SysScope what are you?

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have been checking all my listed items in Manage Apps> Running. I happened to open S-note (listed in running). Trying to see what is using location services or causing battery usage (more so in 4.1.2 update). I scrolled down to permissions and lo and behold, there is is.."SysScope" exactly what is this???

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Bumping because this is the top result on Google and bing for "SysScope", so it'd be really nice to have an answer.

I too was intrigued by this threads title. The links posted by TheOtherBill above appear to provide the clues you seek.

BassKitten

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this problem as well. I don't know how to read code or build apps or anything like that but I'm fairly confident with how to use technology although I am an android newbie. This SysScope bug is very annoying and looks pretty dangerous. It has permission to:
* Your Personal Information
*SysScope permissions (obviously)
*Services that cost you money ie call people and send SMS messages (although I haven't incured any unexpected phone bills)
*Your Location (although I have location services turned off)
*Your Messages ie edit and read SMS or MMS
*Default (not sure what this means)
*Full internet & bluetooth access
*Use your accounts (Samsung, Google Play, etc)
*Storage
*Harware controls
*Phone Calls
*System tools
then I clicked "Show More" and found...
*Default (more code text, looks dodgy)
*View network & wifi state
*Your accounts (see user and passwords)
*Control vibrator
and finally System tools.

I went through all my apps I cleared data, disabled, whatever I could to get rid of all SysScope's nasty little sub apps that all have identical permissions to those listed above. Some didn't let me get rid of them at all. But to be honest I haven't noticed any symptoms; my phone hasn't called or texed anyone or vibrated when it shouldn't or opened any web pages although sometimes it can be a little slow loading apps, music, etc. If anyone knows if it is really dangerous or their phone has been attacked by SysScope you really should let us know.

Thanks!!

Cvaxbull

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I've been having this problem as well. I don't know how to read code or build apps or anything like that but I'm fairly confident with how to use technology although I am an android newbie. This SysScope bug is very annoying and looks pretty dangerous. It has permission to:
* Your Personal Information
*SysScope permissions (obviously)
*Services that cost you money ie call people and send SMS messages (although I haven't incured any unexpected phone bills)
*Your Location (although I have location services turned off)
*Your Messages ie edit and read SMS or MMS
*Default (not sure what this means)
*Full internet & bluetooth access
*Use your accounts (Samsung, Google Play, etc)
*Storage
*Harware controls
*Phone Calls
*System tools
then I clicked "Show More" and found...
*Default (more code text, looks dodgy)
*View network & wifi state
*Your accounts (see user and passwords)
*Control vibrator
and finally System tools.

I went through all my apps I cleared data, disabled, whatever I could to get rid of all SysScope's nasty little sub apps that all have identical permissions to those listed above. Some didn't let me get rid of them at all. But to be honest I haven't noticed any symptoms; my phone hasn't called or texed anyone or vibrated when it shouldn't or opened any web pages although sometimes it can be a little slow loading apps, music, etc. If anyone knows if it is really dangerous or their phone has been attacked by SysScope you really should let us know.

Thanks!!

SysScope is a default application on Samsung devices. It's a system application because you can't delete it without root.

It's unknown what SysScope is, but the name points to "System Scoper"

Jacknot

Aug 9, 2017
Visit site
SysScope is a graphing solution that facilitates the visual representation of RRDtool Round Robin Databases (RRD). It retrieves the graph options from an Apache-style configuration file and, after making the necessary calls to rrdgraph, it generates static or dynamic HTML pages containing the graphs.

Hi7m3up

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
Unfortunately this is not the case if you had read on further you would have came to this paragraph
"It has been brought to my attention that an android application, called sysscope, runs in android smartphones manufactured by Samsung Electronics. I'd like to let you know that my SysScope and that sysscope are two entirely different projects. My project pre-existed Samsung's smartphones. Please do not contact me for information about that android app. I have no clue what it does or what it is about. My SysScope is not an android application."
However im led to believe that syscope on android is part of the operating system and should be left alone i.e if it works don't fix it ( moment of zen for you)