Hey all which 64gb class 10 micro sd should i buy for my GN2? Samsubg's or sandisk? Not too good with computers so I might need layman terms. Lol. Thanks
    01-27-2013 08:45 PM
    Class 10 anything else is slow. Buy whichever is cheapest. I bought mine on amazon for $47. I think the price may have gone up since then though.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-27-2013 08:58 PM
    I am using SanDisk with no problems since last August on my GS3. Agree with looking for best price, but I would only buy from legit sources. Counterfeit cards are out there...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    01-27-2013 10:16 PM
    Some people are saying that the sandisk cards are having issues in samsung devices, especially the S3.

Could be hit or miss.

I use samsung cards in my note 2 and note 10, as a just in case. My cards are 32 gb, not 64 gb, as I am not going to pay $60 or more for a memory card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    01-28-2013 01:10 AM
    My wife is using the sandisk 64 sdxc in her s3 and I am using the sandisk 64 sdxc in my note II. It is a class 10. No issues. However I did format the cards in their respective phones prior to use. Then I copied my music files and pics over. I bought from best buy. $49 online pick up at store or ship to house. $59 if you buy instore. The card does come with the sd adapter.

01-28-2013 08:48 AM
    Some people are saying that the sandisk cards are having issues in samsung devices, especially the S3.

Could be hit or miss.

I use samsung cards in my note 2 and note 10, as a just in case. My cards are 32 gb, not 64 gb, as I am not going to pay $60 or more for a memory card.

I wonder: does the Note 2 have the same motherboard as the S3? I have a Class 10 SanDisk 32 GB card installed to save me the trouble of putting back all my music/documents/etc. in the event of factory resetting the phone. It's been about a month since I got the card, and so far I have zero issues with it, but I don't want to find out one day that it has been fried due to the same problem that the S3 has. No one wants to go through that.
    01-28-2013 10:39 AM
    I wonder: does the Note 2 have the same motherboard as the S3? I have a Class 10 SanDisk 32 GB card installed to save me the trouble of putting back all my music/documents/etc. in the event of factory resetting the phone. It's been about a month since I got the card, and so far I have zero issues with it, but I don't want to find out one day that it has been fried due to the same problem that the S3 has. No one wants to go through that.
    I have never heard of any issues with SanDisk. I have used them in an S3, my current Note 10.1 and in my Note 2. By the way, look for sales. They have them at Best Buy frequently, and you can get 64 gig cards for $50 and sometimes less.
    01-28-2013 11:41 AM
    Thanks all!
    01-28-2013 03:01 PM
    I recently added the SanDisk Extreme Pro Class 10 95 MB/S to my GN2. It is Wicked Fast! I did format it after I installed it. I have had no problems at all. However I will add that I suspect that the people having problems with their SD cards probably handled them incorrectly! NEVER let your fingers touch the gold contacts. Your fingers have oil on them, and NO (I repeat NO) you can not wash the oil off of your skin. Depending on the person that oil will be more or less detrimental to the connection, thereby producing all kinds of errors. I just want to slap the Customer Service Rep when they install the SIM card and put their grubby fingers on the contacts (This too will produce even more random problems with any phone). I ALWAYS warn them first. If you do get your finger on the contacts, use a Q-Tip moistened with (not dripping please) Denatured Alcohol to clean the contacts. Be sure that all is dry before using.
    jeffrey10000, mitz85 and pwrauto like this.
    01-29-2013 08:02 PM
    I recently added the SanDisk Extreme Pro Class 10 95 MB/S to my GN2. It is Wicked Fast! I did format it after I installed it. I have had no problems at all. However I will add that I suspect that the people having problems with their SD cards probably handled them incorrectly! NEVER let your fingers touch the gold contacts. Your fingers have oil on them, and NO (I repeat NO) you can not wash the oil off of your skin. Depending on the person that oil will be more or less detrimental to the connection, thereby producing all kinds of errors. I just want to slap the Customer Service Rep when they install the SIM card and put their grubby fingers on the contacts (This too will produce even more random problems with any phone). I ALWAYS warn them first. If you do get your finger on the contacts, use a Q-Tip moistened with (not dripping please) Denatured Alcohol to clean the contacts. Be sure that all is dry before using.
    You are so correct. This is the is biggest reason for SIM failures and it goes unnoticed by most everyone.

02-10-2013 08:21 PM
    do you realize that sandisk rebadges samsung toshiba memory and puts a mark up in price?
    This company is fraudulent and samsung allowed this company to continue fraud the customerof cheaper flash options

so stop buying sandisk. They dont make it anyway. They buy and rebadge. Its called plagiarism
    03-15-2013 07:54 PM