07-03-2014 01:11 PM
78 1234
tools
    I must say group texting has become the most used feature on my phone. I actually have TMobile, HTC Sensation. Have been using Go SMS Pro for a while now, and it generally works. Occasionally, when I reply within a group conversation, one of the members of the group will be omitted from the reply, and suddenly there's a new group thread created which is just a nightmare when the convo is dynamic at that moment. Has anyone seen this? Most of my friends have the iPhone, and really I'm at the point where I may make the switch as well. My phone is almost two years old....
    05-10-2013 12:24 PM
    Just so we are clear.. there is no way to group text while using the stock messenger?

It really bothers me that other Note 2's can do this but the AT&T version can not...
    06-04-2013 12:49 PM
    Just so we are clear.. there is no way to group text while using the stock messenger?

It really bothers me that other Note 2's can do this but the AT&T version can not...
    I could never find a way. My g/f is still using Go SMS Pro because of that.
    06-04-2013 12:52 PM
    The att messages app does it correctly and also integrates voicemail notification as well. The only thing it doesnt do and notification light which has quickly become my fav feature of the stock messaging app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    StuartV likes this.
    06-05-2013 12:08 PM
    Are you saying there's an app named "AT&T Messages" that is different than the stock Samsung Messages app? Is it on the phone as stock? Is it in the Play store?
    06-05-2013 12:18 PM
    It is in the play store. When you send out multiple texts to multiple people all the replys come back to your original mass message not seperate like it is the stock messaging app.

StuartV likes this.
    06-05-2013 12:33 PM
    And when other people reply, does their reply go to everybody that I sent my original message to?
    06-05-2013 12:45 PM
    I am interested about this as well.. what about Go SMS Pro? does it reply to the group or does it send out individual texts to everyone?
    06-05-2013 01:18 PM
    I am interested about this as well.. what about Go SMS Pro? does it reply to the group or does it send out individual texts to everyone?
    Go SMS Pro can be set to reply to the group. That is what my g/f uses, since the stock Messages app doesn't work right.
    06-05-2013 01:22 PM
    Just installed and set up the group thing.. I noticed a big problem right off the bat with Go SMS - it doesn't utilize the sensor motion to call the contact feature of the phone. Is there a setting to fix this?
    If you are wondering what I am talking about.. I mean the feature that allows you to read a text from someone and just put the phone up to your ear and it will automatically call the contact.
    I use it all the time.. more than group texting even.

What a PITA.. all I want is a messenger that does it all.. is that too much to ask?!
    06-05-2013 01:39 PM
    And when other people reply, does their reply go to everybody that I sent my original message to?
    I dont know how if appears in everyone elses screen. Also, almost everyone I know has an iphone. I think the messages app may be exclusive to att customers though.

06-05-2013 02:20 PM
    My understanding is 4.2.2 allows group texingt. That is why the S4 works but the GN2 does not. Perhaps when the 4.2.2 update comes out for the GN2 all will be well.
    06-07-2013 04:54 PM
    Group texting worked fine on ICS (4.0) on my Rezound....
    06-07-2013 05:08 PM
    Interesting, but I don't think all 4.0 ICS devices were able to group text.
    06-07-2013 05:50 PM
    My point really was that it's not really a limitation of the device or the version of the OS. It's just having the right app. Even my old Thunderbolt could do it, once I downloaded the Verizon Messages app from the Play store.

Sadly, there's just something stupid wrong with the OEM Messages app on the AT&T Note 2 that makes it not work correctly for group texting.
    06-07-2013 05:56 PM
    This has to be a fault on Samsung's part no? I've been trying to help several friends out with this WITHOUT 3rd party to no avail. I'm on a Nexus 4, and have this ability using the stock Android messaging app. Even before it updated to 4.2.2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought these manufacture skins on top of Android was all about improving upon existing Android and adding additional features to set themselves apart from the pack. Why would this be a missing feature? I'm also noticing my friends with HTC's stock messaging app having no issues sending and receiving and being a part of group messaging without any problems. So why on earth a new phone like a GS3 can't do this with stock messaging app? Why should we need to use 3rd party. Researching and trying to figure out how to fix this has made me want to stick with my Stock Android experiences and stay my Nexus 4.

Every thread I've come across solution has been the same. Install Handscent or GoSms pro or some other 3rd part app. That's rubbish on Samsung's part. These should be optional and not the only way.
    06-07-2013 07:48 PM
    This has to be a fault on Samsung's part no?
    Yes. Seems like your basic software bug or designer/developer screw-up. The GS4 works correctly.... At least, mine does, on Verizon. I suppose it could also be hosed on AT&T, like the N2.
    06-07-2013 07:55 PM
    Not that I'm adding much to this conversation, but hopefully someome at Google may still be interested in fixing this problem for the Note and S3. I have an S3 and am considering getting rid of it just because of this issue. If its fixed on the S4., why can't a fix be releaaed for the other Android devices?
    06-11-2013 10:49 PM
    Not sure if you guys saw my previous post a few pages back but the official ATT messages app in the playstore correctly displays group messaging just like its done on iphone.

06-12-2013 01:06 PM
    Yes. Seems like your basic software bug or designer/developer screw-up. The GS4 works correctly.... At least, mine does, on Verizon. I suppose it could also be hosed on AT&T, like the N2.
    I started out with the At&t Galaxy S4 and it did group messaging out of the box. Returned it for a Gnote 2 and it won't work. Love the Note 2 but this is something basic that all phones should have on their stock messages app.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-12-2013 02:10 PM
    Yes, use Go SMS Pro and make that you go to settings (under advanced menu) > send settings > check box under MMS Group Chat (support MMS Group Chat with iPhone and android, useful for US mobile networks...)

Go SMS will process the group texts. You just have to wait a few seconds when the text comes in so it can process the group texts properly.
    This worked for me. Although I wish the stock messaging app would do it. Thanks for your help!

Posted via Android Central App
    06-12-2013 02:30 PM
    Using AT&T Messages with my Galaxy Note 2. When I send a group text replies come back from each individual. Replies do not come back to the original group text I sent. Can anyone help?
    06-19-2013 06:20 PM
    It was messages that was originally on the phone. I opened it and was prompted to update. When the update was complete I opened again. I then received a text. Welcome to AT&T messaging your inbox is ready to use.
    06-19-2013 06:34 PM
    I have been using Go SMS since I got my Note II last year. Everything works fine except for the group text delay. It only takes the app about 1 to 2 seconds to move the txt from individual thread into a group text thread, but 1 to 2 seconds turn into 20 to 30 seconds when you have 6 to 8 people in the group chat all sending txt out. On the iphone and ipad, there is 0 delay. On the Note II Go SMS, the keyboard froze because the app was busy trying to move 6 to 10 different text from different people into the group chat thread. By the time you get your txt to go out, the conversation has already moved to a different topic.
    06-20-2013 10:25 AM
    I have been using Go SMS since I got my Note II last year. Everything works fine except for the group text delay. It only takes the app about 1 to 2 seconds to move the txt from individual thread into a group text thread, but 1 to 2 seconds turn into 20 to 30 seconds when you have 6 to 8 people in the group chat all sending txt out. On the iphone and ipad, there is 0 delay. On the Note II Go SMS, the keyboard froze because the app was busy trying to move 6 to 10 different text from different people into the group chat thread. By the time you get your txt to go out, the conversation has already moved to a different topic.
    You might try deleting the thread to clear out old messages. And delete individual threads from the other participants. I think the SMS database can get large enough to slow the app down when it's trying to move messages around.
    06-20-2013 10:44 AM
78 1234