Is anyone using Adobe Flash 11.1 and if you are have you had any issues using it with the new update 4.1.2?
    Is there a newer version?
    ska916jedi likes this.
    01-02-2013 03:30 PM
    I was under the impression adobe flash is no longer supported by mobile phones, and even though you can make it work it was not recommended because of multiple security holes that malware could effect. I tried to download flash when I first got the device and it said it wasnt supported on the note 2.
    01-03-2013 01:53 PM
    I was under the impression adobe flash is no longer supported by mobile phones, and even though you can make it work it was not recommended because of multiple security holes that malware could effect. I tried to download flash when I first got the device and it said it wasnt supported on the note 2.
    I think it is actually Adobe will no longer produce new updates for flash player on mobile device. They will still provide security patches if any vulnerability is found. The thing is that once Adobe made the announcement, I think flash only sites is going to be obsoleted soon. It doesn't make sense to make a "flash" site that would not support new mobile phones when more and more people are starting to browser the web on their smart phones. Most sites are already on HTML5.

You could still side load an one year old Flash Player, but there will be no updates (from Adobe) for hardware or OS incompatibility.
    01-03-2013 02:16 PM
    I think it is actually Adobe will no longer produce new updates for flash player on mobile device. They will still provide security patches if any vulnerability is found. The thing is that once Adobe made the announcement, I think flash only sites is going to be obsoleted soon. It doesn't make sense to make a "flash" site that would not support new mobile phones when more and more people are starting to browser the web on their smart phones. Most sites are already on HTML5.

You could still side load an one year old Flash Player, but there will be no updates (from Adobe) for hardware or OS incompatibility.
    What does it mean to side load? I have seen this mentioned on other sites as well.
    01-03-2013 02:35 PM
    What does it mean to side load? I have seen this mentioned on other sites as well.
    Instead of using an app store like Google Play store, you could side load app by downloading an application package file (.apk) to your phone. Adobe flash player used to be on Google Play store, but they removed it because Adobe stopped updates for it.
    01-03-2013 02:58 PM
    Is flash really needed anymore? I never bothered to install it and haven't seen a place where it was needed.

I'm glad to be rid of all the adobe bloatware anyway.
    01-03-2013 03:02 PM
    Ok I have done the before with the apk for photo editor. I just wasnt aware it had an actual name to that process.
    01-03-2013 03:07 PM
    There are some sites that are flash. Most online games are flash, but just try to play an online game in a browser on your phone (less that fun). I have it side loaded, but when (not if) we get 4.2, I will delete it (if the install does not do it for me).

I also have it on my tablet, my wife has issues with some sites on her iPad (yes, we have a mixed marriage) and she will grab my tablet and go to the site just to say "oh, big deal" and then back to her iPad.
    TheOtherBill likes this.
    01-03-2013 03:11 PM
    Is flash really needed anymore? I never bothered to install it and haven't seen a place where it was needed.

I'm glad to be rid of all the adobe bloatware anyway.
    Most sites that have a mobile version do not need flash. But there are some sites that only support desktop browser. You could see flash video on those sites if you have flash player. I was told that it is one of the way to access Amazon Prime Instant Video, since they still do not have an app for non-kindle android device. I just watch it on my iPad.
    01-03-2013 03:46 PM
    I've got it working on my phone (stocked rooted 4.1.2) with the stock browser and Dolphin. I'm not a fan of mobile sites for the most part, so the full desktop experience is big thing for me.
    Try this: [MOD][ROOT] Flash Player on Dolphin Browser HD - Galaxy Note 2 ROMs/Kernels/Mods - TeamUSCellular
    Ivar van Hoorn likes this.
    01-04-2013 10:19 AM
    01-04-2013 09:12 PM