At&t apn list

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
This is a guide for changing your apn for throttling issues or trying to get a better signal.

Here's a list of the ATT APN list that I put together. I have tested these some work with everything DATA,LTE,MMS,VOICE, ETC. And some of them were request from other members here. So I just posted what was asked for into one location. If they work for you keep them if not, just delete and keep the ones you'll b using. NEVER DELETE THE STOCK APN JUST IN CASE!
If I run across any others I sure to add them here.
If anyone has any that I missed let me know and I'll add them to the list...

#1.Go into setting, then more setting, mobile networks, then pick Access point Names.
#2. In order to enter a new APN, hit the left menu key. Pick New APN, then enter your APN setting as listed below. After that hit Menu again then save! Then you can select that Apn, by hitting the dot next to the new apn
Everyone's results will vary, pending on location...

Default Galaxy Note2 Apn setting! This is what comes stock on the phone!
Name: ATT PHONE
APN: phone
Proxy: ~Not set~
Port: ~Not set~
Username: ~Not set~
Password: ~Not set~
Server: ~Not set~
MMSC:http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: <not set>
APN type: default,mms,supl

Tried this one also and everything works fine but it seems like it stays on H and H+ more often.
Name: AT&T TEST 1
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
MMSC: ~Not set~
MMS Proxy: ~Not set~
MMS Port: ~Not set~
Authentication type: <not set>
APN type: default,supl,agps,fota,dun

Now this one connects to the network but it defaults back to the stock apn after a few minutes. Not sure if its just my phone or not so that's why I posted it anyway. Because someone had asked for it..
Name: AT&T TEST 2
APN: broadband
Authentication type: ~Not set~
APN type: tether

Same thing with this one as to Test 2. Connects but then defaults back to stock!
Name: AT&T TEST 3 MM
APN: wap.cingular
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC:http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
APN type: mms,supl

Now this APN works just like the stock but may speed up your data, if your begin throttled from using to much DATA!
Name: AT&T TEST 4 HSDPA
APN type: default,supl,agps,fota,dun

NO problems with this one either. Tested everything and all works great! Maybe a little faster pending on what area your in!
Name: AT&T TEST 5
APN: PTA
MMSC:http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMSC proxy: 66.209.11.32
MMS port: 8080
APN type : default,supl,mms,hipri

Just trying to help out where I can:cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
If anyone else can add settings they've tried with results, we might be able to ask for a sticky?

That would b nice to make this a sticky. But I'm not sure how to go about that. I think it may help some. I know it helps out a lot of people, over at XDA!
Just my 2? :cool:

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Been having signal issues lately and just saw this thread, so I decided to give it a shot. Tried TEST 4 and TEST 5. Download speeds are the same as stock APN.:( Was really hope this would help, but it looks like I'm going to have to take the phone to AT&T. My LTE speeds used to be in the 40Mbps. Now, I'm lucky to get 5Mbps.

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Been having signal issues lately and just saw this thread, so I decided to give it a shot. Tried TEST 4 and TEST 5. Download speeds are the same as stock APN.:( Was really hope this would help, but it looks like I'm going to have to take the phone to AT&T. My LTE speeds used to be in the 40Mbps. Now, I'm lucky to get 5Mbps.

That's probably cuz of the cluttered market, because of so many people being on there network. Possibly could b the case. Or did you think to try a different modem?? I'm on the latest modem! And have no problems with speed! And actually the APN's I posted have helped other people. After there service has been slowed down!
Just my 2?:cool:

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Been w/ att for a long time.
Traded in a iphone3 for the note 2.
I find that the reception for the note2 worse than the iphone!!
Places I had service for the iphone now I get, on the note2, "emergenct calls only" or "mobile network not available"
If someone has an apn update that would improve reception that would be great.
I am in the Houston Tx area.
Thanks in advance

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Places I had service for the iphone now I get, on the note2, "emergenct calls only" or "mobile network not available"
Thanks in advance

2eqyreta.jpg

Depend on what modem your on. I'm running the latest mA4. That could also be an issue with signal problems. If your on an old modem!:confused:

Just my 2?:cool:

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you Rooted?
How long have you had the phone?
Did you call AT&T?
There is an app that will tell you which signals are available where you are, and the strength. LTE, HSPA, etc...
Thanks in advance

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Are you Rooted?
How long have you had the phone?
Did you call AT&T?
There is an app that will tell you which signals are available where you are, and the strength. LTE, HSPA, etc...

+1:thumbup:

hellfast

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi - new smart phone user here. When I get to the Access Point Names on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S ii) two presets show up (ATT Phone) and (ATT WAP). I don't get a menu to chose NEW APN. My current problem is no Data from Consumer Cellular - I have all the settings to try, but I can't find a menu that lets me set up a NEW APN.

dmxinc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Guess it was "fixed" one way or the other.....
Thanks in advance

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks in advance

Ended up getting the phone replaced!
No problem replacing the phone w/ ATT
Bad phone
New note 2 now
Reception great
I think a lot of phone issues stem from a bad phone
Just my opinion

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Choose the settings button in the lower left...opposite the back > add new apn
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

rnhunsaker

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I received three warranty replacement Skyrocket 2 phones from AT&T that did not work! After a phone was idle: no e-mail, no GPS, no text messaging, not received calls. Pandora would only play one song. On each phone, I could remedy the problem by placing an outgoing call. Once done, messages would come pouring in and Pandora would start playing. Still, the GPS was extremely unreliable. I found myself lost in NYC many times.

Frustrated with AT&T support, I rooted my phone, and updated the latest radios. Still no luck. Than I found this post. Excellent! All problems solved!

I was at my AT&T store yesterday and copied the following from one of the new Galaxy 4 phones. So far, so good:

Name: AT&T TEST 6
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMSC proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
APN type : default,mms,supl,hipri

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I received three warranty replacement Skyrocket 2 phones from AT&T that did not work! After a phone was idle: no e-mail, no GPS, no text messaging, not received calls. Pandora would only play one song. On each phone, I could remedy the problem by placing an outgoing call. Once done, messages would come pouring in and Pandora would start playing. Still, the GPS was extremely unreliable. I found myself lost in NYC many times.

Frustrated with AT&T support, I rooted my phone, and updated the latest radios. Still no luck. Than I found this post. Excellent! All problems solved!

I was at my AT&T store yesterday and copied the following from one of the new Galaxy 4 phones. So far, so good:

Name: AT&T TEST 6
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMSC proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
APN type : default,mms,supl,hipri

Glad I could help:thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

f1000

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a AT&T Galaxy Tab 8.9 4G LTE with international data plan sim card. I want to replace this with my AT&T Note II for data only (will not be using the phone) that I just bought retail with no contract. Is this possible? ATT said all I need to do is call them with the IMEI and sim card # from the Note and the data plan will transfer.

Is this possible or do I need to change the APN settings or anything else?

Thanks!

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a AT&T Galaxy Tab 8.9 4G LTE with international data plan sim card. I want to replace this with my AT&T Note II for data only (will not be using the phone) that I just bought retail with no contract. Is this possible? ATT said all I need to do is call them with the IMEI and sim card # from the Note and the data plan will transfer.

Is this possible or do I need to change the APN settings or anything else?

Thanks!

Don't know about AT&T, but when I was in Italy, I had to change APN settings in order to switch from a Vodafone phone/data SIM to a Vodafone data only SIM. The guy at the store had to look up the settings and manually set them on my unlocked AT&T Note II.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad