Can't receive text messages.

medinaj92

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased a galaxy note 2 from at&t via bestbuy and it's my first android phone. Whenever I text someone the person receives the message but I don't receive a reply although the text says it's been sent and read by me on the senders phone. This is consistant with everyone I've texted. I've tried shutting off the phone, restarting and factory resetting. I've also swapped the microsim into my iphone and was able to send and receive text, but the problem persist after I swap back. Has anyone experienced similiar problems? Any solutions? Thanks !

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased a galaxy note 2 from at&t via bestbuy and it's my first android phone. Whenever I text someone the person receives the message but I don't receive a reply although the text says it's been sent and read by me on the senders phone. This is consistant with everyone I've texted. I've tried shutting off the phone, restarting and factory resetting. I've also swapped the microsim into my iphone and was able to send and receive text, but the problem persist after I swap back. Has anyone experienced similiar problems? Any solutions? Thanks !

Did you have Imessage or whatever that is on your iphone, you need to deactivate that account.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You need to delete all your saved messages. Your friends phones also need to do the same, well from you anyways. Stsrt fresh all the way around. See if that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes because people are still adding your new phone number to their contacts under your name which still has an imesssge ID.

Go back to your iPhone, go to settings, imessage and turn it off. Let us know if that works.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

medinaj92

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
You need to delete all your saved messages. Your friends phones also need to do the same, well from you anyways. Stsrt fresh all the way around. See if that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

For anyone experiencing the same technical problem, the above solution worked perfectly, thanks !

And thanks to everyone else who replied.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
For anyone experiencing the same technical problem, the above solution worked perfectly, thanks !

And thanks to everyone else who replied.

Glad that worked out. I guess their messages were still linked to the imessage thing. Either way this is good to know.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
imessage actually hijacks your phone number. As you saw, a new sim doesn't help. You have to disable it or change numbers.

Handwritten on my Galaxy Note 2 - Notezilla!

Angeline Salasiban

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
having such a hard time with my galaxy y young.. :(((
i can't receive and send some sms.. i tried factory reset but it's still the same :((
i also tried to change my microsim but no use :((

Ilir Bekteshi

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Angeline,
I had the same problem, and I discovered that Candy Crush Sage II was the last app which I have installed. I uninstalled that and the SMS working again. I don't know if you have installed that game, but if yes, try to uninstall, or try to uninstall the last 2-3 apps.

Hope to help you this hint...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34