All-in-one box shows ram

mitz85

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi have installed the all in one box app that tells you about your phone in terms of ram, rom usage etc. my ram keeps showing low percentages like 3%. So I have to keep pressing quick boost to get the numbers up. I took some apps off from the processes screen. I restarted my phone and now the number of ram is in the 40% and when I quick boost it goes up to 70%. What is Ram?

Sorry I am a noob and as you can tell I do not know much about computers. Does anyone use this app? And can you giveme tips or how to use the app to make my phone work the best so it won't lagg and use a lot of memory erc....

( I switched from iPhone n now l love my GN2!!)

Thank you

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I dont know about this particular app but I do know that the gn2 has this function built in. Hold the home button for a few seconds and on lower left push the pie chart. Select ram on next screen and there you have the option to free ram.

Sent via Tapatalk

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I dont know about this particular app but I do know that the gn2 has this function built in. Hold the home button for a few seconds and on lower left push the pie chart. Select ram on next screen and there you have the option to free ram.

Sent via Tapatalk

What will happen when you Clear Memory in the Ram Manager section?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Ram is the memory in which running programs reside. Programs are stored in ram so thst when you need them they will respond and load faster. If you have to mess with ram at all it should be to remove running program to free up memory. You do NOT want to artificially fill up ram or boost the numbers. Remember lower used is better here. Clearing ram only shuts down open programs...which ultimately makes your phone run faster. If you hold your home button a few seconds the screen that pops up will show you all of your open programs. To close each one tap and slide it to the right. This is basically the same as clearing ram because the closed program is no longer sitting in ram waiting to be opened.

I would assume that why apple doesnt speak about these kinds of things or give this kind of access to the end user. Because the average consumer has no idea how an actual computer works.

Sent via Tapatalk

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ram is the memory in which running programs reside. Programs are stored in ram so thst when you need them they will respond and load faster. If you have to mess with ram at all it should be to remove running program to free up memory. You do NOT want to artificially fill up ram or boost the numbers. Remember lower used is better here. Clearing ram only shuts down open programs...which ultimately makes your phone run faster. If you hold your home button a few seconds the screen that pops up will show you all of your open programs. To close each one tap and slide it to the right. This is basically the same as clearing ram because the closed program is no longer sitting in ram waiting to be opened.

I would assume that why apple doesnt speak about these kinds of things or give this kind of access to the end user. Because the average consumer has no idea how an actual computer works.

Sent via Tapatalk

You the man!!! Thanks!!!