I do have the flip case with the "ability" to charge wirelessly, but all the youtube videos I see have these massive changes to give it the ability to charge wirelessly. -NFC. Now I am reading articles about "It will only charge with QI magnetic induction" not every powermat uses this. I know many of you are well versed in these type of options. Can someone give me a clearer explanation? please?
    I have the NFC flip cover, "supposedly able to charge wirelessy"
    I was looking at a Duracell PowerMat (QI able?).....Then the Energizer PowerMat, (which is QI compliant...???) I am lost Which can I use? Are they worth it? Does wireless charging really work?
    01-19-2013 11:10 AM
    Well, for starters I dont really know all that much about the wireless charging and its ways but I do know nfc has nothing to do with charging. Nfc is a form of communication between smartphones to send and receive data.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
    destefmx6 likes this.
    01-19-2013 11:22 AM
    Thanks. Every bit helps. And that was one of the things that confused me. It seemed everything I checked mentioned the NFC with the wireless in the same sentence, so I put it together.....
    Well, for starters I dont really know all that much about the wireless charging and its ways but I do know nfc has nothing to do with charging. Nfc is a form of communication between smartphones to send and receive data.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
    01-19-2013 11:54 AM
    I believe what you are seeing is peopl3 wanting to know if nfc is lost or interfered with sinc3 the nfc chip is on the back of the phone. With wireless charging there is a different chip in its place. Wireless charging works by magnetic induction. Personally I dont see the point of wireless charging since the phone has to lay on something in order to charge. Also it has to be less efficient thqn direct connection so this will cause longer charge times.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-19-2013 03:36 PM