02-26-2013 03:04 PM
52 123
tools
    Have a link for that case you talk about?
    I own two of these (one white and pink, the other white and gray):
    Case-Mate Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Pop Cases (Case-Mate NOTE2-POP), Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Cases, Covers, Accessories by Case-Mate | Case-Mate

And here's their 'tough' case:
    Case-Mate Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Tough Cases (Case-Mate NOTE2-TUF), Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Cases, Covers, Accessories by Case-Mate | Case-Mate

I've had experience with the Pop cases since I owned a Skyrocket and prefer them. They don't pop off the phone if it's dropped on a floor and it keeps the phone from being bulky, unlike the Otterbox cases. I've never used a tough case from CM. It looks very similar to the Pop one, just without the side grips and a more textured back. I'd probably try one out myself.
    01-27-2013 11:20 PM
    Like the other op said. Give it a week and the size seem not to bother you. It really feels normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    co24 likes this.
    01-30-2013 07:31 PM
    Once I sell this iPhone 5, I'm on to buying this note 2!!! White or Grey.....that is the question...hhmmmm
    02-02-2013 07:00 PM
    White!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    02-07-2013 06:38 PM
    I'm now in the same boat that the original poster was on in. Long time Apple user, had all the iPhones, currently highly considering switching from the i5 to the Note II. Prior to when I had an i4, I switched to an Android with the Samsung Infuse. This phone really sucked. Crashed a lot, I couldn't update without a PC. Ended up switching back. I'm going to pick up the Note II tomorrow, but my biggest concern is not being able to update without a PC (I only have a Mac). Has anyone run into this with the Note II?
    gadgetman#CB likes this.
    02-09-2013 06:52 PM
    I'm now in the same boat that the original poster was on in. Long time Apple user, had all the iPhones, currently highly considering switching from the i5 to the Note II. Prior to when I had an i4, I switched to an Android with the Samsung Infuse. This phone really sucked. Crashed a lot, I couldn't update without a PC. Ended up switching back. I'm going to pick up the Note II tomorrow, but my biggest concern is not being able to update without a PC (I only have a Mac). Has anyone run into this with the Note II?
    Dual boot.
    I installed win7 on my MBP and get both worlds.

Anyway, you can use kies air to update wirelessly. I also use iSyncr to syn my media between iTune and the Note 2. Works very well.

There are a lot you can do with the Note 2.

Have fun with your new toy, if you get one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-12-2013 08:12 PM
    i traded my iphone 5 with bestbuy and paid the extra and got the note 2 off contract 650.00 and i must say it is more than i ever though it would be,i consider myself a phone geek and using the note 2 makes me feel like i never used a smart phone before and that is a good thing.
    DroidXcon and Malkia75 like this.
    02-12-2013 08:48 PM
    i traded my iphone 5 with bestbuy and paid the extra and got the note 2 off contract 650.00 and i must say it is more than i ever though it would be,i consider myself a phone geek and using the note 2 makes me feel like i never used a smart phone before and that is a good thing.
    Great first post, congrats
    02-12-2013 08:50 PM
    Just so you know, I am LOVING the note! DO IT!

I also just have a mac and can't you just update OTA?
    02-14-2013 07:14 PM
    No doubt the note 2 is the phone to go to (and that's coming from someone with a GS3). Only reason i don't have it is because i gave mine to my gf.
    02-14-2013 10:45 PM
    Finally made the switch from the iPhone 5 to The GN2. Loving it so far. Love it so much that I've kept it stock - though nice to know that if I want to customize it, I CAN. Like most people have said in reviews, the i5 is a toy compared to the GN2. There's definitely a learning curve and I'm trying to wean myself off the iOS habits. The keyboard swype feature is freaking amazing and pretty much has been dead on accurate. I don't think I could go back to typing any other way. Fluidity is still better on the iPhone, but there's a laundry list of where the GN2 is far more advanced. I'm really digging this phone. Let's hope it doesn't fail me like the last Samsung Infuse I had.
    02-15-2013 10:49 AM
    I also jumped ship from an iPhone 4S to the Note 2 a little over a week ago, and so far I've very glad I did!
    02-15-2013 01:04 PM
    sounds like a lot of us iOS converts on here. i decided to try the note2 with at&t's risk-free 14 day trial period and wound up keeping it. i got used to it, and quite frankly, i had so much time invested in setting up the note2 i thought i'd give it a shot for the long haul. if you're curious about trying, it'll keep nagging you until you do, so just do it.

after three weeks, i can tell you that nothing beats iOS' smoothness of integration, crash-free operating, and just overall app reliability. apple will lead here from my perspective because they've always followed the long tech credo that if you want to make great software, you have to make the hardware. period.

it's been three weeks of watching my note2 reboot randomly, drop wifi at home, hang for 1 to 2 minutes at a time, and wonder what app vendors are reputable before downloading anything. not to mention each app's own navigation preferences, settings layout, etc. it's like moving from a completely reliable platform to the old dos/win95 platform. remember resetting himem just so you can get games to run? yeah, that's why the hacker in all of us likes the note2. i guess we just have to tinker.
    02-16-2013 06:28 AM
    rankar7, that's certainly not normal and it sounds to me like you might have a defective phone!
    02-16-2013 10:31 AM
    I've had my Note 2 for five weeks now after owning iphones for the last 3 years.
    I am so glad I made the switch! It has been a lot of fun learning a new OS.

Rankar7, I also have not had any of the problems you're having. The only issues I've had are with one of my e-mail accounts. It will randomly stop downloading new messages. I'm currently trying different settings to try and resolve this. Definitely not a deal breaker

02-16-2013 12:05 PM
    Personally, It's a little less then 2 weeks from my jumping ship from a iPhone 4S to the Note 2 (my first Android device) and So far, so good! My previous experience with smartphones has all been via iPhones.
    02-16-2013 12:20 PM
    not a dealbreaker for me too at this point, but when I look at much time i've spent fiddling around with settings, etc. it's really quite surprising how much time the note2 has taken to setup. I'm just talking setup here, not even troubleshooting. i guess the bottomline is if you like tinkering, have the time and the inclination, and customization is that important to you, then android is the way to go.

i'm now on my replacement note2 from at&t and the wifi problems still persist. looks like i have to get used to rebooting my phone everytime i walk into the house.

I've had my Note 2 for five weeks now after owning iphones for the last 3 years.
    I am so glad I made the switch! It has been a lot of fun learning a new OS.

Rankar7, I also have not had any of the problems you're having. The only issues I've had are with one of my e-mail accounts. It will randomly stop downloading new messages. I'm currently trying different settings to try and resolve this. Definitely not a deal breaker

02-16-2013 12:39 PM
    rankar7, two things. First, one doesn't really have to do any kind of extensive setup on the Note 2 to have a fully functioning device. Second, I don't have to reboot my Note 2 whenever I walk into the house and connect to my wi-fi. Sounds like you might have a configuration problem with your wireless router etc.... Honestly, it kinda seems you're just taking some pot shots at Android and the phone.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    02-16-2013 01:14 PM
    First of all, pot shots are counterproductive and I was not taking potshots. There's a reason I'm on here and that's to get answers and share my observations.

Second, I've never had to join a forum for a smartphone before to get answers.

Third, who said anything about an extensive setup? The time involved has been extensive. And besides, Android is touted as the customizable, free-form OS. so what's the point if you just need a fully functioning device and not be able to customize it (or watch what you're installing because that last app you just installed, or the bluetooth you activated, etc. could be causing your phone to crash)

And fourth, my note2 is the only device in my household (other than my note2, there are 4 iPhones, 1 ipad, 1 lenovo, 5 macbook pros, and assorted media devices that have never had continual reset/reboots when coming into wifi range) that resets, reboots, and/or hangs when I walk in the door and watch it switch from 4G cell to wifi.

Those are my observations.

Like I said, i'm on here to get answers and contribute where I can. If you have something to productive to add, then by all means please reply. Otherwise, I will continue to read about other people's similar experiences on here and see if I can reach a resolution. Like I said, the setup time is extensive.

And the time I've taken so far on the note2 (after two hardware resets and now a replaced note2) has easily exceeded the setup I've done on iPhone 1, 3G, and 4 combined. another observation.
    02-16-2013 01:33 PM
    not a dealbreaker for me too at this point, but when I look at much time i've spent fiddling around with settings, etc. it's really quite surprising how much time the note2 has taken to setup. I'm just talking setup here, not even troubleshooting. i guess the bottomline is if you like tinkering, have the time and the inclination, and customization is that important to you, then android is the way to go.

i'm now on my replacement note2 from at&t and the wifi problems still persist. looks like i have to get used to rebooting my phone everytime i walk into the house.
    This happens everywhere you go? Or just your home network. This had never happened to me very odd.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    02-16-2013 01:52 PM
    Rankar7, Just read this in another thread here.
    Yes, the security update. I installed it and my wifi issues have disappeared since then. Whether they come back again has yet to be seen.
    Have you tried this latest security update that came down yesterday from AT&T?
    02-16-2013 03:23 PM
    rankar7: I'm wondering if this has anything to do with a DHCP limit in your router settings? There is usually a limit on how many simultaneous wireless devices that can be supported, and it sounds like you have a number of devices that use it. Wondering if the value is set to low for your environment?
    02-16-2013 03:54 PM
    thanks droidxcon and eadgbe. i'll do a manual check for the update and give it a try and see what happens over the new few days.
    02-16-2013 03:55 PM
    I've never had that happen on any Droid..

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2
    02-16-2013 04:19 PM
    DO IT!!!! I had an Iphone 4 and have not missied it AT ALL! Love the note 2!

- - - Updated - - -

DO IT!!!! I had an Iphone 4 and have not missied it AT ALL! Love the note 2!
    02-19-2013 02:08 AM
52 123