Hello,

I just got the Note 2 and it seems OK, however, coming from the iphone, there are several areas that it seems inferior. I have mentioned my problems with group texting and hotmail server-side searching, which doesn't have a free and seamless fix. What I'm wondering is, I have set up my visual voicemail and it works through the google voice application and I can get it to work through the AT&T visual voicemail application as well just fine. I would like to know if there is a way to make it so that I can push the voicemail icon in my dialpad to have it go directly to my visual voicemail instead of dialing into my old-school audio voicemail. This seems like a simple thing to do, and I don't know why there are so many little things that just can't be integrated like the iPhone, but I just would like things to be seamless. I understand I can open up the visual voicemail application and accomplish the same task, but I would like to automatically go to visual voicemail after I press the button on the dial pad, otherwise the button is just useless, because I would never use the old school voicemail method. I read some instructions online about doing this through google voice, and clicking the button that integrates it into the dialpad, but to no avail. Not only that, when I go into dailpad/callsettings/voicemailservice and try to select google voice as my service, it gives me an error. I know I can do this by manually entering in the phone numbers and it works, but I just don't know if this error is preventing google voice from integrating into the dial pad as it says it can from these instructions: [HOWTO][ICS][JB] Visual Voicemail Integrated via Google Voice - xda-developers Please let me know if there is a way to get this stupid button in the dialer to do connect to my visual voicemail.

Thank you,
    01-12-2013 02:20 PM
    I too was an iPhone user before seeing the light!! I'm sure one of the devs over at XDA could look into this and see, but at this time I do not know of any "shortcut" in order to redirect button press to another application.

I'll do some digging around.....
    01-12-2013 02:26 PM
    Hello,

I just got the Note 2 and it seems OK, however, coming from the iphone, there are several areas that it seems inferior. I have mentioned my problems with group texting and hotmail server-side searching, which doesn't have a free and seamless fix. What I'm wondering is, I have set up my visual voicemail and it works through the google voice application and I can get it to work through the AT&T visual voicemail application as well just fine. I would like to know if there is a way to make it so that I can push the voicemail icon in my dialpad to have it go directly to my visual voicemail instead of dialing into my old-school audio voicemail. This seems like a simple thing to do, and I don't know why there are so many little things that just can't be integrated like the iPhone, but I just would like things to be seamless. I understand I can open up the visual voicemail application and accomplish the same task, but I would like to automatically go to visual voicemail after I press the button on the dial pad, otherwise the button is just useless, because I would never use the old school voicemail method. I read some instructions online about doing this through google voice, and clicking the button that integrates it into the dialpad, but to no avail. Not only that, when I go into dailpad/callsettings/voicemailservice and try to select google voice as my service, it gives me an error. I know I can do this by manually entering in the phone numbers and it works, but I just don't know if this error is preventing google voice from integrating into the dial pad as it says it can from these instructions: [HOWTO][ICS][JB] Visual Voicemail Integrated via Google Voice - xda-developers Please let me know if there is a way to get this stupid button in the dialer to do connect to my visual voicemail.

Thank you,
    Actually and not sure if what your asking is the same, but I actually use att messages. It is the only thing I use by att sand that's only because out works well for me.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
    01-13-2013 01:12 PM