Multi View Update Screen Rotation Bug Confirmed.

SiriusXM

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I did a Factory Reset a few hours ago - I'm trying that out right now.

Hmmm maybe something else is wrong with your because whenever it happens to me I used to do a fast restart and it would work again immediately. Until I found the trick about going to any app that would normally rotate then hold the back button until the multi window tab appears then rotate the phone and viola. It fixs it.

YoThatsMyFresh

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Did a factory reset late last night - no screen orientation freezes yet. I did have some wifi issues last night as well - but they seem to have been resolved as today- Last night my wifi was disconnecting every 20 minutes - did another reset - all seems to be well now.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Did a factory reset late last night - no screen orientation freezes yet. I did have some wifi issues last night as well - but they seem to have been resolved as today- Last night my wifi was disconnecting every 20 minutes - did another reset - all seems to be well now.

Don't forget to disable the AT&T smart Wi-Fi again.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

SiriusXM

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

Did you root your note 2?

SiriusXM

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok so my screen got stuck again today. I tried holding the back button until the multi window tab displayed and it didn't work immediately. So I opened up groove ip* and then I rotated the phone and it worked. Then I tried another app but it didn't work so I hold the back button again until the multi window tab displayed again, then I turned off the screen and turned it back on again, and I tried rotating and now every app rotates normally.

*You have to find an app that is immune to the screen bug. Mines is groove ip. Open that app, rotate screen, close app, go to a different app, hold back until the multi window tab shows, then turn off just the screen then turn it back on and then rotation problem is fixed.

Last edited:

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok so my screen got stuck again today. I tried holding the back button until the multi window tab displayed and it didn't work immediately. So I opened up groove ip* and then I rotated the phone and it worked. Then I tried another app but it didn't work so I hold the back button again until the multi window tab displayed again, then I turned off the screen and turned it back on again, and I tried rotating and now every app rotates normally.

*You have to find an app that is immune to the screen bug. Mines is groove ip. Open that app, rotate screen, close app, go to a different app, hold back until the multi window tab shows, then turn off just the screen then turn it back on and then rotation problem is fixed.

Yeah, I open up the camera and that usually does it.

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
is a Hardware or software problem?... im thinking about a return to att office

Given that the issue arose after the multi-window update, and given that sometimes the auto-rotate feature does work intermittently after not working for a while, I'd strongly suggest that it's a software problem, which means that it's more likely to get fixed. And since it's not just limited to a few users, and since the phone is a flagship, it should get fixed in the next major update (hopefully).

While this is not related to the auto-rotation bug at all, I think there's another bug that's significantly more critical: the location services don't work after a few days since booting up the phone. While they do work on Google Maps and Google Earth, they don't work on other apps like the AccuWeather home-screen widget or any other apps that require location access. I'm trying to see if waiting it out will cause the bug to fix itself, or if rebooting is going to be the only fix. Checking and unchecking the location service options ("Use wireless networks" and "Location and Google Search") does not fix the problem. I'm thinking that this is a software problem too. Is anyone else having the same problems?

Vantrippy

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Given that the issue arose after the multi-window update, and given that sometimes the auto-rotate feature does work intermittently after not working for a while, I'd strongly suggest that it's a software problem, which means that it's more likely to get fixed. And since it's not just limited to a few users, and since the phone is a flagship, it should get fixed in the next major update (hopefully).

While this is not related to the auto-rotation bug at all, I think there's another bug that's significantly more critical: the location services don't work after a few days since booting up the phone. While they do work on Google Maps and Google Earth, they don't work on other apps like the AccuWeather home-screen widget or any other apps that require location access. I'm trying to see if waiting it out will cause the bug to fix itself, or if rebooting is going to be the only fix. Checking and unchecking the location service options ("Use wireless networks" and "Location and Google Search") does not fix the problem. I'm thinking that this is a software problem too. Is anyone else having the same problems?

1. sir thank you very much for the information, reassured me, all you have logic argues. I will be patient waiting for the fix. I read this post in its entirety, is helpful. thanks

2. what you say about the location, I've noticed with the application called beautyfull witgets, as I had to manually select the location.

3. samsung'm officially confirm this bug?...

ty all

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon