S Note - missing tools / Mode?

kppioneer

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I noticed in the S Pen Tutorial and on the GN2 commercials that S Pen should have Productivity Tools, Shape Match Tool, Formula Match Tool, Handwriting to Text Tool however when I open S Pen (whether manually or by physically removing the S Pen) I do not have those Tools at all. I only see Drawing Mode, Text Mode, Eraser Mode.

what am I missing

kppioneer

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
One thing I did notice is that, when I pull out the S-Pen, the S-Note window that opens does NOT have those tool bars mentioned above. If I long press on drawing mode, it only give me pen options (eg color and thickness).

So to get the full set of tool bar, I have to manually create a S-Note. Can some one else confirm this?

Thanks

ScarySaraC

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. The first time I used it the tools icon was available, now it is not. Long press on the drawing icon does not work

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
This is true. There are two types of s-note applications. There is the standard s-note which had all the edit options, and then there is "pop up note"which is just used or supposedly used for quick notes stuck as on the phone or just needing to hit something quickly.

Two different things now.

If you wish to do things such as edit and the like, you have to save the note first.

Actually, just confirmed with the wife's note, the older one doesn't do it either

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

jhbacon

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Everybody seems to be missing the question: The productivity tool icon IS NOT THERE. There is no box with a formula, he dosen't want to long press on the drawing icon to get the color palate, he is wondering why the productivity tool icon is not present. it's a good question !

anon300056

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
It may be hidden icon, this can happen for some unknown reason when you do a system update to icons.

SOLUTION: (at least for the Samsung galaxy S3, i assume Note is similar.)

After entering into the application folder (APPS) tap the menu button (on the galaxy s3 it is the touch button on the far bottom, to the left.)

You will see a menu list which starts with PLAY STORE. Here is why you have problems. there is a last folder named SHOW HIDDEN APPLICATIONS which is not visible until you scroll down one last line. open that it and you will see all icons including your missing one. if you find it, highlight the check box next to it. THEN PRESS DONE AT THE TOP RIGHT (NOT THE BACK BUTTON ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT = FAILURE.) Your icon will now appear in the APPS folder and hold and move to your Active pages by holding and dragging.

good luck.

TalonSF

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
A screen shot of the missing icon would helpful. Is this the icon you're missing? If you have it just click on it to get the other productivity options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363765843849.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363765843849.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 178

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The difference is when you pull the s pen out, you are probably seeing the pop up note app. It only has limited functionality due to it being for quick little notes, kind of like a 3M post-it note.

To get the full functionality of the productivity tools, you have to open S Note. Then the icons you are looking for are available.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Pop up note uses S Memo, which is why it doesn't have all the features of S Note. It also seems that it sometimes depends on what note type you choose once you open S Note. For instance if you choose "memo" as your note type, you won't have access to the productivity tools, nor the ability to add any kind of media. Hope this wasn't too rambling.

MaoTzu

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It is missing on mine too, and the only reason I know is because that little tutorial you posted keeps popping up.

A screen shot of the missing icon would helpful. Is this the icon you're missing? If you have it just click on it to get the other productivity options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

James Donahue

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Folks are still missing the question. There are some templates in S Note that DO NOT OFFER THE PRODUCTIVITY TOOLS ICON.

For example, the Memo template does NOT have the productivity tools icon. However, the other templates all seem to have the icon.

My question is why do some templates have the icon and some don't?

jhbacon

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Lurch is right. Is there a reason that the Memo template does not have the prosuctivity tools ? Seems to me I would like to have it here as well as the other templates

tAKticool

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I was GOOGLING my problems with S Note and the S Pen and not being able to find icons to do certain things, Google lead me to this thread anx it was Extremely helpful! This forum is a lifesaver, and compared to other forum communities I live in , this is the best and nicest!

Chris Brennan1

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed your comment. Although it is an old discussion thread I have the same issue in S note on the note 10.1 2014. I found that if you write what you want first and then use selection tab and draw a selection square around your item you just drew and then transform when the box pops up and choose whatever you want to transform it into, either formula, shape, text, etc.
Hope this helps. Not as good as the video but is an option if you are desperate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12