Screen auto-rotation problems after multi-window update

zocipro

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I still have problem with a AUTO rotation as especially testing on the images..Did anyone find real solution or need to check hardware sensor or something ?

Reubs100

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Had my Galaxy note about a month.

This problem occurs around every two days or less for me.

I've tried all fixes mentioned in this thread to no avail.

Like others have said, not absolutely terrible just very annoying, especially after spending ?370 on it unlocked.

Really love the phone and if this problem could be fixed I would say its almost a perfect device, for me anyway.

Very frustrating though as the phone can do so much yet constantly does this which is such a basic for phones of this calibre.

Fingers crossed for an update to fix this in the UK.

Stefanos Mihanetzis

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Screen auto-rotation problems with Android 4.1.2

Ok. I tried everything suggested here.
The only thing that fixes the issue as well as prevents it from happening is turning Auto-Brightness ON.
I know it sounds unrelated to the problem but it works!
Weird bug!

Note: You can still use 'Velis Auto Brightness' app to set your prefered brightness while the system auto-brightness is ON. Works perfect and auto-rotate keeps working!

Last edited:

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen auto-rotation problems with Android 4.1.2

Ok. I tried everything suggested here.
The only thing that fixes the issue as well as prevents it from happening is turning Auto-Brightness ON.
I know it sounds unrelated to the problem but it works!
Weird bug!

Note: You can still use 'Velis Auto Brightness' app to set your prefered brightness while the system auto-brightness is ON. Works perfect and auto-rotate keeps working!

Oh wow that works! I just turn on Auto and fixed it and turned off Auto again. This is so weird... but thanks! It is probably the fastest way to fix it.

luqmanhakim

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
can somebody explain detail for this step :

"Go to Phone app -> Click the Keypad on top -> Rotate -> Fixed!

I have to do that once or twice a week ever since I updated to 4.1.2.''

i dont understand where is 'phone app' > where is 'click the keypad on top' > where is 'rotate'

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
can somebody explain detail for this step :

"Go to Phone app -> Click the Keypad on top -> Rotate -> Fixed!

I have to do that once or twice a week ever since I updated to 4.1.2.''

i dont understand where is 'phone app' > where is 'click the keypad on top' > where is 'rotate'

The phone app is the program you use when you use the phone.

When you are in the phone app, there 4 icons on top, one of them is called Keypad.

Once you are in the phone's dial pad screen, you could rotate the phone and it will unstuck the rotation.

BUT, before you try that, I suggest you try the easier fix just posted above. It is to check AUTO brightness. It is a much faster fix! Thanks Stefanos! :D

luqmanhakim

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Already try to check Auto Brightness before but nothing change.
When i go to keypad on left side and i turn my phone to landscape position screen not rotate. :(

Derrick Gott

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the newest update I've had zero problems with screen rotation...even in multi window mode. Before the update I was restarting at least 5 times a day.

Posted via Android Central App

Morrissey4200

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
After rebooting, the auto-rotate will work, but after a few days it'll stop working, even with the toggle turned on. All sensors were fine. Sometimes apps will rotate into landscape mode and stay like that until I turn off auto-rotate. Smart rotation is turned on, but before the update, auto-rotate has always worked even with it on. So I'm inclined to think it's just a software problem.

Rebooting will solve the problem, but it'll come back after a few days. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

tritzim

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
had this issue too.

after I used multi screen, my phone start crashing every time i used camera or video in landscape.

I tried the following;
  1. rebooting
  2. rotate phone app
  3. checked/ unchecked smart rotation
finally it worked, not sure what fixed it.