I know I am a noob but I have searched and searched on here and the web and I can't seem to find anyone else experiencing this issue.

When I want to delete a txt, I tap the menu button then tap the delete thread button.That will delete the messages sent and received but the person I am texting still shows up in my list.

Can anyone help?
    03-03-2013 02:02 PM
    I know I am a noob but I have searched and searched on here and the web and I can't seem to find anyone else experiencing this issue.

When I want to delete a txt, I tap the menu button then tap the delete thread button.That will delete the messages sent and received but the person I am texting still shows up in my list.

Can anyone help?
    I don't know about the GN2 but on my Nexus 4 I have to go to the list of people I have contacted in the messages app and hold down there chat till there is a trash can icon on the top right.

Make sense?
    03-03-2013 02:59 PM
    I don't know about the GN2 but on my Nexus 4 I have to go to the list of people I have contacted in the messages app and hold down there chat till there is a trash can icon on the top right.

Make sense?
    That didn't work for me.
    03-03-2013 03:43 PM
    That didn't work for me.
    That should have worked. You're using the stock messaging app right?

Have you tried another messaging app like GO SMS Pro (I find this much more flexible in terms of being able to customize, etc.)
    03-03-2013 05:36 PM

Can anyone help?
    I am wondering if after you deleted the messages, if a simple reboot or a battery pull might help. This never happened on my note 2, but anytime something unexplainable happens, a reboot seems to work great.
    03-04-2013 01:34 PM
    I am wondering if after you deleted the messages, if a simple reboot or a battery pull might help. This never happened on my note 2, but anytime something unexplainable happens, a reboot seems to work great.
    Rebooted and powered down and removed the battery and counted to 20.

Yup, blank txts are still there.
    03-04-2013 03:57 PM
    So you are saying that while in the "messaging" app where you see all the listed names of the people you currently have text logs for that when you hold your finger down on any specific name and then click delete thread that it doesnt delete the entire message? I just tried it and it most definitely does work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-04-2013 05:27 PM
    So you are saying that while in the "messaging" app where you see all the listed names of the people you currently have text logs for that when you hold your finger down on any specific name and then click delete thread that it doesnt delete the entire message? I just tried it and it most definitely does work.
    That's what it sounded like so I tried it and it works for me too.
    03-05-2013 12:55 AM
    It will delete the txts between myself and the person I have a chat log with but when I delete the thread only the txt will disappear the "draft" of the chat log is left.
    03-05-2013 08:47 AM
    I saw something like that once ... try opening the draft message and deleting the empty space. Drove me crazy for about 5 minutes before I realized there was a draft message there that looked blank but consisted of only a newline.
    03-05-2013 03:20 PM
    I saw something like that once ... try opening the draft message and deleting the empty space. Drove me crazy for about 5 minutes before I realized there was a draft message there that looked blank but consisted of only a newline.
    I went back in to them to verify that I hadn't accidentally hit the space-bar or return neither were the case.

I am really stumped by this and really curious that I am the only one experiencing this.
    03-06-2013 09:35 AM