Multi view update on December 27th!

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Tezz, wait a bit. The update might not be in your area yet, as it is a slow rolling update that only came out on Thursday.

Last edited:

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes I called them. They said they can't reset the timer and it is up to AT&T as the timer app is their software. Thank you for letting me know who Sammy was lol. You are a doll. :) AT&T covered all their bases.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes I called them. They said they can't reset the timer and it is up to AT&T as the timer app is their software. Thank you for letting me know who Sammy was lol. You are a doll. :) AT&T covered all their bases.

Another trick..if you can get to Tier 2 support, might need to be another issue, one above 611's training, you might get a level 2 to help you with this. I find they tell me all kinds of stuff if I chat them up about tech issues, even computers. :)

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I got a level 2 tech. This AT&T Update Installer App cannot be changed according to them. It is pre - installed on the phone. They refuse to touch it. :( Unless people break it on their own with the file update, AT&T will not do a thing. :(

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I got a level 2 tech. This AT&T Update Installer App cannot be changed according to them. It is pre - installed on the phone. They refuse to touch it. :( Unless people break it on their own with the file update, AT&T will not do a thing. :(

Oh it CAN be, now they might could get fired for telling you how.

If you are on Facebook, go to AT&T Fan Page and if there is a known way, they know it. They are very knowledgeable about all devices and not AT&T employees.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I will take a look but this app is linked to a server which means I do not think I can alter a server's programming. I have 75 hours left at this point, but thank you. :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I will take a look but this app is linked to a server which means I do not think I can alter a server's programming. I have 75 hours left at this point, but thank you. :)

You might not can do it, but post the question. They are very good to follow, always have lots of info and help.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I would just wait the 75 hours. I know that seems like a long time. Then after you try the manual update if it is not there, resist the urge hit it again for 24 hours. ATT has always done their OTA's this way. Sometimes I have had it the first day like this one or other times I have had to wait for up to 2 weeks. Once, I stopped trying and the notification popped up on its own.

If they had put the update on Kies, an equal number of people would be flaming them for doing that because they could not install on their computer etc etc. They typically stagger the OTA release since they have to try to maintain the network for 110 million devices.

I know none of this is particularly satisfying right now, but the last thing you want to do is bork your phone so it cannot receive the update. Hang in there.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
So I am at 1000 hours. Because I accidentally jump a month instead of a day when I did it the first time. WTF should I do? Just wait the month? Cuz no thanks...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Plano, I have a 6 year old computer and it has Kies on it, so that's not a plausible excuse for AT&T to use.

I think the point is people complain either way. We had PAGES of complaints about the JB update being online for the S3..pages and pages.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think the point is people complain either way. We had PAGES of complaints about the JB update being online for the S3..pages and pages.

+1 on this. Either way people have issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So I am at 1000 hours. Because I accidentally jump a month instead of a day when I did it the first time. WTF should I do? Just wait the month? Cuz no thanks...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I would try to put my SIM card into another phone and let the ATT network see your SIM in another phone. Leave it for a while and then go back to your GN2. Maybe it will reset the update servers? Just a guess.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12