aaronbuescher

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
So we all know this thing is absolutely horrid compared to google's voice recognition. Do you think Samsung will update it with google's voice?

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Works fine for me. It basically is siri on iphone. It is limited to what you can ask it. Google voice cannot control your phone for you as far as i know. S voice is more for that.

Sent via Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I've used it with some success... actually set it up so I can whistle my phone awake, click a button and search for stuff. It's not for everyone, but sorta fun to play with. The hardest part is just remembering what commands work, but If you play with it long enough is has some uses.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It's great for setting alarms. Google now and voice search keeps making calendar entries instead of setting a proper alarm.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've used it with some success... actually set it up so I can whistle my phone awake, click a button and search for stuff. It's not for everyone, but sorta fun to play with. The hardest part is just remembering what commands work, but If you play with it long enough is has some uses.

That's funny. I read that and turned around and set it up for whistle just to show off lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
You can easily replace S-VOICE with GOOGLE NOW when you double press the home button.

(With thanks to XDA forum)

Install Home2Shortcut

Step 1) Go into the S Voice settings and uncheck the Launch SVoice box. This will keep S Voice from launching when you double tap the home button.

Step 2) Install Home2 Shortcut from the Play Store

Step 3) Open Home2 Shortcut and configure it to launch the app of your choosing with a double tap of the home button. edited for Note 2

Step 3a) Open Home2 and under settings step 1
....Choose Application --> Installed applications --> Voice Search --> OK

Step 3b) Scrolled down to step 2 and selected "Short"

Step 3c) Scrolled down to step
.... Choose Home Application --> Touch Wiz home

Step 3d) Scroll down to step 4 and click the "Close button"
.... Clicked Home Shortcut --> Always --> Ok

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21