many though that I've shown it too say it's way too big. I'm always trying to defend it's size. I show them how I hold it, how it fits in my jeans front pocket, etc.but there not convinced.
The wife can't stand it. She thinks it's way too big.

Gave her the 4s and I have never looked back....

pilsbury

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I came from an S3, and when my upgrade came due a week ago it was a no brainer for me to get the Note 2. Faster with a bigger screen equals win IMO.

mizz lia

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I came from the infuse a big difference. From a 4.5bscreen to a 5.5 screen. Ot didnt take mw long to get use to this screen size though only had the phone since sat. I love it. Its so delay I havent even had a rwal urge to root and put a custom rom on it. Battery is unbelieveable. Havent charged it in some almost 20 hrs right now its at 19%. Im 5'4 normal size hands but have long fingers well to me they are long lol. Now when making and receiving calls I wouldnt put this phonw up to my ear. I have already done so and it takes up the qhole sode of my face . But I wouldnt trade this phone for anything else thats out. Its funny when the original note came out I was like who would want that big thing. I was going to get the s3 but I changed my mind and im not really sure what drew me to thw note 2 but I love it. I guess its just a personal preference.

Sent from my lovely note 2

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from a htc one x+ and so far have no com complaints about the note 2.

Sent from my behemoth of a phone,the Galaxy Note II
/
D:
\

redman#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Came from an s3 to the note 2 and I would absolutely never go back to a small (?) 4.8" screen. I love my note 2 so much more than the s3. I am 6' 4" 250#, but still I say give it a week and I bet you'll love it. The screen on my N2 doesn't even seem that big now that I've had it for a month.

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
came from a Evo 4g, and I adapted immediately to the Note 2, and my hands are Small (I'm 5'3) ,lol, and I can honestly say, that I will never return to small phones any more. If you're not use to the phone within 3 days, you want ever be use to it, so return and go back to the S3, its still an awesome phone

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got a note 2 and love it a lot, but also have a gs3 which I love a lot. I paid retail for the N2 and I might return it or sell it. My girlfriend got me it for Christmas over a month ago and it might be to late to return it.

I think it's a great size, but taking it everywhere is a pain. I love the phones performance and the battery is phenomenal, but love the size of the gs3 more.

I'd rather put the money toward something else. I'm just hoping I don't regret selling it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I came from an inspire which for the time that came out was considered a pretty large phone. My note is huge next to the inspire. It has taken some getting used to but I love my big phone. An yeah, a lot of people go wow that's a big phone. I think if you give it a week, you'll get used to the size. It does take some adjusting to.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, guys. I definitely think I'll be keeping the phone. After today's update and getting more used to the size I don't mind the size as much. And even though I don't use the S Pen all that much I would rather have it then have a phone that doesn't have it.

Thanks again for the input. :)

redman#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Glad you changed your mind. I remember about 3 months ago I had a iPhone 4s and switched to a galaxy s3 and I almost considered returning it cause I thought it was to big. Well now I have the biggest screen available on phone and I couldn't imagine having anything else. Now my daughter's iPhone looks ridiculous to me. Funny how you get used to things.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Glad you changed your mind. I remember about 3 months ago I had a iPhone 4s and switched to a galaxy s3 and I almost considered returning it cause I thought it was to big. Well now I have the biggest screen available on phone and I couldn't imagine having anything else. Now my daughter's iPhone looks ridiculous to me. Funny how you get used to things.

Amen brother. I actually just picked up my S3 to get it ready to sell on CL. When I picked it up it felt so weird in my hand, kind of like when someone hands me an iphone and it just feels too small.

I'm just appreciative that there were people on here to help me make a good decision about the phone and to wait it out. :) Thanks again to everyone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma