Multi view update on December 27th!

dcjr99

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I did the manual update and have not had any issues totally worth it. The chrome issues are odd mine works great with or without using the normal keyboard as I use SwiftKey. It does wipe the phone but putting all the apps and stuff back wasn't a big issue. Happy new year to everyone.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I did the manual update and have not had any issues totally worth it. The chrome issues are odd mine works great with or without using the normal keyboard as I use SwiftKey. It does wipe the phone but putting all the apps and stuff back wasn't a big issue. Happy new year to everyone.

My phone did not wipe when I performed the manual update.
I installed the zip through cwr.
Still having my weird wifi issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

dcjr99

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Let me rephrase it wiped my phone however everyone's device could be different. I would just recommend as most have to backup with Kies or whatever backup method works for you. Hopefully the multi Window will allow for more apps to utilize in the future

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I've dl'd two updates manually, one 178mb, one 179. I also downloaded a 1078mb ROM with the included update. Can someone im me where to get the 200mb update, or tell me which one to use?

tommet

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just tried and got "software update interrupted. Will try again within 48 hours"

Ya know it would be nice for att to have mentioned it might be a couple weeks before everyone gets the update.

This is pitiful.

squeakywipers

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
So I'm heading home soon and looking forward to manually updating my phone since I'll have my SD card there. A question: does the update wipe out the sim unlock?!?!?!

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been doing a lot of reading, and it looks like to get all we should, rooting is the answer. At least get more than what AT&T gave us with an edited version of the software. I like the multiview program, but it's just leaving a bad taste in my mouth that that we are being gypped out of all the bells and whistles of 4.1.2 offers. And I want all their bloatware off my phone too. It might be a year before we get the "Official" 4.2" version.

What do you guys think here at the forum?

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the multi view is good, but not really anything most will use, unless for bragging rights.

Before the update, my phone was blazing fast when switching from portrait to landscape mode. Now it takes time like the gs3. I wish I did not update and hopefully Samsung fixes the tiny bugs.

EDIT: I figured out the screen orientation problem. Smart Rotation was turned on by default. I turned it off and now the screen rotates from portrait to landscape mode like lighting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Looks like AT&T and other carriers in the US are butchering the intended full 4.1.2 update with just the Multiview window and a few minor updates with it. No customized notification panel amongst others perk. The file size is over 200mb for the whole bowl of wax. The international Note 2 version has all those goodies. Why can't we? Sucks.

That's the question I had for those with the N7100 model...did they get the notification customization feature, or not? I haven't heard they did...albeit it was part of the feature list for our build (which is the same as the international version, up to the point where AT&T -in our case- mod's the build, of course).

Customizing notification toggles isn't too big of a deal for me, however.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I've dl'd two updates manually, one 178mb, one 179. I also downloaded a 1078mb ROM with the included update. Can someone im me where to get the 200mb update, or tell me which one to use?

The official AT&T build (JZO54K.I317UCALK7) of the jzo54k update was under 200MB. As I recall, it's probably one of the the 17xMB downloads you mention. So, as you mention the ROM download...you didn't do this OTA, using AT&T's s/w update app right? Or you just didn't install any of these downloads yet, and you want to know which one to install?

Other carriers had different size updates, as they modified their builds as well...removing/adding features that suited their agenda and device model.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have been doing a lot of reading, and it looks like to get all we should, rooting is the answer. At least get more than what AT&T gave us with an edited version of the software. I like the multiview program, but it's just leaving a bad taste in my mouth that that we are being gypped out of all the bells and whistles of 4.1.2 offers. And I want all their bloatware off my phone too. It might be a year before we get the "Official" 4.2" version.

What do you guys think here at the forum?

Honestly that's what made me root. I'm not going back to stock on the att one. Especially after I got my international. The carriers butchered the device to death!

The crazy thing and the reason I am adding to this thread, I just installed(two hours ago)a rom based off the att latest and it's fast! For me at least, I use multiview heavily and it was a decision based off of need and I didn't and don't have the time to mess with them.

I knew that the developers that built these ROMS such as those on xda, etc knew what they were doing, but I didn't realize how far it's progressed past the carriers. As soon as the 4.2 source codes are made available, I'm sure it won't be long for those either. And it's just strange because the version I have "just works" and works much better than stock.

They already have the exploit patched, full multi window, toggles, etc just like the international. And on top of that, you can choose to remove or add applications as you please, back up, the works.

I guess what I'm saying is that I know root isn't for everyone. But maybe if these carriers didn't take all day, mess up things and slice things to death, I, like many others, wouldn't have gone this route. The bad thing is, now that they have provided multi, who knows how long it will be before you get (if you get at all) the ability to control things the way the device was designed.

I wish all the best of luck and just know there are other options. The best to all. :thumbup:

Sent using Note II

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36