Samsung Galaxy Note 2 could not connect to pc

Melvin Soo

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Recently i have bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and i tried to connect to my pc but it didnt work even thou i have enable the usb debugging.
i have google the problem but it seems that they say something about the USB Utilities. i couldnt find my USB Utilities option in my phone, there is only Kies via wifi. I would like to know how to fix this problem thanks :)

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
When I plugged in my AT&T Note II to both Windows XP and Windows 7 notebooks, they both auto installed usb driver and recognized the phone.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
DO NOT install the drivers that windows update recommends. That will overwrite the Samsung driver and cause issues. I had that issue. Go to sammy website and dl those and it will work

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Don't use the junk windows installs. Also, installing them in Windows 8, you need to run the installer in win 7 compatibility mode. Took me a few minutes to remember you can do that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to point out it could be the USB cable you're using. I used a different USB cable with my N2 and nothing was showing up for it on my laptop until I switched back to the OEM cable. Then it worked just fine. Go figure.

Jennifer Baui

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
my loptop cant recognized my note 2. i want to download musics from my computer but when i connect the USB to my computer along with my note 2. my loptop didnt recognized it

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried going into developer options and clicking debugging?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Message to all about not being able to connect:

My experience with this is that if you have multiple usb ports on your computer and have front port access these typically dont perform as well as the ones on the back directly connected to the mobo. Also about monthly I have to reinstall the sammy drivers cuz windows overides my driver choices.

Also if you tried installing drivers and that still doesnt work then try this: once connected the pc and the phone is recognized by the chime, unlock the device and go to your notifications. You should see an icon that says something about usb connection options. Click that and it will show you what you are currently connected as, choose the other option listed. It should chime in and let you access it from the my computer app on the desktop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jamesgrenard

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Message to all about not being able to connect:

My experience with this is that if you have multiple usb ports on your computer and have front port access these typically dont perform as well as the ones on the back directly connected to the mobo. Also about monthly I have to reinstall the sammy drivers cuz windows overides my driver choices.

Also if you tried installing drivers and that still doesnt work then try this: once connected the pc and the phone is recognized by the chime, unlock the device and go to your notifications. You should see an icon that says something about usb connection options. Click that and it will show you what you are currently connected as, choose the other option listed. It should chime in and let you access it from the my computer app on the desktop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you! This worked for me!