Multi view update on December 27th!

willmsbrg

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Right. This is what many of us figured long ago, when the complaints started to roll-in.

But, interesting that you found out that it was by serial number...as opposed to region/location or some other method. I guess that is one way to do it. I got my update the first time I tried on the first day.

Serial starts with R21CA5xxxxx

My serial number begins with those number/letter combos as well and I bought mine release day and I didn't get it and chose to manually download mine. So, I'm not sure I buy the statement of AT&T by serial number and I'm on the East Coast. I think it is being staggered, but don't think there is any rhyme or reason to how it is coming across.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone! Tezz, do not forward clock. You will wind up delaying by the number of hours you push your clock ahead. The Otterbox Case I got for $50 at the AT&T store. Tezz, manual update is downloading the update to your phone through a file you got from another place, and taking it from there.

Last edited:

squeakywipers

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey Y'all, a quick update on my *update*

Background - I have an AT&T Note 2, unlocked it and am currently using it on holidays in canadia

On the 27th, could not get the update, so forwarded my date by a few days. I do not have my SD card with me so I decided to wait it out. Just an hour ago my wait was over and I tried to update (OTA) my software, and was told to wait another 48 hours.......will be looking into the manual update once I get home, this is redonkulous!

tezz24

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone! Tezz, do not forward clock. You will wind up delaying by the number of hours you push your clock ahead. The Otterbox Case I got for $50 at the AT&T store. Tezz, manual update is downloading the update to your phone through a file you got from another place, and taking it from there.
where do I go for that manual update

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
where do I go for that manual update

Download the file in this post: xda-developers - View Single Post - AT&T to release OTA update on Dec. 27 to enable Multi-Window on Note II

Rename it to update.zip
BACKUP YOUR PHONE, doing this will wipe your phone and internal memory card (to backup check out my post here)
Copy the file to your phone's external sdcard
Reboot into recovery (turn phone off, press volume up, center button and power)
Install update from external sdcard
Walk away from your phone for 15 minutes
Spend some time re-setting your phone back up.

I did it this way and it worked perfectly!!!

David Carabez

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Download the file in this post: xda-developers - View Single Post - AT&T to release OTA update on Dec. 27 to enable Multi-Window on Note II

Rename it to update.zip
BACKUP YOUR PHONE, doing this will wipe your phone and internal memory card (to backup check out my post here)

Is this the official update? My phone is all stock would it work on my phone?

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

Rename it to update.zip

Nice that they re-posted it! I thought it had been taken down. Too bad we didn't get ALL the features like the international version did. Especially modifying the notifications panel.

tommet

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my Galaxy Note 2 around 1am the very first day AT&T had them available. Still haven't seen hide nor hair of my update. I'll give it another week or so, but I'll admit I'm pretty ticked off. If I had any other choice of carrier in my area I'd have dropped AT&T a while back.

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Did you root your phone and do backup with twrp? I was in the process of installing clean rom when I realized I could get the update from At&t. That's what I got and I assumed that that was because I'd gone to far into the process. Not smart enough to figure out a way around that so I went ahead and installed cleanrom 3.5. Works great.

For those that haven't received the update are you getting a message that says "System Update Interrupted"? That's all I keep getting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Edited to make the post make sense :)

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Looks like AT&T and other carriers in the US are butchering the intended full 4.1.2 update with just the Multiview window and a few minor updates with it. No customized notification panel amongst others perk. The file size is over 200mb for the whole bowl of wax. The international Note 2 version has all those goodies. Why can't we? Sucks.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I manually updated just now and it worked great. lf you are being impatient just update yourself. Very easy to do and quick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I did the manual update two days ago and I am experiencing a rather bothersome bug...

My Samsung keyboard crashes when I use Chrome. I'll do a Chrome search and then suddenly a pop-up will appear that the keyboard has crashed.

I am not certain if this is related to the manual update file or not, but it certainly is an uncommon problem.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante