I am trying to figure out how to properly use the S-Pen in the Calendar app. I can enter handwriting mode, then use the S-Pen but I can not keep what I write when I return to the normal calendar view. I have watched YouTube tutorials but there seems to be a button on the Calendar that my At&t version does not have. However it is present in a picture on the At&t website. I have uploaded a pic from there website and a snapshot of what my calendar looks like. I want to be able to draw on my calendar and have what I draw stay on the Calendar. When I switch back out of handwriting mode my drawing dissappears. I have 4.1.2 and completed a software update about 2 hours ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

- Chris

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Calendar With S-Pen Question-uploadfromtaptalk1362449498400.jpg   Calendar With S-Pen Question-uploadfromtaptalk1362449583248.jpg  
    ChaRia likes this.
    03-04-2013 08:20 PM
    That button simply enables writing. If you turn it on you can write... if you turn it off you can scroll with your finger or s-pen without writing. You can toggle the written text on and off by pressing the calendar pic on the left side (upper corner.
    03-05-2013 08:42 AM
    Ok thank you. So there is no way to be able to scroll with writing on the calendar? Because if I am in handwriting mode and I want to scroll to the next month. Me using my finger to scroll would just be used as a pen for writing. It seemed like in the YouTube tutorials there handwriting was visible on the calendar in the Calendar view mode as well as the handwriting mode. Worst case scenario would be to leave the calendar in handwriting mode and not adjust or scroll it. Correct?

Thanks, Chris

03-05-2013 09:08 AM
    Also after a lot of looking online I kept finding stuff for a calendar app called S-Planner. It does not seem that my At&t calendar app is the S-Planner app. Instead just the basic calendar

03-05-2013 09:10 AM
    I am missing the same button. And like you, I am unable to scroll through my calendar with my handwritten notes showing. Didn't know until your post that there's a button that would allow this. Watched "support" vids on Samsung site and that button's definitely there and that's what would allow us to scroll through calendar WITH our handwritten notes/drawings/highlights. I'm also running 4.1.2 on AT&T. I really don't know why that button's missing, or if Samsung updated it where you could disable the pen somehow. Hopefully someone knows the answer out there. Will continue to search online.. but there doesn't seem to be a lot of people with this issue.
    Malkia75 likes this.
    03-11-2013 11:25 PM
    Im glad to hear somebody else is having the same issue. I will continue to research see what I can find

03-12-2013 12:00 AM
    factory reset my phone twice but still missing that button. Really helped my battery life though so it wasn't a total loss.
    03-13-2013 04:55 PM
    Anybody with an AT&T Note 2 running 4.1.2 please watch this video and let us know if you have this capability. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

03-14-2013 11:18 PM
    Hi you are right, I am from the Philippines, my unit here is missing the one (1) botton on the upper right hand corner too... so it has nothing to do with the network who sold you the unit...Maybe the problem is within the software itself..
    03-15-2013 04:39 AM
    hi, i think that button is the lock button for the pen..once u click it, it will lock/disable the pen so you can browse through months and will keep the page from accidental handwriting.
    03-15-2013 05:20 AM
    Anybody with an AT&T Note 2 running 4.1.2 please watch this video and let us know if you have this capability. It would be much appreciated.
    My stock AT&T does not have the mode button she uses at :54
    03-16-2013 01:02 AM
    Thank you guys for confirming what we had thought. The handwriting function in the Calendar app is basically useless with this missing feature. Hopefully we get it soon.

Thanks

03-16-2013 10:06 AM
    I do not have that button in rt upper corner while writing on calender. I have to toggle back and forth.
    03-17-2013 06:35 PM
    03-25-2013 08:30 AM
    I am also missing the button that is shown; so I guess my question is why can't we keep the handwriting that we did when in handwriting mode on the calendar? I am also missing that button. I have Verizon wireless with my Galaxy Note 2 and i have the same version software as the video. This is all to confusing.
    06-06-2013 12:36 PM
    I'm running ATT 4.1.2 and the mode button for the calendar is on the LEFT side not on the right side.
    06-06-2013 08:47 PM
    I am having the same problem too im from new zealand running 4.1.2 aswell and cant seem to get the button on the right. Also as soon as I disable handwriting mode my notes dissappear? ?
    06-24-2013 04:00 PM
    Hi I have same issue on my gt 7105 on 3 network in uk
    So anyone found solution for this and I don't know where to look for help 3 or Samsung
    07-05-2013 01:45 AM
    Guys i just spoke wit Samsung UK and this option is ONLY available for US devices
    and may be they will release update but may be. There is no guarantee for that so the problem is in your devices or company that u bought your phone.
    07-08-2013 02:44 PM
    I don't own one yet,but checked out different stores to get a hands-on experience,and I am disappointed to learn from the vendors that such a feature ( keeping your hand-written notes in calendar view) is not possible.You only see your saved notes when you toggle on the hand-writing edit mode.This feature is a deal-breaker for me,so it looks like I have to wait.
    08-08-2013 06:18 AM
    Am facing this issues on both my note2 & 8. Any answer to how to solve this?
    10-06-2013 09:16 AM
    Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm hoping that someone knowledgeable re the pen integration with the Samsung calendar app may be able to help with this...

I'm very disappointed with what seems to me to be the limited pen integration in the built in Samsung calendar app - I hoped / expected to be able to save handwritten notes on the usual planner style daily page - 'but noooo...' :-)

Anyone know of any app(s) that support the capability of saving handwritten notes on the daily calendar page form - hourly schedule and/or notes sections?

I'm not really looking for _attaching_ a hand written note to a day in the calendar, although that would be a partial work around, if that's all that exists...
    01-02-2014 12:13 PM
    So Glad you brought this question up as I as well am missing that button and have been trying to figure out the handwriting abilities in the calendar for a loooong time. I thought I would also be able to write on a calendar date and have it change/save as typed text!
    03-13-2014 03:54 PM