03-11-2013 10:48 AM
26 12
tools
    Group MMS is ALWAYS DELAYED!!! WHY!!
    I switched from an iPhone to a Nexus 4 and it was a disaster.

I figured the phone was messed up so I sold it and then got the Note 2. Its T Mobile's version and unlocked.

A little better but still delayed MMS

What is going on? Is it Android? Is it AT&T? Couldc it be because its not an official AT&T phone(but I heard its technically the same phone)

I give up guys. Can someone plz help?!?!?.
    03-06-2013 09:43 PM
    Group MMS is ALWAYS DELAYED!!! WHY!!
    I switched from an iPhone to a Nexus 4 and it was a disaster.

I figured the phone was messed up so I sold it and then got the Note 2. Its T Mobile's version and unlocked.

A little better but still delayed MMS

What is going on? Is it Android? Is it AT&T? Couldc it be because its not an official AT&T phone(but I heard its technically the same phone)

I give up guys. Can someone plz help?!?!?.
    What are your APN settings? Who set them up for you?
    03-06-2013 09:59 PM
    I dont think thats the issue. But for the Nexus 4, I used the HSPA+ one. It improved it a little but still had issues.

As far as the Note goes, Im using the stock WAP.Cingular one so far
    Attached Thumbnails Im about to give up!!! FML!!!!-screenshot_2013-03-06-23-23-14.png   Im about to give up!!! FML!!!!-screenshot_2013-03-06-23-23-20.png  
    03-06-2013 10:31 PM
    ATT
    wap.cingular
    http://mmsc.cingular.com
    wireless.cingular.com
    default,supl,mms
    IPv4
    IPv4
    03-06-2013 10:37 PM
    ATT
    wap.cingular
    wireless.cingular.com
    default,supl,mms
    IPv4
    IPv4

Ill check out what my wife is using when i get home,
    maybe you can try those
    ShockG911 likes this.
    03-06-2013 10:38 PM
    Thanks!

If its not the APN, what else can it be? I've been honestly trying to figure this issue out for the past few weeks. Very nerve wrecking
    03-06-2013 10:40 PM
    How delayed are we talking about? Have you tried going through this with AT&T Tech Support?
    03-07-2013 09:22 AM
    How delayed are we talking about? Have you tried going through this with AT&T Tech Support?
    3-10 min delay. I group MMS with two other guys who have iphones that are also on AT&T. They dont experience any delays. It was much much worse on my Nexus...

I spoke to AT&T about my Nexus and they were not help at all. They blamed the phone.

Im gonna call right now and see what they say about my Note 2. I guarantee they're gonna say something like "Since its not a AT&T phone and a T Mobile phone, this is probably why you are experiencing delays"

But to my understanding, the T Mobile and AT&T Notes are pretty much near identical? Correct me if Im wrong and if this is the reason for delays

What are the odds of two different phones experiencing delays? Somethings wrong here

But I'll call right now and see what they say
    03-07-2013 09:33 AM
    3-10 min delay. I group MMS with two other guys who have iphones that are also on AT&T. They dont experience any delays. It was much much worse on my Nexus...

I spoke to AT&T about my Nexus and they were not help at all. They blamed the phone.

Im gonna call right now and see what they say about my Note 2. I guarantee they're gonna say something like "Since its not a AT&T phone and a T Mobile phone, this is probably why you are experiencing delays"

But to my understanding, the T Mobile and AT&T Notes are pretty much near identical? Correct me if Im wrong and if this is the reason for delays

What are the odds of two different phones experiencing delays? Somethings wrong here

But I'll call right now and see what they say
    Have you tried getting a new SIM?
    03-07-2013 10:06 AM
    I was under the impression note 2 cant do group messaging. Yes it can send 1 message to multiple users but It wont receive them in the same message. It will seperate the individual messages. Atleast this is it works on mine and my fathers note 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-07-2013 10:10 AM
    So you are on ATT correct? Which plan do you have on ATT? HSPA+ or LTE?

I can do group MMS on my Note 2. I am on a LTE plan. The APN you are using is for HSPA+. I have also heard they are the same device but I do not think so. (T mobile and ATT)

Sent from my Nexus 4
    03-07-2013 10:38 AM
    I was under the impression note 2 cant do group messaging. Yes it can send 1 message to multiple users but It wont receive them in the same message. It will seperate the individual messages. Atleast this is it works on mine and my fathers note 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Its rooted and I have the AOKP ROM on it. Its therefore 4.2.1. So it can group MMS
    03-07-2013 11:50 AM
    So you are on ATT correct? Which plan do you have on ATT? HSPA+ or LTE?

I can do group MMS on my Note 2. I am on a LTE plan. The APN you are using is for HSPA+. I have also heard they are the same device but I do not think so. (T mobile and ATT)

Sent from my Nexus 4
    I called AT&T and they said I'm on the LTE plan. I posted my current APN settings in the OP. Is that the correct APN?

I did try a new SIM and it didn't fix it.
    03-07-2013 11:52 AM
    I called AT&T and they said I'm on the LTE plan. I posted my current APN settings in the OP. Is that the correct APN?

I did try a new SIM and it didn't fix it.
    No this is not the correct APN. I will post the correct APN later for you.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    03-07-2013 01:38 PM
    I believe T-Mobile uses the SGH-T889 while AT&T uses the SGH-i317.
    I can not say if it's the problem here.
    03-07-2013 03:03 PM
    This is how my screens look. I'm not having group texting problems. I'm using go SMS pro as my client

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Attached Thumbnails Im about to give up!!! FML!!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1362690887531.jpg   Im about to give up!!! FML!!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1362690932499.jpg  
    ShockG911 likes this.
    03-07-2013 03:20 PM
    This is how my screens look. I'm not having group texting problems. I'm using go SMS pro as my client

This is the correct apn for an LTE plan (the post before this one) This should work better for you. Let us know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    03-07-2013 04:31 PM
    This is the correct apn for an LTE plan (the post before this one) This should work better for you. Let us know.

OK cool. I will def try this and let you guys know.
    03-07-2013 05:52 PM

I used go SMS pro and it was good. Only thing I had issues with was the double notification during group MMS. Did you experience this at all?
    03-07-2013 05:53 PM
    I think you can turn off notifications on the stock text messaging system so you will not receive double notifications.
    03-07-2013 07:50 PM
    I used go SMS pro and it was good. Only thing I had issues with was the double notification during group MMS. Did you experience this at all?
    It takes a few seconds for go SMS pro to sort out the group texting. so what you do is when you get a group text, just wait a few seconds and then it will probably group them. As plano pointed out above, if this is not the issue, then make sure your stock messaging app is not notifying (it should've asked this when you switched to go sms pro though)
    03-08-2013 09:59 AM
    It takes a few seconds for go SMS pro to sort out the group texting. so what you do is when you get a group text, just wait a few seconds and then it will probably group them. As plano pointed out above, if this is not the issue, then make sure your stock messaging app is not notifying (it should've asked this when you switched to go sms pro though)
    It does automatically group it after a few seconds, its just a PITA getting two notifications when I do group MMS. Stock is completely disabled. If im texting with Person A and Person B, when Person A texts me in the group, itll first notify me individually, then notifies me again in the group.

So whenever they group MMS me, I get two notifications. Pain in the @ss
    03-08-2013 05:12 PM

It has definitely improved a lot but still not perfect. I guess its either my coverage(2-3 bars HSPA+) or Android just hasnt perfected group MMS yet. MMS's are still a little delayed, sporadically though, and sometimes when a person MMSs me, I see the notification, but no message. Only way I can retrieve the message is by sending one out to them and It then automatically comes in. Its weird but it must be my coverage or Android itself
    03-08-2013 05:15 PM
    It does automatically group it after a few seconds, its just a PITA getting two notifications when I do group MMS. Stock is completely disabled. If im texting with Person A and Person B, when Person A texts me in the group, itll first notify me individually, then notifies me again in the group.

So whenever they group MMS me, I get two notifications. Pain in the @ss
    just to make sure, when you go to settings (advanced screen) > receive settings > disable other message notification is checked right?
    no notifications in settings > individual settings, right?

next, go to the stock messaging app and make sure you've enabled MMS auto-retrieve
    03-08-2013 06:31 PM

Still getting issues with Group MMS. Though its better, some messages are still delayed. I had a few earlier today come 6(!) Hours late. I have no clue

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    03-10-2013 10:56 PM
26 12