04-07-2013 09:09 AM
596 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Forget Kies, since I already tried yesterday to get the updated firmware. If you had pushed the date out (over one month), I highly suggest you manually update it. Peaches did you try what I had explained to you?
    12-29-2012 06:34 PM
    jpark when you are a new person to cells, sometimes reading something and following it is impossible at best. I would love to update manually but the file is no longer on xda site as it was removed from its dropbox location.
    12-29-2012 06:44 PM
    Apple can update 20M phones in an hour ... this is either poor business practice or poor technology. If on Wifi has nothing to do with the tower...
    12-29-2012 06:58 PM
    Apple can update 20M phones in an hour ... this is either poor business practice or poor technology. If on Wifi has nothing to do with the tower...
    Everyone isn't on WiFi and Droids have what iphones didn't, LTE, much better than any WiFi.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
    Megan Arlitz likes this.
    12-29-2012 07:03 PM
    Not to mention AT&T towers cover all customers.

12-29-2012 07:04 PM
    None in my area.. I was told I gotta wait til the 3700 hours is up in order to check for an update..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Might want to give Sammy live chat a try while you are waiting that 3700 hours (sorry!) wouldn't hurt.

12-29-2012 07:06 PM
    What and where is sammy live chat? Kelly did you do the manual update?
    12-29-2012 07:36 PM
    I have the file saved.. can I share it somehow? And it's saved as a .zip file
    Soap4Me likes this.
    12-29-2012 07:38 PM
    LOL. He doesn't stop whining about an app ATandT put there to prevent us jumping the line, so let him leep pushing the date til who knows when. LOL.
    Tried the date push one more time, and what do you know... IT UPDATED! WOOT! Guess you don't know everything you think you know.
    12-29-2012 07:39 PM
    Tried the date push one more time, and what do you know... IT UPDATED! WOOT! Guess you don't know everything you think you know.
    Wow..how hateful.

Guess you got lucky.

Wonder if all the date pushers and early updaters are why my LTE has been EDGE for the last hour? MAJOR unusual traffic here.

12-29-2012 07:45 PM
    No offense but you are not being honest, just vindictive due to being made fun of. I am going to wait. Keep pushing your little date. You might get to the year 2020! LOL.
    12-29-2012 07:46 PM
    Kelly he did not get it. I am sure of it. No one is from clock pushing.
    12-29-2012 07:51 PM
    Kelly he did not get it. I am sure of it. No one is from clock pushing.
    Hmmm.. screenshot with the date and version info would clear that up. .

12-29-2012 07:57 PM
    Omg I finally got my update! Thanks to all those that helped me! For those of you that will follow the download in this forum use astro instead of file explorer to remove the cfg from the update.zip..it does work...

12-29-2012 08:06 PM
    Heres mine at the bottom..
    Attached Thumbnails Multi view update on December 27th!-uploadfromtaptalk1356833345782.jpg  
    Soap4Me and Soloberry like this.
    12-29-2012 08:09 PM
    Omg I finally got my update! Thanks to all those that helped me! For those of you that will follow the download in this forum use astro instead of file explorer to remove the cfg from the update.zip..it does work...

Glad you got it finally

Peaches36 likes this.
    12-29-2012 08:10 PM
    I am so happy for you peaches.
    Peaches36 likes this.
    12-29-2012 08:18 PM
    I'm so happy for you Peaches. After reading your post, it seems like you copy the file right into your phone. You should have renamed it on your computer than transferred it. I think after you installed it, the process seem so simple. I'm super happy you got it.

As for Soap4Me, I hope that UCQuality can send you the file. Or you can try to search google for the file name and hopefully it will show up and you can be updated.

I'm still here checking to make sure no one else have issues with the manual update. Let me know if you have problems, but the earlier post should have been self explainatory.
    12-29-2012 08:25 PM
    Kelly:
    You are very defensive, do you work for AT&T? I really don't understand why AT&T has anything to do with these updates. There is absolutely no technical reason that they need to stagger other than poor provisioning of update servers. My point is that many people, like Apple and Verizon can handle much larger updates. AT&T has chosen to use this poor method when there are much faster ways to do this . Has nothing to do with the network if I'm updating over WiFI.
    Jeffro Bodine likes this.
    12-29-2012 08:51 PM
    Nope don't work for AT&T. Most that are in LTE areas will update LTE, it's about double the speed of wifi.

Sorry, addressing your post isn't defensive. What do you think AT&T gets out of staggering updates besides being overrun with calls, which they have been.
    No reason to stagger upgrades for no reason and since yesterday, I have been bumped to EDGE several times and that had never happened before, started yesterday.

12-29-2012 09:06 PM
    I tried both Kies and the date forwarding trick and both has not worked for me.
    Last time I tired to update, it said I have to wait 1500+ hours
    12-29-2012 09:59 PM
    Kelly I really love all your posts, honestly. Sonic is right on one thing. ATandT could have handled this much better than they did. They could have put it ONLINE and all could have downloaded leaving their network free. My daughter also defends ATandT. I have been with Sprint as well as ATandT and they handle updates much more efficiently. They PUSH to phones with no timer crap programs. ATandT told me they are being overrun with calls anyway now due to customers complaining about how they handled this minor update. In the long run they saved nothing but rather gave all a big headache.
    12-29-2012 10:01 PM
    I would give you my email address if you could send it to me ucquality.
    12-29-2012 10:03 PM
    File sharing would be removed ucquality.
    12-29-2012 10:04 PM
    Nope don't work for AT&T. Most that are in LTE areas will update LTE, it's about double the speed of wifi.

Sorry, addressing your post isn't defensive. What do you think AT&T gets out of staggering updates besides being overrun with calls, which they have been.
    No reason to stagger upgrades for no reason and since yesterday, I have been bumped to EDGE several times and that had never happened before, started yesterday.

First off, kudos to Kelly for all the terrific help. I spoke to AT&T the person transferred me to Samsung. The Samsung agent transferred me to Samsung Tier2 Tech and then to ECR.
    The update was pushed out by Google, not AT&T and not Samsung. The distribution of the update is a Google thing...they have access to the networks. The timer thing is AT&T' genius. ALSO I was told that there is software on the phone that is active annd they can upgrade it at will without notifing the owner of the device. You will get a red and gray arrow next to the att icon and in notifications it will say connecting to a DM server.
    Lastly Kelly and several other seasoned Forum Members cautioned everyon about playing games with the update software timer. No one should be defensive with Kelly or anyone else on the forum. The Onus belongs to AT&T, Samsung and Google. They could yave just as easily offered a preliminary statement about the upgrade and how to deal with It.
    TheOtherBill and Kelly Kearns like this.
    12-29-2012 10:14 PM
596 ... 1213141516 ...