New Att update Today

IPGH

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I checked update on my note 2 and git update available. Says requires wifi to download . Will have to wait till I get home. I already have 4.1.2. Anybody else getting this.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Rooted here so have never gotten an OTA but a number of other posts on the forums from other carriers are reporting new updates this week. One sprint user says its a 47meg update for him if memory serves.

Sent via Tapatalk

zereod

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, be nice to know what got updated? Anywhere to look like a log file etc? I'm still new to Android since I just recently jumped ship from the iPhone. :)

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Just did the update...much smoother and intuitive for a change. It optimised all the apps? Something I've never seen done before.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Security chipset update.

AT&T Galaxy Note 2 receiving small security fix OTA update | Android Central

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Kelly
I thought to ask you this since it appears your very knowledgable about the GN2. Pre update, the GN2 was a certified diamond..battery time was incredible. Nothing was disabled, wifi on all the time, the Note2 had no visable difficulties.
After the 4.1.2 update there are numerous people on AT&T with less than previous stellar battery performance, the screen rotate is a little wonkie at times and there are several other gltches if you will. There is no change log available, ect. I am primarily interested in the battery performance. What happened???

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly
I thought to ask you this since it appears your very knowledgable about the GN2. Pre update, the GN2 was a certified diamond..battery time was incredible. Nothing was disabled, wifi on all the time, the Note2 had no visable difficulties.
After the 4.1.2 update there are numerous people on AT&T with less than previous stellar battery performance, the screen rotate is a little wonkie at times and there are several other gltches if you will. There is no change log available, ect. I am primarily interested in the battery performance. What happened???

Oh I'm just learning this phone, just upgraded a couple weeks ago from the S3. ;) BUT Better Battery Stats and GSM Battery monitor, installed only to see what is using battery and performing wakelocks, then uninstall them..is a great idea. I used them on my S3, haven't installed them in my N2 yet. I never used my N2 with 4.1.1 so I don't know the battery usage before that.

I don't keep battery boosters or monitors running, just for diagnostic, they use battery lol.

The screen rotate, do you have..do you have the Smart Rotate turned on? Settings, Display, little over half way down the page? I turned that off, it uses the front camera to decide to rotate or not.

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site
It might have been checking the apps in case there was one that exploits that hole.

The update probably cleared the dalvik cache, so android had to rebuild it and that was what it was doing while "optimizing" the apps.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Oh I'm just learning this phone, just upgraded a couple weeks ago from the S3. ;) BUT Better Battery Stats and GSM Battery monitor, installed only to see what is using battery and performing wakelocks, then uninstall them..is a great idea. I used them on my S3, haven't installed them in my N2 yet. I never used my N2 with 4.1.1 so I don't know the battery usage before that.

I don't keep battery boosters or monitors running, just for diagnostic, they use battery lol.

The screen rotate, do you have..do you have the Smart Rotate turned on? Settings, Display, little over half way down the page? I turned that off, it uses the front camera to decide to rotate or not.

Which is the better of 2 batt monitors you mentioned or do I need both? What was the differrence. On 4.1.1 I got 13hrs with 94% remaining as I type.. I have 41% with 10 hrs up on 4.1.2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have both, they really show you differing things. The GSM is free and I got the paid version of BBS.

I haven't checked my Note yet, but I get about 18 hours, heavy internet use with it. Unless I played quite some bit of a game or my phone gets passed around with everyone playing with it, I only charge once a day. I would install the monitors and charge the phone and then let them run until time to charge again and see what they say. If it's undo you can't figure out, post some screen shots of the info from the reports and we can all look at them and go through them.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

nosmohtac

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I too am experiencing less than stellar battery life since the update. I also have noticed the screen rotation being a little wonky.

There are places that I use my GN2 regularly that the lighting makes the auto brightness constantly change. I have noticed several times when I have auto brightness turned off from the notifacation tray, that my phone wont auto rotate anymore until I turn auto brightness on. I don't have smart rotation enabled.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Make sure Smart Rotation in Display is not checked. Also, calibrate your gyroscope, see if that helps the rotation.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361061223770.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361061223770.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 60