Note 2 loses data connection

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
So recently, my phone has started to lose data connection. This happened once before, and I read about disabling AT&T Smart Wi-Fi, which seemed to fix the issue until this week. I have to restart the phone and data works fine, but if I quit using it for a while I have to do the process all over again. Wi-Fi toggle is off, OS is stock, anyone have any ideas?

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
So after talking with AT&T throughout last week, they are suppose to "follow up" with me again today, and said since I'm still having the issue, send me a different phone. AT&T tried reentering my IMEI number, I've tried using my wife's SIM card from her S3, nothing seems to fix this. When the data stops, I can connect to Wi Fi and everything starts to work. Does this sound like an antennae issue on my device? Anyone have a clue what's going on with it?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So after talking with AT&T throughout last week, they are suppose to "follow up" with me again today, and said since I'm still having the issue, send me a different phone. AT&T tried reentering my IMEI number, I've tried using my wife's SIM card from her S3, nothing seems to fix this. When the data stops, I can connect to Wi Fi and everything starts to work. Does this sound like an antennae issue on my device? Anyone have a clue what's going on with it?

When you get a chance go to settings> more> Mobile networks> access point names> hit the selected access point

Post up what the settings are please.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Here u go

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-30-16-11-57.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-30-16-11-57.png
    104 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_2012-12-30-16-11-46.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-30-16-11-46.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 65

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
About 18 hours after the new SIM card and it's still working. Before, I would have restarted atleast 3 times.. Guess it was the SIM.

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I am having the same issue with my Note 2. In wi-fi, it works fine but even with 3 bars of 4G, the internet only works for about 15 minutes before giving out. If I let it sit for a few minutes, it will come back and work for another 15 minutes before repeating the process all over. Is this an antenna issue or can it be resolved in the settings?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I finally gave up and I'm just dealing with mine, after 2 days of a new SIM, my phone started acting the same, and has ever since. The quickest temp fix for it is to go into settings, then go to more settings, then to mobile networks, and toggle the mobile data checkmark. Turn it off for a few seconds, then back on. It will work fine for a while, then you will have to do this again. I go through this process about 5 times a day currently. AT&T has quit returning my phone calls about the 300.00 device that has had issues pretty much out of the box.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had similar issues since the update to the premium suite. The wifi would have similar issues though.

When I am at home, my note 2 would appear to drop the connection and my data would stop working. The simplest websites would not load, and I have a rather fast Internet connection, and my router works properly with other devices.

At work, on 4g service, same thing as mentioned previously. Three bars of service and no data. Like I wasn't even connected to the network. Then I turn on airplane mode and then off to restore data. It works for awhile, then later it does the same thing.

At&t just released a update yesterday that has apparently fixed my wifi issue. As for the issue of mobile data, I haven't been able to test that yet. Maybe the update had some newer chipset drivers or patches included that could have tweaked a few settings.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Are people having this issue only on Wi-Fi? This thread has become confusing. If it is Wi-Fi only, there are some settings to check, even one on a hidden menu.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Are people having this issue only on Wi-Fi? This thread has become confusing. If it is Wi-Fi only, there are some settings to check, even one on a hidden menu.

My original post was for Data, WiFi works like a charm on my phone... it's cellular data that drops on mine..

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I finally gave up and I'm just dealing with mine, after 2 days of a new SIM, my phone started acting the same, and has ever since. The quickest temp fix for it is to go into settings, then go to more settings, then to mobile networks, and toggle the mobile data checkmark. Turn it off for a few seconds, then back on. It will work fine for a while, then you will have to do this again. I go through this process about 5 times a day currently. AT&T has quit returning my phone calls about the 300.00 device that has had issues pretty much out of the box.

If AT&T stops returning calls, you call back, get Supervisors, if you are having an ongoing issue that isn't being solved, tell Customer Care you want to speak to someone that has the authority to open an ICU Case for you.

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have had similar issues since the update to the premium suite. The wifi would have similar issues though.

When I am at home, my note 2 would appear to drop the connection and my data would stop working. The simplest websites would not load, and I have a rather fast Internet connection, and my router works properly with other devices.

At work, on 4g service, same thing as mentioned previously. Three bars of service and no data. Like I wasn't even connected to the network. Then I turn on airplane mode and then off to restore data. It works for awhile, then later it does the same thing.

At&t just released a update yesterday that has apparently fixed my wifi issue. As for the issue of mobile data, I haven't been able to test that yet. Maybe the update had some newer chipset drivers or patches included that could have tweaked a few settings.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

What update would that be? As far as the update that came down recently <72 hours ago, I heard it was only for a security issue..

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
What update would that be? As far as the update that came down recently <72 hours ago, I heard it was only for a security issue..

Yes, the security update. I installed it and my wifi issues have disappeared since then. Whether they come back again has yet to be seen.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It is not unusual for Samsung to also include a fix they are aware of for something totally unrelated to the fix they are rolling out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv