Below is a link to the Samsung Photo Editor and Video Editor (Latest Versions) I am using the Photo Editor..its the Samsung App that everyone is raving about.

https://twitter.com/Note2Repository
    01-24-2013 11:28 PM
    YOU! ... are AWESOME! This updated photo editor does not crash when using the Stickers menu.
    01-25-2013 10:30 AM
    Lostchild...did you see the other stuff thats there as well? There is a Journal as well.
    01-25-2013 10:48 AM
    Lostchild...did you see the other stuff thats there as well? There is a Journal as well.
    Not the Journal. I don't think I will use it. I did downloaded the Video Editor, but it doesn't seem to have the function I wanted. I was looking for a free Note II editor that does trim and rotate. And that's all I really needed. But most of them only do one or another. I finally ended up just upload video to Youtube and use the Youtube editor online. It is actually easier.
    01-25-2013 11:48 AM
    Not the Journal. I don't think I will use it. I did downloaded the Video Editor, but it doesn't seem to have the function I wanted. I was looking for a free Note II editor that does trim and rotate. And that's all I really needed. But most of them only do one or another. I finally ended up just upload video to Youtube and use the Youtube editor online. It is actually easier.
    Do you know anything about the Journal. I assume its a Samsung Journal App. Im scratching my head...why for goodness sake were these wonderful tools removed from our AT&T Note2's?
    Also, there was Application Monitor..I am guess thats whats on LucidMike's Note2 when he does videos. I wonder what that really does as well.
    01-25-2013 01:20 PM
    Also, there was Application Monitor..I am guess thats whats on LucidMike's Note2 when he does videos. I wonder what that really does as well.
    Yeah I saw the video too. I think it is the same one. If it is, then it is a widget to put on your home page to monitor which app is actively using the CPU. You can get the same info if you go into the app manager app, but the widget will show on the home page to warn you if you see red.. that some app is running wild.
    01-25-2013 03:18 PM
    What does the Application Monitor do?
    Can someone please explain, Thanks!!!
    01-25-2013 03:39 PM
    Lostchild lucidmikes version 18 explains the app monitor. Awesome, 28 explains the photo editor and the rave on Samsungs Photo Desk. He also did a explanantion on 4.1.2 and what they did, however he is on the international GN2.
    01-25-2013 05:24 PM
    Below is a link to the Samsung Photo Editor and Video Editor (Latest Versions) I am using the Photo Editor..its the Samsung App that everyone is raving about.

https://twitter.com/Note2Repository
    I linked your post in a different forum here on android central. I hope you dont mind. I gave credit to you as well. Another member had an issue with jedi x rom not installing the samsung appstore.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-25-2013 05:29 PM
    Lostchild lucidmikes version 18 explains the app monitor. Awesome, 28 explains the photo editor and the rave on Samsungs Photo Desk. He also did a explanantion on 4.1.2 and what they did, however he is on the international GN2.
    Thanks!!!
    01-25-2013 05:45 PM
    I linked your post in a different forum here on android central. I hope you dont mind. I gave credit to you as well. Another member had an issue with jedi x rom not installing the samsung appstore.

Sent via Tapatalk
    My pleasure, thank you for the many times you helped me as well
    01-25-2013 06:07 PM

Sent via Tapatalk
    Jdub
    A quick question. I am debating about disabling the following items: ChatOn, MusicHub (can I still use the player..separate app), MediaHub, Samsung Suggest...these are all items I do not use.
    Any co application consequences by doing so?
    01-26-2013 01:54 PM
    Before I rooted I disabled and hid all those items. I dont buy music online all that much. I mostly use the stock music player and mx player for videos.

Now rooted I can choose to not to install any of those apps. Each app is designed to be independent. No need to have multiple apps that do the same thing. Just another reason to disable the att bloatware.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-26-2013 03:55 PM
    Before I rooted I disabled and hid all those items. I dont buy music online all that much. I mostly use the stock music player and mx player for videos.

Now rooted I can choose to not to install any of those apps. Each app is designed to be independent. No need to have multiple apps that do the same thing. Just another reason to disable the att bloatware.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Jdub
    Look at LucidMikes #18 video...it explains the the app monitor...we dont have that on our phones presently. It was however with the other apps..its a widgget and shows when a app misbehaves! YOUVE BEEN A BAD BOY!
    01-26-2013 04:53 PM
    There are many things that were not included with the north american version of our phone. The korean version, where I believe Samsung is based out of, has a builtin digital tv tuner witha retractable antenna.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-26-2013 05:29 PM
    There are many things that were not included with the north american version of our phone. The korean version, where I believe Samsung is based out of, has a builtin digital tv tuner witha retractable antenna.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Jdub
    I love this Note2. Its the most incredible phone I've ever owned. Its funny, Usally by 6 weeks or so, Im usually looking at everything new and drooling. The Galaxy Note2 put a whammy on me. I really havent looked at anyth8ng else and I've no desire to. Between you and the others on AC and LucidMike and his Daily Note 2 videos, there isnt another device that has received this level of support.
    if im able to find out what happened in the 2 updates especially the first wh8ch was undisclosed by AT&T, maybe ill be able the put the pieces of puzzle together and ascertain what caused the change in Battery performance. Tell you what when I clear ram it says 45 apps closed. If 8 hit it again it says closed 16 apps.. thats alot of apps that im unaware of.
    01-26-2013 05:41 PM
    Remember that hitting the home button does not close apps. It merely suspends them in ram so that the next time you open them it remembers where you left off. The back button next to the home button is what actually closes apps when you are done. If you are like me then you probably use the home button most of the time. Each app has its UI (user interface) and that is the part you interact with. But on the back end these apps have other things it does in the background. Each of these things has its own executable. So when you clear ram you are actually clearing both. And some of these apps will automatically restsrt themselves because of the way thwy are programmed.

When you download an app from the playstore there is a part that says exactly what that app does and which part of the phone it interacts with. By downloading the app you are giving permission to do these things. I assume these are the things you are talking about clearing. Am I correct?

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-26-2013 06:13 PM
    Remember that hitting the home button does not close apps. It merely suspends them in ram so that the next time you open them it remembers where you left off. The back button next to the home button is what actually closes apps when you are done. If you are like me then you probably use the home button most of the time. Each app has its UI (user interface) and that is the part you interact with. But on the back end these apps have other things it does in the background. Each of these things has its own executable. So when you clear ram you are actually clearing both. And some of these apps will automatically restsrt themselves because of the way thwy are programmed.

When you download an app from the playstore there is a part that says exactly what that app does and which part of the phone it interacts with. By downloading the app you are giving permission to do these things. I assume these are the things you are talking about clearing. Am I correct?

Sent via Tapatalk
    Actually im going into task manager and checking active and ram. When I clear the Ram it says its closing 46 apps (LOL)
    im trying to catch any offending battery usage. So far I noticed that in manage apps the internet version has been changed to 4.1.2, and there are a bunch more items listed in running.
    Im frustrated because I had nothing disable, wifi was always on, I had incredible batt times. Since the 2 updates that has changed. I would like to understand why.
    I dont do well with " Unexplained Force ". Im probably referring to the undisclosed att update.
    01-26-2013 06:46 PM
    Unfortunately the update you downloaded. I mean 4.1.2. Well it came included with all the updates for the att apps. Thats why it takes so long for the carriers to release updates. Because they have to make changes to there own apps to make them compatible with the new android version. My advice is to go through the app manager and uninstall all the att updates then disable each app. You dont need them. Android comes equipped with most of these app by default and there are evn better apps in the playstore. The att apps are more trouble than they are worth

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-26-2013 07:37 PM
    Jdub
    There were 2 separate updates. On one of the evenings around 7pm I noticed the gray and red diagnal arrows next to the AT&T logo in the upper left of the display. I decided to open notifications because I didn't know what the heck was going on. When I opened notifications shade it said...." Connecting to DNR Servers ". There was no notif8cation of a update of anykind.
    Several days later I received the notice for the 4.1.2 update and updated the device.
    I probably made 9 or 10 phone calls regarding the first incident necause clearly I wanted to know what had happened with the first incident (automatic update). BTW you cant ignor it I tried to.
    Samsung and AT&T both confirmed that there was a unannounced or undisclosed update, and it came from AT&T not Samsung.
    It had nothing to do with the 4.1.2 update. I was then informed by a AT&T data supervisor that they can now make automatic updates to their proprietary software without disclosure.
    In the meanwhile, im still trying to find out what was done.
    01-26-2013 10:41 PM
    Oh my bad. I didnt know exactly what you meant. I myself have received zero updates. I have been rooted since november about a week after I got the phone.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-26-2013 11:50 PM