Battery problem sucking the life out of me

Elai012488

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a 4-day old Galaxy note 2 on android 4.1.1 version. Slept at 12 mn with a fully charged battery and woke up at 8am with only 75%. Tried deleting possible rogue apps (dont even know what that is but some threads say you need to download an app and detect which app has the most usage blahblah). Screen brightness on 0, livewallpaper, sensor,motion helpers disabled. I have no idea what seems to be the problem. Its not like im playing temple run while im asleep. :( Very disappointed with the phone's battery performance. Can someone help me, please. :D

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Go in and uninstall all the carrier updates for apps such as locker and such and then disable those apps. This is done from the app manager.

Dont be disappointed with the phone it truly is great but at crappy software writers can bring the phone to its knees in the power department

There are many articles on this forum explaining how to fix this exact5 problem you have. Try the search function on the forum.

Sent via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
No only the att apps. Not the samsung apps they are fine. I dont know about battery apps. Ive never needed them. Once the att apps are gone I never had another problem with battery stuff

Sent via Tapatalk

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Nope, leave juice defender. It is not needed on this device and can actually (if you miss one little thing) hurt battery performance. I have the Puerto version and refuse to install it. It's definitely not needed on this one.

Follow the wise instructions above and you should be golden.

Also, try turning off the unit during night charges. It cycles it better. That, and the first week of time on the battery, if you can, drop it down to 5%, then charge while off. It takes a long time to get it to 5 though one you remove the Att nonsense.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

Elai012488

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I must have posted on the wrong thread. My bad, noob here. I live in riyadh and I boighr the phone from a shop without any sim card so no spplications a from any mobile network available upon purchase. However I noticed this. Tried clearing ram then 42 applications were closed. Troed to do it again after 1min and 37 apps closed. Its like im closing them and they open again in less than a minute. Does this indicate something. I mean is something wrong with the unit itself?

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I must have posted on the wrong thread. My bad, noob here. I live in riyadh and I boighr the phone from a shop without any sim card so no spplications a from any mobile network available upon purchase. However I noticed this. Tried clearing ram then 42 applications were closed. Troed to do it again after 1min and 37 apps closed. Its like im closing them and they open again in less than a minute. Does this indicate something. I mean is something wrong with the unit itself?

No, it's just the way some apps run in the background. Nothing wrong with the unit. But some apps such as system and others do restart themselves depending on what they are linked or associated with. And not sure if this is in the correct thread or not tbh, I do the same thing myself.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
No, it's just the way some apps run in the background. Nothing wrong with the unit. But some apps such as system and others do restart themselves depending on what they are linked or associated with. And not sure if this is in the correct thread or not tbh, I do the same thing myself.

MatroxD
I happened to go into manage apps> running. S Suggest is running there, however I really dont use it. Is it supposed to do that?

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. Honestly, I had to go in and check mine. I wouldn't think it should be one of the running applications. It really should (under my understanding and thought process) only be running when called up and "maybe" if you choose an application to install from there, then it installs or like Samsung apps, directs you to Play store.

But I wouldn't think so and mine isn't. .

Elai012488

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Tried sending a pm, not working! I really am close to killing myself due to sadness. lol. So my battery lasts for 12-16 hours. I use it mostly for Facebook, Google, Viber and YouTube. I have other typical social networking/comm apps (YM,Skype, Instagram,Twitter) but I dont use them often. I have less than 10 games (Temple Run2, Angry Birds, Diamond Dash) but I dont play for more than 15 mins. I have observed that when my phone is NOT in use, it decreases by 7-10% per hour during the day. At night, like I said earlier, 25% within 8hrs of not touching it even to check the time. I dont know if its the normal draining rate of the battery, if its a factory defect on the battery or the phone itself, or if it is the app or android system. Im hoping when the phone turns a week old, things will be better. :(

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Factory reset. Uninstall all the updates for carrier bloatware and disable those apps. Dont touch the samsung apps they are fine. Realize that cloud app use alot of power. If you have several different cloud apps running at the same time such as locker, samsung cloud, dropbox, you will constantly be uploading pics and and other stuff to the cloud. Radios and screen use the most power for this device. Your problem most likely resides with one of these 2.

Sent via Tapatalk

Elai012488

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
radios? so you think turning off the location thingy, i mean wifi/mobile networking trying to figure out where i am located would lessen battery consumption? it is ticked on "Locate Services" but sync and gps are always off. And this accuweather thing, should i get rid of it? :D I woll definitely do factory reset if all else fail. I need a day off to pick up the broken pieces. :))

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. Honestly, I had to go in and check mine. I wouldn't think it should be one of the running applications. It really should (under my understanding and thought process) only be running when called up and "maybe" if you choose an application to install from there, then it installs or like Samsung apps, directs you to Play store.

But I wouldn't think so and mine isn't. .

Are you tooted... Opps (rooted) LOL..... I called Samsung...Level 2 Trauma care. I give up...everytime you call you get differrent answer. "Have you heard about that issue before" ans: " No, but we have a workaround for it"

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't have to do anything special to get good battery life on the Note 2. You should be able to leave all the default apps in place (including AT&T bloatware) and all the default settings, and still get through the day with normal usage. You should not need any extra power-management apps.

It would be different if you've installed some power-hungry apps of your own. Is that the case? When you look at your battery usage in Settings, what does it show as the main culprits?

It may simply be that your battery or phone has a problem and needs to be exchanged.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
radios? so you think turning off the location thingy, i mean wifi/mobile networking trying to figure out where i am located would lessen battery consumption? it is ticked on "Locate Services" but sync and gps are always off. And this accuweather thing, should i get rid of it? :D I woll definitely do factory reset if all else fail. I need a day off to pick up the broken pieces. :))

Did you by any chance get my pm responses? Just want to check?

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Yeah dude, I'm rooted and tooted!:D

Seriously though, dude I am rom'd so heavy that I wouldn't think aboutgoing back to stock ever again.

And calling those goons, tsk, your better off calling the walls of your house.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah dude, I'm rooted and tooted!:D

Seriously though, dude I am rom'd so heavy that I wouldn't think aboutgoing back to stock ever again.

And calling those goons, tsk, your better off calling the walls of your house.

Please.... a little respect for the aged... How about this. Multi Window is a juice guzzler! Turned it off at 7am im at 94% @ 3:43pm.!! Try it! As for the Goons? I call them Goonies. Can you believe than they didnt dispurse 4.1.2 in the US yet..you have a European version. I asked him when is the last time he got (La-d) it must have been a GaGa version.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Please.... a little respect for the aged... How about this. Multi Window is a juice guzzler! Turned it off at 7am im at 94% @ 3:43pm.!! Try it! As for the Goons? I call them Goonies. Can you believe than they didnt dispurse 4.1.2 in the US yet..you have a European version. I asked him when is the last time he got (La-d) it must have been a GaGa version.

Lol, for which aged? Me or you? We're both fossils! :D:p And really, I hadn't thought about that one at all. I just turned it off on mine. Let's test it. I will probably be up around 5 and lately within a couple hours I'm down to 90, so I'll post d how it goes. That would not be happy land for me.

And lol, dude, you know I can believe it. Asking me to say something positive about the industries release schedule is like asking me to go a day without food.... Just won't happen! Lmao!

And I haven't even compared it to my inter version because I don't use that one as much right now. That one is like a tablet and lasts for days with a charge (working from home a lot right now).

And he, he, not the correct question to ask, lol, you have to ask when was the last time you tickled a belly button with your eyebrows or hairline ... :D:thumbup: Oops, lol, sorry mods and anyone I may have offended.