Multi view update on December 27th!

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
lgreenberg...can you describe the upgrade process. Basically dload and run..are there multiple restarts.? Im still suffering from Motorola Download Upgrade Trama from my Atrix 4 and 2 upgrades (disasters)

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
This confuses me. I've seen other people complain about now having the "Best Faces" feature, so I had to check my phone to make sure I wasn't crazy. I sure enough have it on my AT&T Note II (SGH-i317). I used it last night to make sure I wasn't confusing it with "Best Photo," which I have as well. I attempted to take a group picture and when I hit the shutter button, my phone took a series of shots and then it put a yellow box over all the recognizable faces. When you click on a face, three different faces pop-up and you choose the best one. You don't have this feature??

Ahhh...YES you are right. I will strike that out from my previous post :)

I don't know why I thought that. Darn, I could have used it during the family visits this past weekend!

Thanks for clearing it up. My mistake. Perhaps I was thinking of Group Cast.

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes.

Downloads 178MB file then it reboots.

Goes to AT&T logo with progress bar and percentage. Took about 10 minutes on that.

Then re-boots to Android Update screen. Took about 5 minutes on that.

Then another reboot and it's done. Stays on boot up screen for a minute or two, just be patient.

Whole thing took about 15 minutes. No data or settings changed or lost.

- - - Updated - - -

I think its in the pict you posted already on the left (verticle)

Thanks, confusing me since I already posted that pic. ;)

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Still 4.1.2

What is the vertical toolbar feature?

I think the person is referring to Samsung's MultiTASK feature. It is brought up during Multi-window use. But, can be used aside from Multi-window, as it was on the S3 I played with in the AT&T store when waiting for the Note 2 to come out. The S3 had this via long pressing the home button. I think it will now be via long-pressing the 'back' button. I assume the S3 access to that will change IF it get's the update, but I haven't heard about that getting mult-window. Perhaps it's too small of a screen for now (or waiting for the S4/larger screen version). The 10.1 Note tablet has featured Multi-window in it's 'elf' advertisement too!

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I think the person is referring to Samsung's MultiTASK feature. It is brought up during Multi-window use. But, can be used aside from Multi-window, as it was on the S3 I played with in the AT&T store when waiting for the Note 2 to come out. The S3 had this via long pressing the home button. I think it will now be via long-pressing the 'back' button. I assume the S3 access to that will change IF it get's the update, but I haven't heard about that getting mult-window. Perhaps it's too small of a screen for now (or waiting for the S4/larger screen version). The 10.1 Note tablet has featured Multi-window in it's 'elf' advertisement too!

Touche!!! It pops on the left side. You get genius of the hour award!!!!

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that's how you enable the multitasking apps. Long press the back button brings up that bar which you can then slide closed. A tab remains so you can re-open the drawer by sliding it out.

OR, when the drawer is open you can long press the back button again and the drawer will disappear, reappearing when you long press back again.

VDK69

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Just reminder for those not getting the update. Make sure you are not using Wifi. Since it's an OTA, you have to use ATT network to get it, I think.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I tried at 830am and got zip...said I had to wait 12 hours. Kind of hopeful it will notify me sooner.
Isnt it funny....I spoke with AT&T tier2 data and Samsung support and no one knew the moon was made of swiss cheese.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
No its not it... im confused now. Your apps are on the left now? Did it do that on its own.

What's not it? Now you are confusing me! :) The vertical/horizontal scroll (depending on screen rotation) that person shows in the pic is the Samsung Multi-task feature that comes with this update. Drag the apps to the foreground and it creates the split-screen for two of them at a time. It stays as a tab, but you can turn-off with the notification toggle (I think is also part of this update) easily.

Also, only some apps will be in the Multi-task bar...not all can do multi-window yet...wait for more in the future to utilize this feature.

VDK69

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
for me and others, it was only after disconnecting from our Wifi networks we were able to get the update. So, it's a suggestion for those that are having problems getting the download.