Thinking of jumping from iPhone to GN2.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I was a long time Blackberry user and loved it, but looked at how much Android came a long in the last couple years, I was very intrigued as I was feeling that BB just wasn't advancing

Same here, I came from the original Pearl, to the Bold 9000, to the Torch 9800 and 9810. And I also felt that I wasn't getting the most out of my smartphone experience. Here Android was with all this advanced tech and I was on a slow, despite awesomely secure device. So I made the jump to a Skyrocket and Samsung and never looked back. Sure BB10 will be making its debut. But as the saying goes, "too little, too late".

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have been thinking of leaving my iPhone and getting a note 2 or a GS3. I am not currently eligible for an upgrade so I would have to pay full price. I had a HTC evo on sprint 2010-2012, so I am not a total android noon. I am getting bored with iOS and the current path apple seems to be on doesn't thrill me either. Even though all mobile devices work great together ( macbook,iphone ,iPad) I still have been wanting more from my phone. The small screen on my 4S is bothering me and I am loving the nexus 7 I bought last week.
If I purchase one of these 2 phones and decide that I'm not totally ready to make the switch will I be able to return it? I would still have the 30 days to return it for a full refund correct? Also, could someone reccomend a good podcast app? I am using podcast addict on the nexus right now and its OK, but is there better choices out there?

I'm also in the same boat as you. Had the 3g,4 and now the 5. I did have the Galaxy Nexus/Nexus 7 before I went to the iPhone 5/iPad Mini. So if had a taste of Android so for. I'm getting a little bored of my 5. I also will have to pay full price. That Note II screen is calling me though. Gonna keep my 5 just incase. My New Years resolution was to keep the same phone for a whole year. I have a problem of switching phones quite a bit smh. Not looking to good for me right now. I've only had the iPhone 5 since October lol.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the iPhone 5 since September on and off. I absolutely hate it. I actually prefer the 4S, of course it would be foolish to sell my 5 and buy that lol. I've also grown use to using LTE. I had the Note 2 but took it back after a week because I was disappointed with the lack of cases and OS. I want the Note 2 again, but I worry that its not wise to buy now outright with the S4 right around the corner. I just don't know if I can hold onto this piece of you know what iPhone until May (when the S4 is suppose to hit the states.)

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 2 but took it back after a week because I was disappointed with the lack of cases
The phone hasn't been out that long, but the case support is growing. I had to wait a few weeks for CM to make a Pop case for it, then I ended up buying two because they came out with different colors. Now CM has the tough case for the Note 2. You just have to be patient.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
The phone hasn't been out that long, but the case support is growing. I had to wait a few weeks for CM to make a Pop case for it, then I ended up buying two because they came out with different colors. Now CM has the tough case for the Note 2. You just have to be patient.

Have a link for that case you talk about?

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Have a link for that case you talk about?

I own two of these (one white and pink, the other white and gray):
Case-Mate Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Pop Cases (Case-Mate NOTE2-POP), Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Cases, Covers, Accessories by Case-Mate | Case-Mate

And here's their 'tough' case:
Case-Mate Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Tough Cases (Case-Mate NOTE2-TUF), Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Cases, Covers, Accessories by Case-Mate | Case-Mate

I've had experience with the Pop cases since I owned a Skyrocket and prefer them. They don't pop off the phone if it's dropped on a floor and it keeps the phone from being bulky, unlike the Otterbox cases. I've never used a tough case from CM. It looks very similar to the Pop one, just without the side grips and a more textured back. I'd probably try one out myself.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Like the other op said. Give it a week and the size seem not to bother you. It really feels normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

newportrocco

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm now in the same boat that the original poster was on in. Long time Apple user, had all the iPhones, currently highly considering switching from the i5 to the Note II. Prior to when I had an i4, I switched to an Android with the Samsung Infuse. This phone really sucked. Crashed a lot, I couldn't update without a PC. Ended up switching back. I'm going to pick up the Note II tomorrow, but my biggest concern is not being able to update without a PC (I only have a Mac). Has anyone run into this with the Note II?

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm now in the same boat that the original poster was on in. Long time Apple user, had all the iPhones, currently highly considering switching from the i5 to the Note II. Prior to when I had an i4, I switched to an Android with the Samsung Infuse. This phone really sucked. Crashed a lot, I couldn't update without a PC. Ended up switching back. I'm going to pick up the Note II tomorrow, but my biggest concern is not being able to update without a PC (I only have a Mac). Has anyone run into this with the Note II?

Dual boot.
I installed win7 on my MBP and get both worlds.

Anyway, you can use kies air to update wirelessly. I also use iSyncr to syn my media between iTune and the Note 2. Works very well.

There are a lot you can do with the Note 2.

Have fun with your new toy, if you get one :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

falconsfan1978

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
i traded my iphone 5 with bestbuy and paid the extra and got the note 2 off contract 650.00 and i must say it is more than i ever though it would be,i consider myself a phone geek and using the note 2 makes me feel like i never used a smart phone before and that is a good thing.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i traded my iphone 5 with bestbuy and paid the extra and got the note 2 off contract 650.00 and i must say it is more than i ever though it would be,i consider myself a phone geek and using the note 2 makes me feel like i never used a smart phone before and that is a good thing.
Great first post, congrats :)

mfranks985

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Just so you know, I am LOVING the note! DO IT!

I also just have a mac and can't you just update OTA?

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
No doubt the note 2 is the phone to go to (and that's coming from someone with a GS3). Only reason i don't have it is because i gave mine to my gf.

newportrocco

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Finally made the switch from the iPhone 5 to The GN2. Loving it so far. Love it so much that I've kept it stock - though nice to know that if I want to customize it, I CAN. Like most people have said in reviews, the i5 is a toy compared to the GN2. There's definitely a learning curve and I'm trying to wean myself off the iOS habits. The keyboard swype feature is freaking amazing and pretty much has been dead on accurate. I don't think I could go back to typing any other way. Fluidity is still better on the iPhone, but there's a laundry list of where the GN2 is far more advanced. I'm really digging this phone. Let's hope it doesn't fail me like the last Samsung Infuse I had.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
sounds like a lot of us iOS converts on here. i decided to try the note2 with at&t's risk-free 14 day trial period and wound up keeping it. i got used to it, and quite frankly, i had so much time invested in setting up the note2 i thought i'd give it a shot for the long haul. if you're curious about trying, it'll keep nagging you until you do, so just do it.

after three weeks, i can tell you that nothing beats iOS' smoothness of integration, crash-free operating, and just overall app reliability. apple will lead here from my perspective because they've always followed the long tech credo that if you want to make great software, you have to make the hardware. period.

it's been three weeks of watching my note2 reboot randomly, drop wifi at home, hang for 1 to 2 minutes at a time, and wonder what app vendors are reputable before downloading anything. not to mention each app's own navigation preferences, settings layout, etc. it's like moving from a completely reliable platform to the old dos/win95 platform. remember resetting himem just so you can get games to run? yeah, that's why the hacker in all of us likes the note2. i guess we just have to tinker.

metalgirl3

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Note 2 for five weeks now after owning iphones for the last 3 years.
I am so glad I made the switch! It has been a lot of fun learning a new OS.

Rankar7, I also have not had any of the problems you're having. The only issues I've had are with one of my e-mail accounts. It will randomly stop downloading new messages. I'm currently trying different settings to try and resolve this. Definitely not a deal breaker :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance