I was watching the webcast of the BB 10 launch. Whoa Nellie. RIM is now going to call itself "BlackBerry," and the new handsets can almost, sort of do what the Androids (especially Samsung) has been doing for well over a year. I shouldn't be mean, though, I was a BB person, myself, until not so long ago. And the screen, well...It's like the iPhone; in other words, essentially an app drawer, with a size of a whopping 4.2 inches. Oh, there I go sniping again. I wish BlackBerry well. More competition is only a good thing. But, I'm staying where I am.
    01-30-2013 10:21 AM
    I owned a few BB devices myself (original Pearl; three Bold 9000s, and both Torch 9800 and 9810). But I really got fed up with the boot times and how slow RIM was to come out with anything that kept up with the competition. BB10 is way too late to make me look back from owning Samsung phones (especially now that I have a Note 2) for over a year now.
    01-30-2013 10:27 AM
    I may get one to play with. I doubt it could ever replace my daily driver though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    01-30-2013 11:48 AM
    It's a good looking phone (z10) and pretty cool UI however, I won't switch to BB.
    I wish them luck and sure hope to take some of the shine away from the iPhone like some other phones have.
    01-30-2013 04:24 PM
    I may get one to play with. I doubt it could ever replace my daily driver though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    If I had your kind of money id burn mine...play with?...pssh. must be nice.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-30-2013 07:52 PM
    BlackBerry will Never, Ever, see a broken penny from me. I got screwed on 2 of their phones..the last 9700 got caught up in the scandel that RIM was forcing the carriers to distribute the 9700 with known serious issues.
    They missed the boat. Go peddle your toilet paper elsewhere.
    01-30-2013 09:25 PM
    I think they definitely have something with these new phones. I hope they can capture 3rd place and get back some success.
    HafeezAkmal likes this.
    01-30-2013 09:28 PM
    I would love a Z10. I had the first curve, the first pearl, the first storm, the first torch and the last torch. Enjoyed BBM but after having my Skyrocket... Would never go back. Nothing against BB, I just love the customisation that you have on Droid. So I'm going to stick with my Skyrocket. But all the best to Blackberry and I hope that they can take up their usual spot behind Samsung and Apple on the smartphone scene

Chimed in by Coach Urk
    HafeezAkmal likes this.
    01-30-2013 09:39 PM
    I would love a Z10. I had the first curve, the first pearl, the first storm, the first torch and the last torch. Enjoyed BBM but after having my Skyrocket... Would never go back. Nothing against BB, I just love the customisation that you have on Droid. So I'm going to stick with my Skyrocket. But all the best to Blackberry and I hope that they can take up their usual spot behind Samsung and Apple on the smartphone scene

Chimed in by Coach Urk
    That's another thing BB had in its favor, it still had more customization than the iphone. Sure all you could was change the wallpaper or theme but you didnt have to hack or jailbreak it to do so.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    01-30-2013 09:48 PM
    i used BB for 3 years. BB10 phone looks nice but the OS is still waaaaay behind.
    whats a phone without good apps?? i have struggled to find a simple alarm apps when i was using it.
    there were none or the very few they had was paid!! then i decided never to use BB(although i used it for work)

They screwed it up. they were once on top thinking no one can shake them and never innovated.

screw you BB. karma is on your way
    01-30-2013 09:59 PM
    i used BB for 3 years. BB10 phone looks nice but the OS is still waaaaay behind.
    whats a phone without good apps?? i have struggled to find a simple alarm apps when i was using it.
    there were none or the very few they had was paid!! then i decided never to use BB(although i used it for work)

They screwed it up. they were once on top thinking no one can shake them and never innovated.

screw you BB. karma is on your way
    Karma hit them for the past several years with a stock price that fell faster than a rock, more and more people leaving them for Apple and then Android, etc. Now they actually have innovated quite a bit, so I think they deserve at least a little glory back.

Besides now Apple is making that exact same mistake you mention RIM making, and it doesn't look like they're gonna be like RIM and smarten up. They seem to wanna stick to their dream world.
    TheOtherBill likes this.
    01-30-2013 10:07 PM
    Karma hit them for the past several years with a stock price that fell faster than a rock, more and more people leaving them for Apple and then Android, etc. Now they actually have innovated quite a bit, so I think they deserve at least a little glory back.

Besides now Apple is making that exact same mistake you mention RIM making, and it doesn't look like they're gonna be like RIM and smarten up. They seem to wanna stick to their dream world.
    you are right and i agree that they made ton of changes in BB10. i read a little bit of BB10 review and Z10 review in crackberry.com
    Google has never stopped adding features to Android. lets say if Google didn't update android for 2 years and only update with bug fixes and icon changes would you still use android??

thats what RIM did!! none what so ever. All they did was just updated BB market and updated the look and feel of the OS.
    its like RIM thought they are unshakable and didnt really care about consumers. now when they go down they beg the consumers?? nope you are lost for me.
    I once had good feeling about BB now its all down the drain. Love Android and my Nexus 4 and 10. never turning back to any other OS
    01-30-2013 10:20 PM
    I love how most of the people from AC ask in the Note 2 section. I don't know how you'd go from 5.5 inches to 4.2!

Tom :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Lanhoj, BeRich and cinnamin like this.
    01-30-2013 11:23 PM
    Was a die hard bb fan. Had a 8300, 9000, 9700 then looked at the I think it was a 9800 but went to iphone then. They really lost their way and failed to innovate. My company just switched our company phones from bb to iphone 5. Over 5500 units!

Can't go back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    01-30-2013 11:47 PM
    Was a die hard bb fan. Had a 8300, 9000, 9700 then looked at the I think it was a 9800 but went to iphone then. They really lost their way and failed to innovate. My company just switched our company phones from bb to iphone 5. Over 5500 units!

Can't go back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    Same here. I was a BB devotee, but, like you said, they failed to innovate. BB got me started as a tech junkie, but they didn't keep up. More competition only helps us all as consumers, and I wish them well, but, this may be too little too late. I don't see people abandoning their Samsung, HTC or Apple devices in droves at this late date. And it's too bad.

I guess Apple can exist with a stand alone platform like IOS (for now, anyway); I don't think RIM/BlackBerry can do it.
    01-31-2013 08:46 AM
    you are right and i agree that they made ton of changes in BB10. i read a little bit of BB10 review and Z10 review in crackberry.com
    Google has never stopped adding features to Android. lets say if Google didn't update android for 2 years and only update with bug fixes and icon changes would you still use android??

thats what RIM did!! none what so ever. All they did was just updated BB market and updated the look and feel of the OS.
    its like RIM thought they are unshakable and didnt really care about consumers. now when they go down they beg the consumers?? nope you are lost for me.
    I once had good feeling about BB now its all down the drain. Love Android and my Nexus 4 and 10. never turning back to any other OS
    You're definitely right about the second part, they did think they were unbeatable but again now Apple has taken on that delusion and BB has made something completely new. I'm sticking with Android but I like what I see from BB.
    01-31-2013 03:48 PM
    I will always be a Blackberry Fan at heart, but going from a note 2 to a 4 inch screen just isn't in the future. I may pick one up on my next upgrade just for $#!ts and gigs before I move on to a nexus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    01-31-2013 08:43 PM
    I wouldn't get the Z10 because I do think they missed the boat with an all touch screen phone but I would get the Q10 in addition to my Note 2. I think this style can STILL be a selling point to many. Besides Something about a physical keyboard makes me feel all professional.. Lol

02-01-2013 02:30 PM
    I wouldn't get the Z10 because I do think they missed the boat with an all touch screen phone but I would get the Q10 in addition to my Note 2. I think this style can STILL be a selling point to many. Besides Something about a physical keyboard makes me feel all professional.. Lol

Oh, I loved the physical keyboard. It was really difficult to give it up. My last BB was the Torch 9810 with the portrait slider. But, now I am too enamored of my big screen, S pen, Google Play Store and on and on. I could never go back to the limitations of the BlackBerry platform, even BlackBerry 10.
    02-03-2013 09:05 PM
    Oh, I loved the physical keyboard. It was really difficult to give it up. My last BB was the Torch 9810 with the portrait slider. But, now I am too enamored of my big screen, S pen, Google Play Store and on and on. I could never go back to the limitations of the BlackBerry platform, even BlackBerry 10.
    I did pay a visit to my first mobile nations site, Crackberry.com, to see some more on the phone. It was great to see Kevin so excited about the Z10! I must say kudos to the BB faithful and hopefully their loyalty to Blackberry is paid forward with a great device on an expanding platform!
    TheOtherBill and xlDeMoNiClx like this.
    02-04-2013 08:16 PM