Whenever I receive a text from my wife from her iPhone to my GN2 there is a play button whenever she attaches photos. And when I hit play they are always 20 secs long and about half way then the photo shows up and then at the 20 second mark it goes back to the main messaging screen. I cant save or download the pic. It does this with the default Messaging app and I have tried Handcent. Any ideas? Or tips?

Thanks,
    Chris
    01-25-2013 02:38 PM
    I have seen this too. It was a setting I had to change in the phone. Cant remember where it is but it has sonething to do with downloading attachments. Might try looking at the setting for messages.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-25-2013 05:23 PM
    I have seen this too. It was a setting I had to change in the phone. Cant remember where it is but it has sonething to do with downloading attachments. Might try looking at the setting for messages.

Sent via Tapatalk
    couldn't find anything like that and I dig through every setting. This is really bugging me
    01-25-2013 09:39 PM
    Its the way the stock messenger works. try using a third party messenager like handcent or go sms
    01-25-2013 09:47 PM
    Ok I got it figured out. If this is what you are seeing
    Then make sure this box is checked to auto download messages

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-25-2013 10:45 PM
    This is a problem with the stock message app on the Note II. If someone on the iPhone send you 1 picture on MMS without any text or any other pic in the same message, it will show up fine as a picture. But if they add text or multiple pictures in the same message, the stock message app will turn them into a slide show. You can actually save the picture, but you cannot do it while you are still inside the slide show. You have to go back to the message thread screen and then you could download it from there.

Like someone else suggested, if you want to avoid the slide show, switch to a 3rd party MMS app like Go SMS Pro or Handcent.
    01-26-2013 11:27 PM
    Like someone else suggested, if you want to avoid the slide show, switch to a 3rd party MMS app like Go SMS Pro or Handcent.
    I don't suggest this either, I have tried both for periods of time and I wasn't getting my MMS messages at all. I have reverted back to the stock messaging app and I just long press the message and download the pictures and open them in gallery. I know this isn't a perfect solution, however, for this phone, I'll tolerate one tic.... = )
    01-27-2013 01:54 AM
    I don't suggest this either, I have tried both for periods of time and I wasn't getting my MMS messages at all. I have reverted back to the stock messaging app and I just long press the message and download the pictures and open them in gallery. I know this isn't a perfect solution, however, for this phone, I'll tolerate one tic.... = )
    I switched to Go SMS Pro two months ago and it never gave me any problem. If it was just the slide show problem, I probably would have stayed with the stock message app. But the bigger problem is the stock message app does not handle group messages well. It is very hard to following a thread when the app separated it out to 10 different ones.
    01-27-2013 11:28 AM
    I get mine just fine with GO SMS Pro and have in the past as well with Handcent. Only problem is I don't really care for the look of either of the apps.
    01-29-2013 09:16 AM
    I get mine just fine with GO SMS Pro and have in the past as well with Handcent. Only problem is I don't really care for the look of either of the apps.
    Not sure if it was a setting or an AT&T issue, just couldn't get any pictures being sent my way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    01-29-2013 09:48 AM