Multi view update on December 27th!

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. If my update does not show up soon, ill most likely be rooting.

I really do dislike that I had to, and it is seeming like others are as frustrated as I was. I don't want to kick up any rocks, just trying to offer my experience.

Sent using Note II

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I really do dislike that I had to, and it is seeming like others are as frustrated as I was. I don't want to kick up any rocks, just trying to offer my experience.

Sent using Note II

The whole reason I bought this over the Nexus 4 was to not have to root and rom. I had to root and rom. This made me unhappy, however I really am enjoying the hardware. I feel your frustrations.
That CleanROM 3.5 ATT Special Edition is pretty nice. The upshot to the rom is being able to add apps to multiwindow that "don't support it" really easily. Glad I did it from that aspect.

fliptong

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get any update notification. I Checked it manually and there it is! Finished downloading/install and now I got multiview. I have a question though, like the video on YouTube, how do you customize the notification tab?

Venichie

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: I live in Chicago but no update for me yet

Well I'm still without an update... and my wait time is until FEB 4, 2015... So the threads gotten pretty big, is there a manual way to update this (Without ROOTING)?

... If not, can someone take me to a very simple rooting for the best rom or software that I'd need... or you recommend. Thanks in advance for any positive suggestions/solutions!

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Tezz, my timer counted down and I still didn't get it. Getting a DM activation error that stops the update. That means sim is compromised. Trying new sim tonight. If that doesn't work I may need another phone (according to AT&T who now says they should have put it in Kies). I may get another phone. People who did got the update.

Last edited:

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

Where the hell are you guus see this countdown timer? I still haven't received my updated and I'm pisssed.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

ska, go to settings>about device>check for updates. I went to AT&T corporate store and even their phones can't get the update. AT&T said it could take a full month to fully roll out.

kimmysue1102

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Finally Got my update today. I kept getting the software interrupted message so I ended up backing up my info to kies still got the message so I did the clock trick again over 4g then once it started to download switched to Wi-Fi to unfreeze it. This is actually the easier route I took instead of doing it manually because I ran into some problems that way.

Feels like I've been waiting forever!!!

tezz24

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I jus ordered a new phone because att customer service said the att store gave me a phone with no updates and they even said the couldnt find any updates on my phone so im happy that I can jus get another phone

- - - Updated - - -

I jus ordered a new phone because att customer service said the att store gave me a phone with no updates and they even said the couldnt find any updates on my phone so im happy that I can jus get another phone

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
AT&T told me by Tuesday they will talk to me about a new phone but Tezz, it might be refurbished. I will not take a refurbished one for a two month old new one that I paid big bucks for. AT&T Service Centers will eventually be able to flash the update to the phone. Kimmy, that should not have worked as you CANNOT start the update without Wi - Fi on and this is a FACT. Also, clock trick does not work.