Calendar With S-Pen Question

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to figure out how to properly use the S-Pen in the Calendar app. I can enter handwriting mode, then use the S-Pen but I can not keep what I write when I return to the normal calendar view. I have watched YouTube tutorials but there seems to be a button on the Calendar that my At&t version does not have. However it is present in a picture on the At&t website. I have uploaded a pic from there website and a snapshot of what my calendar looks like. I want to be able to draw on my calendar and have what I draw stay on the Calendar. When I switch back out of handwriting mode my drawing dissappears. I have 4.1.2 and completed a software update about 2 hours ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

- Chris

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362449498400.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362449498400.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 386
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362449583248.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362449583248.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 387

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
That button simply enables writing. If you turn it on you can write... if you turn it off you can scroll with your finger or s-pen without writing. You can toggle the written text on and off by pressing the calendar pic on the left side (upper corner.

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok thank you. So there is no way to be able to scroll with writing on the calendar? Because if I am in handwriting mode and I want to scroll to the next month. Me using my finger to scroll would just be used as a pen for writing. It seemed like in the YouTube tutorials there handwriting was visible on the calendar in the Calendar view mode as well as the handwriting mode. Worst case scenario would be to leave the calendar in handwriting mode and not adjust or scroll it. Correct?

Thanks, Chris

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Also after a lot of looking online I kept finding stuff for a calendar app called S-Planner. It does not seem that my At&t calendar app is the S-Planner app. Instead just the basic calendar

ChaRia

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I am missing the same button. And like you, I am unable to scroll through my calendar with my handwritten notes showing. Didn't know until your post that there's a button that would allow this. Watched "support" vids on Samsung site and that button's definitely there and that's what would allow us to scroll through calendar WITH our handwritten notes/drawings/highlights. I'm also running 4.1.2 on AT&T. I really don't know why that button's missing, or if Samsung updated it where you could disable the pen somehow. Hopefully someone knows the answer out there. Will continue to search online.. but there doesn't seem to be a lot of people with this issue.

ChaRia

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
factory reset my phone twice but still missing that button. Really helped my battery life though so it wasn't a total loss.

Jeff ed arevalo

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi you are right, I am from the Philippines, my unit here is missing the one (1) botton on the upper right hand corner too... so it has nothing to do with the network who sold you the unit...Maybe the problem is within the software itself..

Jeff ed arevalo

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
hi, i think that button is the lock button for the pen..once u click it, it will lock/disable the pen so you can browse through months and will keep the page from accidental handwriting.

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys for confirming what we had thought. The handwriting function in the Calendar app is basically useless with this missing feature. Hopefully we get it soon.

Thanks

Stacy Barbier

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I am also missing the button that is shown; so I guess my question is why can't we keep the handwriting that we did when in handwriting mode on the calendar? I am also missing that button. I have Verizon wireless with my Galaxy Note 2 and i have the same version software as the video. This is all to confusing.

Javana Rangihuna

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem too im from new zealand running 4.1.2 aswell and cant seem to get the button on the right. Also as soon as I disable handwriting mode my notes dissappear? ?

Biser Marchev

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Guys i just spoke wit Samsung UK and this option is ONLY available for US devices
and may be they will release update but may be. There is no guarantee for that so the problem is in your devices or company that u bought your phone.

tanahbah

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't own one yet,but checked out different stores to get a hands-on experience,and I am disappointed to learn from the vendors that such a feature ( keeping your hand-written notes in calendar view) is not possible.You only see your saved notes when you toggle on the hand-writing edit mode.This feature is a deal-breaker for me,so it looks like I have to wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781