Dropped my new note 2 what do I do?

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
The people at the warranty center replaced my brothers galaxy note 2 without any problems and they replaced mine for 75.00 even though I had no insurance! Awesome people!!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

eadgbe

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
The people at the warranty center replaced my brothers galaxy note 2 without any problems and they replaced mine for 75.00 even though I had no insurance! Awesome people!!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Honestly, that's kinda hard to believe! Samsung is quoting people $179.00 for a new screen replacement. Where the heck did the number of $75.00 come from?

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
When I dropped my last GS3 I cracked my screen, but it was minor and I will the very top right corner, not affecting where content is displayed. Still, I researched online and you can actually replace it yourself. I'll try to find the video and post it. Basically you get a new screen and use a hair dryer and pry out the old or and put the new one in.

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eneLvVe7DwE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

eadgbe

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Keith, but the OP is saying they replaced his phone for just $75.00 and without insurance. Replacement screen looks like they are going for about $55.00 on eBay, and besides it's a pain and a lot of work to replace it yourself.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
The girl at the att repair center was very helpful. I know it's hard to believe but they only charged me 74.99 to get a replacement. But then other phone that just had the no sim error was replaced free of charge.

I didn't go through Samsung because they said it was a two week turnaround, which was too long of a wait for me lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781