QI standard Wireless charging receiver

anon(5439859)

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Well that would explain it. I thought the touchstone was qi based. Hence why many ebay sellers bundle one with their note 2 with backs. Any suggestions for a good match, preferably one that holds note 2 at an angle?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Well that would explain it. I thought the touchstone was qi based. Hence why many ebay sellers bundle one with their note 2 with backs. Any suggestions for a good match, preferably one that holds note 2 at an angle?

If you got the palm version built into the note 2 backs only the palm touchstone will work. If you have the Qi tag then only a Qi charger will work and there are not many built to an angle like the touchstone as QI is not magnetically based like the touchstone. There are some nokia ones that are Qi charging stands that stand the phone up. Nokia Wireless Charging Stand Overview - Nokia

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
To use a Qi Receiver you need a Qi charger and to use palm touchstone you need a palm receiver.
Awesome to know that!!
I was looking at a Palm touchstone on amazon for $6 and on ebay for about $15..... So, Qi charging pad will be the one to get for me!

blacter

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Got the Qi receiver tag off ebay and it works as advertise and charges my Note II up with no problems. Tag is thin enough to fit between the battery and door without a budge forming.This is the one I got. Qi Wireless Coil Receiver Charger Module Tag for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 | eBay

Got one of these as well, but for some reason it doesn't work with my Nokia charging plate. The unit looked well made and fit perfectly. The light on the charging plate goes on when the phone's placed on it. But no charging. Any ideas?

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
make sure the contacts on the tag are reaching and making good contact with the contacts on the phone. I got that with another tag that it wouldn't work well if at all. Also 1st generation Qi and 2nd generation Qi sometimes have problems working with each other. I use an energizer Qi charger and it works well with any Qi device, but I have heard that nokia's chargers are a bit picky. I guess depends on the implementation even though it's suppose to be all Qi universal.

anon(5439859)

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get mine working with the energizer mat. Only problem is I found the charging sticker to be too bulky. Any reason why it needs to have a magnet attached between the contacts and the battery?

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
a Qi tag doesn't have a magnet attached to the tag. Are you still trying to use a palm touchstone coil built into the note II battery door with a Qi charger? or do you mean the charging coil inside the tag.

blacter

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
make sure the contacts on the tag are reaching and making good contact with the contacts on the phone. I got that with another tag that it wouldn't work well if at all. Also 1st generation Qi and 2nd generation Qi sometimes have problems working with each other. I use an energizer Qi charger and it works well with any Qi device, but I have heard that nokia's chargers are a bit picky. I guess depends on the implementation even though it's suppose to be all Qi universal.

I played with the contacts, but no luck. I'm bummed because I really like wireless charging. My guess is that most phones will have it eventually.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the LG WCP-700 charging mat and it works perfectly with my Nexus 4. Any definitive answers on the receiver pads that some are selling and if they work with the Note 2? The one I saw above was sold out on ebay.

anon(5439859)

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The one I got on ebay worked. I just think the thin black pad behind the wire contacts (about 1 mm thick) added too much extra weight and bulk to justify spending 70 for the charging setup. I'm wondering why the black pad is needed. Maybe to protect charging wires from contacting the battery itself?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I ended up ordering the pad and receiver off of fasttech (The one the OP was wondering about). Will write up a formal review once i get it and use it for a few days.

mitz85

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys, here is a link to my review! Enjoy!

Where's the link? I ordered the one from fast tech too and received it today in the mail and it doesn't work on my. Sgh-i317 :(

Here's the one I got :
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001946/1164400-qi-inductive-wireless-charging-upgrade-kit-for-sam

anon(5439859)

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I also got the one from fasttech and it worked for my ATT. Took me a few times playing with the contacts to get it placed right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36