Multi view update on December 27th!

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Looks like we will finally get our update!
Sent from Miss Peaches GN2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356576327646.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356576327646.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 325

darkside012

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes finally. Ive had my note 2 for about two weeks now and Ive been waiting for this update since. Its a great phone without but now its gonna be freakin sweet.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Im Rooted and running a custom ROM with all those features... Now with this OTA update what happens now!?!?
New to all this Andriod updates is my phone going to be a brick tomorrow??

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Im Rooted and running a custom ROM with all those features... Now with this OTA update what happens now!?!?
New to all this Andriod updates is my phone going to be a brick tomorrow??

I'm not sure about rooted phones.. Sorry:confused:

Sent from Miss Peaches GN2

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Custom ROMs will likely not receive it. Even if it your phone recieves info from server about update it is likely that it can't be installed because of TRWP or CWM being on the device. That has been my past experience with updates when rooted with custom ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29

webb3201

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So do I have to install the Kies Air crap and update that way or is it pushed over the air? I have never owned a non-nexus Android phone before this one.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
"The update will be available for download over the air beginning Dec. 27."

What does this mean, over the air???
Newbie here, thanks!

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Like Sprint, and previous updates it is rolled out over a short-time period of days. Lots of people have to download it. It's not magic ;)

Thanks to the person who found which features we may get too (earlier in this thread)! Other Note 2 models got other features and bug fixes...since we had some toggles they didnt and they had some stuff we didnt, etc. Interesting.

Also, interesting that the original Note is announced at the same time to get this feature and others...
Original Galaxy Note getting Jelly Bean, multi-window and other features in new Premium Suite | Android Central

Cool.

mhenne4

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
@M Dodd, if you need to "reset" the OTA count down, just go adjust your phone forward 1 day, save and go attempt update again to spoof the clock. Once finished, return time to "auto" or w/e you use for your setting.

jj42431

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I was rooted and running a custom rom and returned to stock this morning ready for the update. If you are rooted go to xda-developers to find information.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Feature-wise...

- Ink effect...don't we have that already? What else would it do? Who cares? :)

- Group Cast...didn't try that yet. AllShare Cast hub is pretty good though...I was impressed when playing NOVA 3 and NFS (to really test it out). Was weird at some points, but not as bad as I thought. It depends on which app it seems and how the WiDi is behaving at the time.

- What about the feature that does group face replacement/best face? I think that is missing on other models too, anyone know? I see the ability to do single best face. update: I was mistaken...may have thought about 'group cast' again, for some reason confusing it. Thanks to the person who set me straight on this!

Last edited: