another USB mass storage question. ..

ricKKy_blacKK

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something? ? Bought a USB OTG cable and it works flawlessly with any jump drive. But why wont it work with a larger mass storage external device?

Sent from my Fresh White Ssaammssuunngg Galaxxy Note II

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Am I missing something? ? Bought a USB OTG cable and it works flawlessly with any jump drive. But why wont it work with a larger mass storage external device?

What are those larger external devices formatted as?

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The manual for the cable states that it only works with flash drives up to 32 gigabytes. However I have found it does work with larger flash drives, including the New Kingston 512 gigabyte flash drive.

It does not work with any external portable drive other than flash drives. I think it's a power issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

gazoo2010

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
My Note 2 reads all of my USB stick drives up to my 128gb. For external drives, it will not read the smaller sized ones as they require power from the device to run. However, the Note 2 did read my 1.5tb full size external drives that have their own power adapters.

~S

ricKKy_blacKK

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice....must be a power issue because my external hd is powered by usb connection so that does make sense

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae