Dissatisfied with iPhone 5. Want note 2

lsutigers03

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Didn't have to beg, just tell them it's their policy. I used to work there so they gave me some crap but it was mainly because they knew me. The one I didn't work at said no problem when I called them though but ended up going to the one by my school instead of by my house.

The first few times I've tried I didn't know that they had an actual policy in place I thought it was up to the manager. I'll remember that the next time I ask.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
What is this extra 250 you speak of? I payed full retail for mine and I love it so if you can come in under thst you should be fine

Sent via Tapatalk

pilsbury

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Been on IOS for the last three years. Traded my 4s for a GS3, then upgraded to a Note 2. This thing is an absolute beast. I am more than satisfied.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Going to best buy after work, really considering paying the extra 250. Can anyone weigh in?

Here is my recommendation but it may take about a week to come to fruition. Call AT&T and ask them for an upgrade price on the Note 2. You will get them to say yes eventually but you must be persistent. I posted about this about a month ago and it will work at long as you pay your bill on time and stay nice to the employees. I usually just ask and say I don't like my phone or that it has some major flaw but either way I always find the one person that is willing to help. They are allowed to give you an override on price even without an upgrade but you do sign a new contract so maybe this isn't for you. Just trying to help but don't waste your money at Best Buy. Hopefully this helps. It's what I'm thinking of doing.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If that's true. That would be great! I'll do that. Can you send a link to your post??
http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-note-2/236481-some-friendly-advice.html

That is the link, hope it works. Hopefully it will help and save you a boat load of money. I currently have a notation in my account saying I can get the Note 2 for $299 plus tax and shipping and a upgrade fee so thats nice and they should be able to do the same for you. My last upgrade was September 2012 so it isn't like I'm due.

ssloko

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-note-2/236481-some-friendly-advice.html

That is the link, hope it works. Hopefully it will help and save you a boat load of money. I currently have a notation in my account saying I can get the Note 2 for $299 plus tax and shipping and a upgrade fee so thats nice and they should be able to do the same for you. My last upgrade was September 2012 so it isn't like I'm due.

1st off, Thanks for the tip it is highly appreciated :) I'm just curious, did you have to trade in your older phone before they agreed to the price drop?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
All:

I've been a member of the apple ecosystem since 07 and along the way have dabbled in android. I had the atrix, the inspire 4g and the gs2 skyrocket. I'm really considering swapping my i5 for a note 2 and the great thing is best buy is offering 405
On trade for it!! Also, I've got folks willing to swap gs3 plus cash for my
iPhone. Any advice from those that use it daily? I have an iPad so I think I'd really like
Having jelly bean as my daily driver. Anyone else make the switch yet?

Thanks!!

Hey,
I made the switch from the Nexus 4to the GN 2 and im glad i made the switch. Everyone is shocked at the size of the phone but you get use to it so quickly. The phone is amazing and having the stylus just adds so much more functionality. The other day i paid a bill over the phone and the operator asked me to take down the confirmation number, at first i said i don't have a pen and paper and then i realized i did. You'll love it.

check out this video, after watching this it pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Why The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Is Better Than Your Phone *If you don't have one* [3D UI] - YouTube

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey,
I made the switch from the Nexus 4to the GN 2 and im glad i made the switch. Everyone is shocked at the size of the phone but you get use to it so quickly. The phone is amazing and having the stylus just adds so much more functionality. The other day i paid a bill over the phone and the operator asked me to take down the confirmation number, at first i said i don't have a pen and paper and then i realized i did. You'll love it.

check out this video, after watching this it pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Why The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Is Better Than Your Phone *If you don't have one* [3D UI] - YouTube

Not trying to be annoying but that video review is the worst I've seen lol there's some girl on YouTube that did a fantastic review and its 55 minutes long. Very in depth and worth watching. She's quirky and seems to know what she's doing so its a nice refresher.

juniorv130

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
AT&T authorized an early cross upgrade from my wife's account which is eligible in may. But only over the phone. Bummer haha I want it today. Maybe ill have the store call in?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Let me add some insight into all of this. I currently use an iPhone 5 on AT&T. I have gone through so many defective iPhone 5's. Call me OCD or whatever you like haha. My latest iPhone 5 has a speck of dust in the camera lens and a very loose sleep wake button. I decided to just live with those. As of yesterday my iPhone 5's home button started making a weird clicking noise, like something came loose underneath it. I love Apple products but I think the iPhone 5 manufacturing process needs a lot of work. Mine was made last month and these issues are still happening. I've always preferred the iPhone because of iTunes and all my music, but now I use Spotify.

I had the AT&T Note 2 before but ended up returning it. Now I'm thinking the Grey version wasn't for me. I loved the phone. I loved the S pen. What I loved the most was the huge spacious display and very loud speaker. I always have problems hearing callers on my ip5. Now I am debating getting the white AT&T Note 2. I think cases look better on it haha. But the dilemma is keeping my iPhone 5 or not. I plan on picking up a nano sim adapter to save me a trip to AT&T for a sim card.

So who else has a hard time moving away from Apple, despite the horrible build quality the iPhone 5 has? Maybe I just couldn't adapt to the Note 2; how do you guys do that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz