Jelly Bean or Android 4.2.1

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any info on 4.2, when we can possibly expect to see it on the GN2, obviouslly what can be expected in enhancements or new items.
Thank you

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You're only going to get speculation on this one. I love samsung stuff and have owned a number of their phones now. Given their poor history of deploying updates, and carriers helping the delay of deployment, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any info on 4.2, when we can possibly expect to see it on the GN2, obviouslly what can be expected in enhancements or new items.
Thank you

I finally got to a point that I was tired of waiting and flashed CleanROM. Scott does an awesome job!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
There are some roms out now that are based on 4.2.1. I havent tried them yet. Im still stuck on CleanRom 1.2

Sent via Tapatalk

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I believe all CleanROM versions are base off of 4.1.2 Jelly Bean...... I have CleanROM 3.5 and its 4.1.2

My bad, got crossed on the version.
I remember reading somewhere that Scott was awaiting some bug fixes prior to moving forward.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

But Samsung hasn't released the source code yet have they? Once that's done it shouldn't be too long(just my guess).

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I believe that its google thst must release the source code. Right now its exclusive to googles own nexus hardware.

Sent via Tapatalk

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I believe that its google thst must release the source code. Right now its exclusive to googles own nexus hardware.

Sent via Tapatalk

Lol! Doh! :D:banghead:

Thank you sir! Now I will know and knowing is half the battle (GI JOE)! :D

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have it! ...on my Nexus 4...sorry could not resist! We all know the drill with Sammy and ATT...wait for it...wait for it...good thing the Note 2 is running like a CHAMP as is!

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have it! ...on my Nexus 4...sorry could not resist! We all know the drill with Sammy and ATT...wait for it...wait for it...good thing the Note 2 is running like a CHAMP as is!

Jelly Bean 4.1.2 vs 4.2.1..... whats the difference?

Besides I hear 4.2.1 has its bugs and doesn't play well with other Android phones.... 4.1.2 is a winner for the GN2.:cool:

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Some new feature called daydream. Its can also do spherical panoramic photos. I think is has a nicer keyboard as well.

Several otger features as well vut these are all I can think of at the moment.

Sent via Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Jelly Bean 4.1.2 vs 4.2.1..... whats the difference?

Besides I hear 4.2.1 has its bugs and doesn't play well with other Android phones.... 4.1.2 is a winner for the GN2.:cool:

I heard all the horror stories also. I did not update my Nexus 7 for 2 weeks researching the bugs etc. I have not had ANY issues on 4.2.1. It is the same for any device, some people have issues and others do not. That said, with touchwiz, it is hard to know what is a OS difference and an Android change.

The picture thing is very cool on my Nexus 4 but make no mistake unless you just want the latest OS, which you know we will not have on the Note 2 or any other phone except a Nexus, you are not missing much in terms of functionality. I was just glad the Note 2 shipped with JB an we got the multiscreen update fairly fast.

Of course it will be a different story when KLP comes out in 2nd or 3rd quarter.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, sane here, but you know, for once in not all gung Ho about it. The only feature I like in 4.2 is the photosphere, so for me n they have a greater chance of messing up something.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Same here! I want to say I saw a mod mentioned long before I began messing with this phone. It may be some way to uncountable it, but I'm not sure if it's out there.

But I really would like it also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke