Note 2 buffering-Note2 or Wifi Router?

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Last evening I tried watching Cirque du Soleil on You Tube...Alegria which is a spectacular high wire high risk performance. The playback buffered 15 or more times, left me scratching my head. Today at abt 145 pm I tried again...the 8 min + performance played without incident all the way through. This is a new stock SGH1317, ATT.
Is it the Note2 or is it the Wireless Router thats causing buffering to occur?
On LTE the Note2 plays flawlessly. On a separate note..if you want to see truly what kind of magic your Note Display can do to wow you, try watching "Alegria" . Still curious as to the router though. Its a Linksys WRT 300n, has 3 antennas. There is no update available for firmware.. linksys said it was a legacy firmware or router and cant be updated. Probably 5 plus years old. Its output varies alot ( via wifi analyzer).

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I think YouTube has been restricting the streams alot lately. For me it's been buffering alot on stuff when using my ipad. I checked my wifi speed and it was over 30mbps. So it must of been YouTube. It does it on my note 2 too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I think YouTube has been restricting the streams alot lately. For me it's been buffering alot on stuff when using my ipad. I checked my wifi speed and it was over 30mbps. So it must of been YouTube. It does it on my note 2 too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

I noticed that Speedtest.net has been wonkie lately.. it will freeze when trying to measure upload stream. Im also getting varied results with wifi sometimes 5-8 mbps down and 10-19 mbps down with a 54mbps link speed

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had issues with YouTube lately (several weeks now, this has been happening). Not on my laptop, Note 2, my husband's Skyrocket, or iPad 2, but with my PS3 and 360. I'm connected to my WiFi and tested this out and it's just my gaming consoles stuttering through even 2-min long videos. But no, no issues with my Note 2.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Same here, youtube has been horrible the last several weeks. Doesn't matter which device or internet connection I use, the only constant is youtube. Some day's it's fine, but that's the minority.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Well the dilemma to my problem is the wifi router. I had a dr. Appmt today at the hospital. The have a guest wifi network thats open. Speed test. 49 mbps down 58 mbps up! Absolutely clears my note of any potential problem and points the finger at my piece of crap Linksys WRT300N router.